Graham Academically Ineligible

Milwaukee

Banned
Isn’t Mommy ringing the dinner bell yet?

Crap like this is a clear sign you can't keep up with a debate. Do you have anything to contest what the guy has said or just this crap because you don't like to hear what he has to say? If he is a troll, and I honestly have no idea, then you are just as much one.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Crap like this is a clear sign you can't keep up with a debate. Do you have anything to contest what the guy has said or just this crap because you don't like to hear what he has to say? If he is a troll, and I honestly have no idea, then you are just as much one.
Truth hurts.

Milwaukee

Banned
Yeah I’d like to think we’ve learned better than to engage him.

Have you engaged him and not liked his answers or were they completely false? Big difference. The fact that a small contingency is jumping on him leads me to believe you ladies don't like hearing what he has to say therefore you insult him and attempt to minimize.

Have you engaged him and not liked his answers or were they completely false? Big difference. The fact that a small contingency is jumping on him leads me to believe you ladies don't like hearing what he has to say therefore you insult him and attempt to minimize.
He has a history dating back to when the AJC articles had blogs, and, although under a different name, he spouted the SOS over and over, until finally the AJC banned him.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
no head in the sand

I simply believe that GT FB should recruit equal to or better than these teams

ND
Stanford
Michigan
Penn St
UCLA
Cal
NW
Purdue
Vandy
U-Dub
Dook
UVa

For those that think I have my head in the sand, maybe my detractors should update their outdated from-the-80s info about CFB recruiting & academics

For example:

GT has been ranked by US News & World Report (USNWR) ever since they started doing rankings, GT has always been ranked between 25 & 40, BTW we are ranked 35 in the most recent rankings for 2019

In that same time frame, UGA, which was once ranked in the high 90s, 97 or whatever, has steadily climbed the USNWR rankings and are now ranked #46 overall, within spitting distance of our cherished, academically elite GT

This is how this impacts recruiting, now UGA coaches, Kirby for example can legitimately sit in a Recruit's living room and pull out reprints from that Magazine that shows that UGA is also an "elite academic school in the Top50 just like GT", for FB players with strong academics that never wanted to major in CompSci-Engr-Arch anyway, this could easily tilt things in UGAs favor

If I were a UGA coach and had my best salesmen's hat on, I'd tell that Recruit and his parents, "hey, there are more than 2000 colleges that offer bachelor's degrees, and based on what your son wants to major in, 11 slots outta 2000 ain't gonna limit his career options when he graduates from UGA, and we've got the tiebreaker of much better FB in a Conf. that all the experts think is better, can I get you to sign during early signing....."

Other coaches & schools don't have to have academics = to GT's, they just have to have academics that are "close enough" to GT's

Given these facts that other coaches have at their disposal, you guys are the one that has their head in the sand, everyone has some glowing report to woo parents that their school has great academics, GT's old, outdated recruiting pitch of "it's a 40yr. decision, blah blah blah" no longer has the impact it had during the days of Dodd.

USNWR has a website for those that like to name call

I guess one major disconnect between common sense folks like myself and my detractors is that I understand that we are recruiting FB PLAYERS, whereas many of you guys act as if we are recruiting ENGINEERS who happen to play FB.

Those 2 groups aren't the same and rarely do those 2 groups intersect, we ain't recruiting engineers that happen to play FB folks
How many degree options does GT have compared to those other schools though? Your last comment is very telling, and I agree with it for the most park, yet it contradicts your assessment that we should recruit as well as some of the schools on your list (imo we should recruit as well or better than some of those you listed) but what football player WANTS to take the classes at GT when they could go to another program and take classes that “hide” them? Sorry, but GT doesn’t have the luxury to hide players like some schools. However, I think we can be a top 15 team in recruiting.

Milwaukee

Banned
He has a history dating back to when the AJC articles had blogs, and, although under a different name, he spouted the SOS over and over, until finally the AJC banned him.

Ok. I'll take your word for it, Super. I want everyone to get a fair shot at stating their opinion is where I'm coming from. If someone ruffles feathers I usually want to hear them out. Just intuition.

Ok. I'll take your word for it, Super. I want everyone to get a fair shot at stating their opinion is where I'm coming from. If someone ruffles feathers I usually want to hear them out. Just intuition.
He has always said one or two things that make sense, but when you begin to look at the entire body of his work, which unfortunately, you can't do, since you can only see what he posts here, you will see that he had an abject hatred for anything to do with Tech. He HATED Johnson (he said), and in time he will hate Collins too, but his message always remains the same.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
no head in the sand

I simply believe that GT FB should recruit equal to or better than these teams

ND
Stanford
Michigan
Penn St
UCLA
Cal
NW
Purdue
Vandy
U-Dub
Dook
UVa

For those that think I have my head in the sand, maybe my detractors should update their outdated from-the-80s info about CFB recruiting & academics

For example:

GT has been ranked by US News & World Report (USNWR) ever since they started doing rankings, GT has always been ranked between 25 & 40, BTW we are ranked 35 in the most recent rankings for 2019

In that same time frame, UGA, which was once ranked in the high 90s, 97 or whatever, has steadily climbed the USNWR rankings and are now ranked #46 overall, within spitting distance of our cherished, academically elite GT

This is how this impacts recruiting, now UGA coaches, Kirby for example can legitimately sit in a Recruit's living room and pull out reprints from that Magazine that shows that UGA is also an "elite academic school in the Top50 just like GT", for FB players with strong academics that never wanted to major in CompSci-Engr-Arch anyway, this could easily tilt things in UGAs favor

If I were a UGA coach and had my best salesmen's hat on, I'd tell that Recruit and his parents, "hey, there are more than 2000 colleges that offer bachelor's degrees, and based on what your son wants to major in, 11 slots outta 2000 ain't gonna limit his career options when he graduates from UGA, and we've got the tiebreaker of much better FB in a Conf. that all the experts think is better, can I get you to sign during early signing....."

Other coaches & schools don't have to have academics = to GT's, they just have to have academics that are "close enough" to GT's

Given these facts that other coaches have at their disposal, you guys are the one that has their head in the sand, everyone has some glowing report to woo parents that their school has great academics, GT's old, outdated recruiting pitch of "it's a 40yr. decision, blah blah blah" no longer has the impact it had during the days of Dodd.

USNWR has a website for those that like to name call

I guess one major disconnect between common sense folks like myself and my detractors is that I understand that we are recruiting FB PLAYERS, whereas many of you guys act as if we are recruiting ENGINEERS who happen to play FB.

Those 2 groups aren't the same and rarely do those 2 groups intersect, we ain't recruiting engineers that happen to play FB folks

You just in your own post pointed out why we can't recruit like some of those schools. From a football only perspective, there are several schools on there that are hands down much better. ND, Michigan, Penn State. Take those out and you might have a point. Not sure exactly what point you might be making. If you take academics out of the recruiting pitch, what are you selling? A 55,000 seat stadium that is never full (except from opposing fans)? Facilities that while good aren't elite? 1 major that isn't engineering?

In the technical world, GT is elite. There are a handful of peer colleges and a few that are better. UGA isn't in the same stratosphere.

I might add that @Augusta_Jacket and I first met through the AJC blogs, and he has already confirmed my suspicions that this guy is that same one from back then. @OldJacketFan would probably agree, since he was active on those old blogs too. It's just hard to cover up the smell of s**t