Graham Academically Ineligible

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Either, when taught correctly, can be fun for just about anyone to learn.
You just described the challenges of Tech. Awhile back, some guy who took calculus at Kennesaw? West Ga.? Auburn? Troy? said he took calculus and didn't see how it could possibly be harder at Tech than at his alma mater!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If tech gets profs that can make the material "fun" I may re-enroll. Outside of the academic crush and grind, I really enjoyed that period of my life. If you see a 60 year old guy in the Swarm section next year, it'll be me!!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
When I was in school, the players always got first choice of the "easier" profs, a huge advantage, plus first class tutoring. Still does not make it easy with all the hours they expend on FB, but does make it doable. I imagine it is still the same today.
I had a drawing prof tell me that when Maxie needed to pass a drawing final to stay eligible for a bowl game, he told Maxie to draw a cube and that would get him a passing grade. His point was that they could no longer do things like that, but some profs still had the latitude to help the players by easing up on finals.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
that lab was for a friggin EARTH SCIENCE class

Our so -called "STEM CORE" is 2 semesters of Earth Science and 2 Math classes (Finite Math & SURVEY of Calc), BTW these aren't even accepted for GT's Engr-CompSci-Math-Science Majors, only for Business & LMC & HST which is what 90% of our scholly FB players major in

I wish board Mods would limit the misinformation about GT's tough academics that scares away recruits unnecessarily and makes old fart alums get a woody over the eliteness of their degree
The business degree is from the #21 best business school in America. It s not easy.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Whew, i just looked at my OSCAR and all i have to say is if i was able recover, Graham can do it as well. As @33jacket said, if you put in the effort, you will stay eligible and graduate
I got a .3 in my 3rd semester. 2 F’s and a D

Calculus 8 AM
Chemistry 9 AM
Physics 10 AM

Scheduling and I didn’t even know that you could withdraw from a class. Bye bye hope grant

Animal02

Banned
Apparently it is. Literally not 1 person has proven you wrong, but you've been hit with insults quite a bit. Irony from about 9 different angles. You are a trigger, apparently.
He woould not recognize facts if they slapped him upside the head.
He has been proven wrong multiple times and just keeps repeating it. It is not worth the bother.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that in all the time I've been on GT message boards I've never seen anyone claim that GT isn't more academically challenging than our competition.
... do don't worry, you will sooner or later.
Well maybe not the exact words, but the inference is the same.

More head in the sand by the resident Troll. :rolleyes:

no head in the sand

I simply believe that GT FB should recruit equal to or better than these teams

ND
Stanford
Michigan
Penn St
UCLA
Cal
NW
Purdue
Vandy
U-Dub
Dook
UVa

For those that think I have my head in the sand, maybe my detractors should update their outdated from-the-80s info about CFB recruiting & academics

For example:

GT has been ranked by US News & World Report (USNWR) ever since they started doing rankings, GT has always been ranked between 25 & 40, BTW we are ranked 35 in the most recent rankings for 2019

In that same time frame, UGA, which was once ranked in the high 90s, 97 or whatever, has steadily climbed the USNWR rankings and are now ranked #46 overall, within spitting distance of our cherished, academically elite GT

This is how this impacts recruiting, now UGA coaches, Kirby for example can legitimately sit in a Recruit's living room and pull out reprints from that Magazine that shows that UGA is also an "elite academic school in the Top50 just like GT", for FB players with strong academics that never wanted to major in CompSci-Engr-Arch anyway, this could easily tilt things in UGAs favor

If I were a UGA coach and had my best salesmen's hat on, I'd tell that Recruit and his parents, "hey, there are more than 2000 colleges that offer bachelor's degrees, and based on what your son wants to major in, 11 slots outta 2000 ain't gonna limit his career options when he graduates from UGA, and we've got the tiebreaker of much better FB in a Conf. that all the experts think is better, can I get you to sign during early signing....."

Other coaches & schools don't have to have academics = to GT's, they just have to have academics that are "close enough" to GT's

Given these facts that other coaches have at their disposal, you guys are the one that has their head in the sand, everyone has some glowing report to woo parents that their school has great academics, GT's old, outdated recruiting pitch of "it's a 40yr. decision, blah blah blah" no longer has the impact it had during the days of Dodd.

USNWR has a website for those that like to name call

I guess one major disconnect between common sense folks like myself and my detractors is that I understand that we are recruiting FB PLAYERS, whereas many of you guys act as if we are recruiting ENGINEERS who happen to play FB.

Those 2 groups aren't the same and rarely do those 2 groups intersect, we ain't recruiting engineers that happen to play FB folks