GT Fans Keep Calm and get Woody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to finish the point of what is different about UGA this year and last.
From complete 165 attempts 259 63.7% TDs 23 Ints 5
Eason complete 204 attempts 370 55.1% TDs 16 Ints 8
Both first year starters.

Other than that they are the same team and those stats are the difference in winning and losing.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Well I like he hitting the ground running.
Let's get the players reading his scheme and studying.
Lets get his players in recruiting.
I love how he has lengthy stays where he's coached and how significantly his defenses improve and become stout.
Not only does he have his own style he seems to really be a student of the game.
Hope he gets adjusted quick to P5 level competition.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
And to finish the point of what is different about UGA this year and last.
From complete 165 attempts 259 63.7% TDs 23 Ints 5
Eason complete 204 attempts 370 55.1% TDs 16 Ints 8
Both first year starters.

Other than that they are the same team and those stats are the difference in winning and losing.
Well there is actually much more to the story. Both may be 5 stars in HS and according to their pysicals. But Fromm adjusted better to the speed of the college game and has much more football acumen, resulting in better reads, effective checks, gaining confidence of his team mates by his leadership qualities and more. Hard to gauge until you been under the gun in P5 footall.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

StingU2

Jolly Good Fellow
I think you are missing his point. He was saying how can you gauge him as being a 5 star when he’s playing no competition. Not necessarily that no 5 star can come from that area. Correct me if I’m wrong @Coloradojacket

Players aren't generally given 5 star status by the competition they face in high school, but rather the competition they face in 7 on 7 camps and the like.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Well there is actually much more to the story. Both may be 5 stars in HS and according to their pysicals. But Fromm adjusted better to the speed of the college game and has much more football acumen, resulting in better reads, effective checks, gaining confidence of his team mates by his leadership qualities and more. Hard to gauge until you been under the gun in P5 footall.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Fromm is also playing behind a better OL, and has a better running game which takes a lot off his plate as a true freshman. I’m not saying Eason is as good, but little things like this can make a QB look better. Fromm also had a better D this year.

Evan33

Georgia Tech Fan
Can some one please hit on Kelly Quinlan’s tweet about Nate Woody beginning his ground work and what the article says?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing ill say is I think Roof left the D in much better shape than he or any other previous dc inherited it. I think Roof left Woody alot of good interesting talent to play with minus d-ends. But going to 3-4 should help with that. First dc hire that im actually excited about. I actually think we will see significant improvement.

Also everyone always said we need a unique/different d or coach to go with cpj and I think Woodys d is a perfect match. Its Pauls last dc and i think he nailed it, we will see

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
One thing ill say is I think Roof left the D in much better shape than he or any other previous dc inherited it. I think Roof left Woody alot of good interesting talent to play with minus d-ends. But going to 3-4 should help with that. First dc hire that im actually excited about. I actually think we will see significant improvement.

Also everyone always said we need a unique/different d or coach to go with cpj and I think Woodys d is a perfect match. Its Pauls last dc and i think he nailed it, we will see
Nah man after we win the NC in two years Woody will be getting major head coaching offers.

Milwaukee

Banned

I'm excited about Woody's style, but I don't get all the cupboard is full comments. Its maybe better than it was a couple of years ago but thats not saying much. We've recruited horribly for almost a decade now unfortunately. I'm excited about the young players because they wear a GT helmet but it's not like we're loaded with big time talents or big time recruits. I'm hoping his scheme will make a bigger difference than anything and if it does it will be one less obstacle. But someway somehow we have to figure out this recruiting thing (which opens up the whole academic offerings debate).

I haven't been this excited about a hire in a long time though.

slugboy

Staff member

Well, there was some talent when Wommack came in. I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt, but that defense had a reputation and he just frittered it away :facepalm:

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm excited about Woody's style, but I don't get all the cupboard is full comments. Its maybe better than it was a couple of years ago but thats not saying much. We've recruited horribly for almost a decade now unfortunately. I'm excited about the young players because they wear a GT helmet but it's not like we're loaded with big time talents or big time recruits. I'm hoping his scheme will make a bigger difference than anything and if it does it will be one less obstacle. But someway somehow we have to figure out this recruiting thing (which opens up the whole academic offerings debate).

I haven't been this excited about a hire in a long time though.
Hes gonna have a bunch of 6"2-6"4 dbs to play with. BJS, JH, KO, vic, dingle etc. weve been recruiting dtackles way better lately so just need some good rush ends that can play 1 of the olb positions

Status
Not open for further replies.