GT Fans Keep Calm and get Woody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Is still impressive that Clemson continues to escape the poaching of their coaching stafff. At the end of every year I think to myself that his coordinators are going to leave for more money or a HC position but that has yet to happen. I guess Clemson keeps paying them more, especially considering the BIG MONEY Texas A&M just paid to get Norte Dame's DC. I guess when the Clemson coaches feel that a HC title at their "perceived right school" comes calling then they will forgo the raises from Clemson for opportunities to have a HC title.

Agreed. I live in the upstate area. I will say I'm not overly impressed with the OCs. I think they were bailed out last year with having Watson. I will be curious to see what they are like going forward. Lawrence will be scary to deal with. I also think Johnson has more talent. What intrigues me is will Venables leave. This would have been the year I could see it happening but now his son is coming to play for him. I don't see it for the foreseeable future.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think I disagree with you and @UgaBlows ... well, I agree that UGA blows but .. anyway, our CBs are fine height-wise. Austin is short(ish) but some of the best CBs are in that 5'10-5'11 range. I think Durham and Simmons are over 6'. Simmons is huge for a CB IMHO.

Not making plays = deficient ball skills

JMHO

You are entitled to your opinion but tall athletic WRs have busted our *** the last few years. Guys like that little WR at duh U, who gave everyone else fits, barely had an impact against us. Their taller WRs had a definite impact. Others on other teams also.

For the record I think the Austin’s were our best fundamentally. Our taller guys just didn’t make as many plays as they did imo. So we will agree to disagree.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. I live in the upstate area. I will say I'm not overly impressed with the OCs. I think they were bailed out last year with having Watson. I will be curious to see what they are like going forward. Lawrence will be scary to deal with. I also think Johnson has more talent. What intrigues me is will Venables leave. This would have been the year I could see it happening but now his son is coming to play for him. I don't see it for the foreseeable future.
On the other side of the coin. Now that Clemson has build a "high ceiling" of what a "successful season" looks like ACC Championships, playoff, and playing in National Championship, how long will the fans tolerate a performance like the game against Alabama and want to get rid of Dabo for the next flash in the pan!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You are entitled to your opinion but tall athletic WRs have busted our *** the last few years. Guys like that little WR at duh U, who gave everyone else fits, barely had an impact against us. Their taller WRs had a definite impact. Others on other teams also.

For the record I think the Austin’s were our best fundamentally. Our taller guys just didn’t make as many plays as they did imo. So we will agree to disagree.

Let's not agree to disagree. Let's just agree that I'm right. That feels much better, no? :D

WR's have killed us but IMHO it had more to do with scheme than height/size IMHO.

Reactions: Eli

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
On the other side of the coin. Now that Clemson has build a "high ceiling" of what a "successful season" looks like ACC Championships, playoff, and playing in National Championship, how long will the fans tolerate a performance like the game against Alabama and want to get rid of Dabo for the next flash in the pan!

I listen to the Clemson radio station on a regular basis. They are very loyal to Dabo. After the game the main gripe was the offensive play calling.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Let's not agree to disagree. Let's just agree that I'm right. That feels much better, no? :D

WR's have killed us but IMHO it had more to do with scheme than height/size IMHO.

When our guys lost jump balls it wasn’t mostly due to scheme.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
at this point i think ive seen more positive consensus on this coaching hire than i have seen in a long time in any sport at gt.

given that cpj allows the dc autonomy woody is hiring his own staff. we need to trust that the guy we are all so happy to have is bringing or keeping coaches who will accomplish what he wants and leave it at that. if speed turns out to be a deficit i am sure he wont last long.

i am just not knowledgeable enough to make those kinds of decisions for woody to even make a comment at this point.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Hopefully he emphasizes with the dbs to get their head around and find the ball. Drives me crazy how many times we have been in position to make a play but dont know where ball is so they complete it or get a PI call. Think we will make alot more plays on the ball next couple years

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I live in the Greenville area. Moved up here for my job and been going to Clemson for my MBA.

I like Walt. He has a love for CPJ and is reasonable. Mickey is a homer. Can’t listen to him in the morning.
I'm back and forth from Georgia to Simpsonville during the week. Its definitely a nice area.

Mickey is totally a Homer and he knows it!

Love me some Walt though!
Especially Romona :)

I use to teach through Clemson and Tri county doing the bridges to Clemson program for the Industrial Electronics.
Clemson has a great setup for going from a 2yr to 4 yr program.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Whatcha mouth....
Lol
He is a turd with ears!
FYI
Going to be cold at 10am

Oh Mickey, you're so fine
You're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey,
Hey Mickey

Oh Mickey, you're so fine
You're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey,