Graham Academically Ineligible

Deleted member 2897

We can never have nice things here.

Remember this was actually a smart guy. He was not on social media, didn't play the typical hat games or anything like that. Solid 4-star guy on and off the field. Georgia Tech is just different that way. Hopefully he can turn it around. It seems like whenever we end up with a solid QB option in waiting something bad happens (Matthew Jordan, Lucas Johnson, Jay Jones, now James Graham).

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer

Remember this was actually a smart guy. He was not on social media, didn't play the typical hat games or anything like that. Solid 4-star guy on and off the field. Georgia Tech is just different that way. Hopefully he can turn it around. It seems like whenever we end up with a solid QB option in waiting something bad happens (Matthew Jordan, Lucas Johnson, Jay Jones, now James Graham).
It's 1 guy ineligible. Most schools probably have more. Don't start with the academic fatalism.

Deleted member 2897

giphy.gif

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think the main thing to learn here is that GT will continue to have this happen, at times. They give the student-athletes tremendous amounts of assistance, but they don't take their tests for them.

This is exactly why many of the NFL caliber recruits don't want to put themselves through this possibility. With that said, hopefully CGC can find some that do.

Hopefully, just a learning experience for this young man.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

BTW, I think the minimum for someone's first fall semester is 9 hours and a 1.8 GPA. I am guessing they take a class or two during the summer.

But missing a 1.8 GPA is just really bad when you're a student athlete. And we have an almost 98% freshman retention rate. Hopefully he's learned a lesson now that this stuff is real and Professors are not like high school teachers - if you earn a D or an F here, they will give you one (or many).

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the main thing to learn here is that GT will continue to have this happen, at times. They give the student-athletes tremendous amounts of assistance, but they don't take their tests for them.

This is exactly why many of the NFL caliber recruits don't want to put themselves through this possibility. With that said, hopefully CGC can find some that do.

Even a place that prints degrees on toilet paper can have academic eligibility problems.

https://www.macon.com/sports/colleg...ldogs-beat/uga-football/article138665853.html

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer

Remember this was actually a smart guy. He was not on social media, didn't play the typical hat games or anything like that. Solid 4-star guy on and off the field. Georgia Tech is just different that way. Hopefully he can turn it around. It seems like whenever we end up with a solid QB option in waiting something bad happens (Matthew Jordan, Lucas Johnson, Jay Jones, now James Graham.
Tim Byerly says hello!