GT Fans Keep Calm and get Woody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Can we please hold a PR conference tomorrow to announce Nate Woody as D.C. To help wash out the sour taste in our mouths about watching the dwag punch their ticket, on a blocked FG attempt, to the 2018 National Championship Game. Lord knows we've discussed every single possible angle, scheme, starting line up, and coaching assistants that Woody would bring with him. It seems like it has been a eternity of anticipation and suspense as we have awaited an official announcement! Can we please just make it public when the doors open tomorrow morning and move on with the mojo that will come from this hire. I wonder how the recruiting targets are reacting to possible hire of Woody?
I do wonder who if any more players will transfer? I also wonder which recruits Woody has his eyes on with the scholarships that GT has left over. I also wonder if we shift some of our previous defensive targets b/c of the defensive scheme change between Roof and Woody? I wonder how Woody has spent his time during the transition between the 2 schools?
I pray that by this time tomorrow night all the GT Fans are celebrating getting Woody!
PS. Can we please get the satisfaction of seeing tens of thousands of ugag faithful assume the "surrender cobra" position when they lose the National Championship Game !

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Can we please hold a PR conference tomorrow to announce Nate Woody as D.C. To help wash out the sour taste in our mouths about watching the dwag punch their ticket, on a blocked FG attempt, to the 2018 National Championship Game. Lord knows we've discussed every single possible angle, scheme, starting line up, and coaching assistants that Woody would bring with him. It seems like it has been a eternity of anticipation and suspense as we have awaited an official announcement! Can we please just make it public when the doors open tomorrow morning and move on with the mojo that will come from this hire. I wonder how the recruiting targets are reacting to possible hire of Woody?
I do wonder who if any more players will transfer? I also wonder which recruits Woody has his eyes on with the scholarships that GT has left over. I also wonder if we shift some of our previous defensive targets b/c of the defensive scheme change between Roof and Woody? I wonder how Woody has spent his time during the transition between the 2 schools?
I pray that by this time tomorrow night all the GT Fans are celebrating getting Woody!
PS. Can we please get the satisfaction of seeing tens of thousands of ugag faithful assume the "surrender cobra" position when they lose the National Championship Game !

I don't know about schemes and such but I am convinced that we will only get better by recruiting more on defense. All four or five of the remaining scholarships should go to defensive players, the best that we can get. Let Woody be Woody and turn them loose. Anyone watching Alabama and UGA can see that defense wins championships. That is the way to go. Incidentally, after watching Alabama and Clemson I am of the mind that if Alabama plays next week like they have been tonight they will beat UGA. As always, they are fast and bring the pressure on defense. Very sound tackling and swarming to the ball like poking a fire ant mound with a stick.

I don't know about schemes and such but I am convinced that we will only get better by recruiting more on defense. All four or five of the remaining scholarships should go to defensive players, the best that we can get. Let Woody be Woody and turn them loose. Anyone watching Alabama and UGA can see that defense wins championships. That is the way to go. Incidentally, after watching Alabama and Clemson I am of the mind that if Alabama plays next week like they have been tonight they will beat UGA. As always, they are fast and bring the pressure on defense. Very sound tackling and swarming to the ball like poking a fire ant mound with a stick.
Anyone watching Alabama and UGA can see that defense wins championships
That's for sure about Bama, but why do you include Georgia? They didn't show any defense tonight.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Lol. Idk why. The news will be drowned out by barking..
I hope their is an announcement so the coaches can get to recruiting.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
That's for sure about Bama, but why do you include Georgia? They didn't show any defense tonight.
Just trying to be fair and even handed. Believe me they can play defense when they put the crack down long enough to focus. They certainly shut down Oklahoma in the third quarter. To reiterate, very impressed with Alabama. Of the four contenders I would say they have been the best on this night. Now what they do next week might be a whole different story but I can just about guarantee you there will not be any track meets masquerading as football next week.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I don't know enough about scheme and technique to say that Woody is the answer to our defense, though somebody who actually has tackled someone before and so knows it means put him on the ground would be nice. There is a lot of enthusiasm for him. But I'll just wait and see. We have been through Wommack, Groh, Kelly (temporary, on his way to FSU) and Roof, and in October before he fired him in December Paul Johnson said Roof was doing a good job. There were varying degrees of enthusiasm for each, but it was all up-beat. The latest hire was the man to turn this thing around, get some 3-and-outs, get our offense the ball back. But the water just kept rising and here we are, starting over. Of course, with great enthusiasm. Just to be on the safe side as we get a fix on our new and improved defense, I hope Johnson can find a QB and score 45 points a game, which, after all, was his original template: we don't need no stinkin' defense, just outscore the suckers. So my hope is that Johnson first finds us a QB. Just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.