GT Fans Keep Calm and get Woody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
No, I meant what I wrote. Eason won us the game last year. I told a UGA friend before the season that after watching the UGA Spring game that Fromm should be the starter. A 5 star from Washington State is a joke. They don't play football in that stae, just like they don't here in Colorado.
Jonathan Stewart, Desmond Trufant, Marcus Trufant, Jermaine Kearse, and Johnny Hekker say hi.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
So Joe Hamilton, Philip Wheeler, Kelly Campbell, James Butler, PJ Daniels, Dawan Landry are bums because they're not future HOF'ers. Makes sense.

Who called them bums? The point was Washington isn't loaded with football talent, if that is the list it isn't that impressive. Compare that to a state like Georgia. I loved watching all of those guys play so not sure why you would imply they are bums.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
This is the type of occasion where I'm glad I no longer live in Atlanta ... 3,000 miles is just about the right insulator from the UGAG nation !
And with the Title game in-town ... sheesh unbearable.
I hear that. I'm about 1000 miles away, and even though wind chill temps are 15 deg below zero right now, I am glad.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Who called them bums? The point was Washington isn't loaded with football talent, if that is the list it isn't that impressive. Compare that to a state like Georgia. I loved watching all of those guys play so not sure why you would imply they are bums.
No one said Washington is putting out more or better players than Georgia. You said they don’t play football in Washington, and I provided some counter examples. Being from Washington doesn’t make someone a bad QB either, just like being from Georgia doesn’t make someone a good QB. I’ll take Jake Locker over Reggie Ball any day of the week.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
No one said Washington is putting out more or better players than Georgia. You said they don’t play football in Washington, and I provided some counter examples. Being from Washington doesn’t make someone a bad QB either, just like being from Georgia doesn’t make someone a good QB. I’ll take Jake Locker over Reggie Ball any day of the week.

Haha sorry man I'm not the one who originally made the comment I just made a sarcastic comment because of the confidence with which you posted those names. They just seem like average NFL players so I thought it was funny. Carry on!

Edit to add - here is a great article that breaks down NFL state by state if anyone is interested. Impressive for the state of Georgia - link.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Haha sorry man I'm not the one who originally made the comment I just made a sarcastic comment because of the confidence with which you posted those names. They just seem like average NFL players so I thought it was funny. Carry on!

Edit to add - here is a great article that breaks down NFL state by state if anyone is interested. Impressive for the state of Georgia - link.
My bad, dude. I get defensive about my birthplace.

Back on topic, the sooner Woody’s hire becomes official, the better. We got lucky hiring Pastner after getting turned down in basketball, but I don’t think we’ll have such luck in football.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
My bad, dude. I get defensive about my birthplace.

Back on topic, the sooner Woody’s hire becomes official, the better. We got lucky hiring Pastner after getting turned down in basketball, but I don’t think we’ll have such luck in football.

It's all good it's my fault for being a smarta$$ in the first place. But I agree let's bring him in!

M
My point exactly. How do you call a guy a 5 star that plays in a state full of 1 stars. The original point is the difference in this year vs last year for Georgia is the QB play is better. Other than that they are the same team.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
M

My point exactly. How do you call a guy a 5 star that plays in a state full of 1 stars. The original point is the difference in this year vs last year for Georgia is the QB play is better. Other than that they are the same team.
Carson Wentz played QB in Bismarck, North Dakota. Before his injury this year, he was competing with Tom Brady for NFL MVP. Are you gonna try to tell me he's that good because he's from North Dakota? Good players can come from anywhere. Adam Gotsis came from Australia for Pete's sake! You can say that Eason's not good because of things you see on the film, but saying he's not good because he's from WA is not a valid argument. Like I said to someone else in the thread, give me Jake Locker over Reggie Ball any day of the week.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Carson Wentz played QB in Bismarck, North Dakota. Before his injury this year, he was competing with Tom Brady for NFL MVP. Are you gonna try to tell me he's that good because he's from North Dakota? Good players can come from anywhere. Adam Gotsis came from Australia for Pete's sake! You can say that Eason's not good because of things you see on the film, but saying he's not good because he's from WA is not a valid argument. Like I said to someone else in the thread, give me Jake Locker over Reggie Ball any day of the week.
I think you are missing his point. He was saying how can you gauge him as being a 5 star when he’s playing no competition. Not necessarily that no 5 star can come from that area. Correct me if I’m wrong @Coloradojacket

Reactions: Eli

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think you are missing his point. He was saying how can you gauge him as being a 5 star when he’s playing no competition. Not necessarily that no 5 star can come from that area. Correct me if I’m wrong @Coloradojacket
On film, a QB can be evaluated on arm strength, throwing mechanics, and accuracy. It's hard to evaluate decision-making, but I don't think that gets any easier based on competition. I'm not a recruiting service, nor do I work for one, so I don't know why Eason was rated a 5-star, but I don't think it's fair to say he's a 2-star talent either based on one year of play as a true freshman behind a bad O-line. I'm sure Mark Richt saw his film and evaluated him in camp before offering him a scholarship and that he wouldn't have offered if he thought Eason wasn't good; if not, then he's not as good a coach as I thought.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
On film, a QB can be evaluated on arm strength, throwing mechanics, and accuracy. It's hard to evaluate decision-making, but I don't think that gets any easier based on competition. I'm not a recruiting service, nor do I work for one, so I don't know why Eason was rated a 5-star, but I don't think it's fair to say he's a 2-star talent either based on one year of play as a true freshman behind a bad O-line. I'm sure Mark Richt saw his film and evaluated him in camp before offering him a scholarship and that he wouldn't have offered if he thought Eason wasn't good; if not, then he's not as good a coach as I thought.
I agree, I was just making a point that Colorado jackets comments weren’t what you thought maybe. I could be wrong though.

You are correct. Look I live here in Colorado and yes you get a few good players, but the reality is these kids can not compete with Southern players. My son plays for Regis Jesuit and they are 5A and got to the second round of the play offs. The average height and weight of their o line is 5'11'' and 220 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.