GT Fans Keep Calm and get Woody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking about the "cupboard" yesterday. I had been worried about going to a 3 - 4 with a set of 4 - 2 DLs. Then suddenly it hit me. If you were a DC, what would you like better: small, fast DLs or big, fast DLs? That's a no-brainer, of course.

I actually think our new coach will find the "cupboard" in pretty good shape.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We have a ton of question marks on D for next year. We might get a couple answers in the spring. Maybe a few more in fall practice. But I expect a bunch of unanswered questions still heading into game 1.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
so somebody spilt the beans re woody on the other site. an insider? given the threats of expulsion etc for spilling the beans of privy info to non insiders..... when is the execution? where do i sign up for my secret decoder ring and password? i love executions. heh.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
so somebody spilt the beans re woody on the other site. an insider? given the threats of expulsion etc for spilling the beans of privy info to non insiders..... when is the execution? where do i sign up for my secret decoder ring and password? i love executions. heh.
Nothing hidden. Nate Woody is our new DC. Not sure on staff. Will probably all be announced soon.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Speed was dealt a losing hand. Not being able to get to the QB put extra stress on his unit. You think he told them to play off. Sorry but that direction comes from the DC.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yes, hope we keep Speed, he's my favorite assistant coach on the staff.

Yeah, you're gonna have to explain this one.

@jandrews , that's why you don't evaluate the db's simply based on the results of the play. You evaluate them on their technique, look at what they're actually trying to do, etc. There appeared to be some fundamentally wrong things they were doing. The former NFLer that used to post here, Leonard Larramore IIRC, used to tear his hair out over what he saw Speed teaching them. Speed isn't helping us.

If the rumors are correct, Woody is bringing AppSt's DB coach with him which makes the supposed news of Speed staying kinda weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.