Graham Academically Ineligible

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You don't have to cheat the 2150 kids to make it easier for BOTH the players AND the lower 10% or so of the 2150 kids---you just give Cs instead of Ds/Fs, like most all elite private schools do. I went to Tech and one of said private schools, and I've seen it first hand. Btw, Tech was more challenging by far, than the private.
Sometimes, fellows, you just see the Georgia Tech elitism running wild. Other schools with other degrees just as hard and just as valid are out there, and Tech is not alone, try as grads might want to believe. I have no idea if Tech makes allowances for athletes, but it is nothing to get puffed up over if it doesn't. Lots of schools don't. Moreover this speculating about what an 19 or 20-year-old did or didn't do in the classroom is unseemly.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes, fellows, you just see the Georgia Tech elitism running wild. Other schools with other degrees just as hard and just as valid are out there, and Tech is not alone, try as grads might want to believe. I have no idea if Tech makes allowances for athletes, but it is nothing to get puffed up over if it doesn't. Lots of schools don't. Moreover this speculating about what an 19 or 20-year-old did or didn't do in the classroom is unseemly.

There have been times in the past that the "hill" would allow 3 exceptions, but the registrars office still had to approve the 3 if I've understood it right. Have no idea if that is the case now.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
There have been times in the past that the "hill" would allow 3 exceptions, but the registrars office still had to approve the 3 if I've understood it right. Have no idea if that is the case now.

Believe this went away, at least publicly, about the time of the crooked/subversive academic advisor throwing the GTAA under the bus either under CCG or early CPJ.

I'd be surprised if there aren't a few exceptions from time to time, just as there are some for the general student body, but given the litigious nature of our PC society you're probably not going to get anyone in the Registrar's Office or GTAA to air such a policy.

slugboy

Staff member
So this sounds like he probably won't be eligible? Reading between the lines

I don’t think anyone with inside information has posted anything substantial
The latest public information is that he’s working hard this summer to regain eligibility. It’s not easy, so kudos to him for all his work so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Assuming they still have some kind of summer session, which wouldn't be a full semester, but I assume would be enough, it's more a question as to when that summer session ends, which should be very soon.

GT Calendar Link
Last day of 2nd session classes - 7/24
Exams 7/25-8/1
Grades Available: 8/6

In the spirit of Apollo 11, it's another 2 1/2 weeks before some people on here can breathe.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The lines where he says he’s still working on being eligible

Considering that you literally cannot regain eligibility until after the semester ends and grades are in, he has to “keep working” on regaining it through finals (and then keep working to stay that way). I’d say an attitude of “I got this, it’s already done” would be way more concerning.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes, fellows, you just see the Georgia Tech elitism running wild. Other schools with other degrees just as hard and just as valid are out there, and Tech is not alone, try as grads might want to believe. I have no idea if Tech makes allowances for athletes, but it is nothing to get puffed up over if it doesn't. Lots of schools don't.
Lol. Anyone who claims the title 'skeptic' is staking defacto claim to personal eliteness. Every espoused 'skeptic' I've met believes that they have a unique ability to discern the 'truth' and will grace us mere mortals with their advanced logic to enlighten us. Sigh. Pots like to call kettles names, after all.

I recruit engineers at 'lots of schools'. Tech grads can hold their head high, in my experience. Now if you took the M-train then I can see why you'd be skeptical.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
If it is just one class he is having trouble with, then he should have someone (provided by the GTAA /Alum Assn / academic snobs) to do the classwork/test for him in this one class.

He seems to be a good person. He deserves the time to get on with the rest of his classes, and time to continue to grasp the new O.

If anyone has their degree devalued by this, that is because you are an idiot.

The Hill has zero room to complain ethically. There have been , for decades, profs taking taxpayer monies and publishing instead of teaching. And lately the outright theft of monies and Bill of Rights protections from the highest echelon on campus.

Except under the most egregious circumstances, whoever CGC wants in school he should get in.

And any player, absent breaking the law, should remain eligable and graduate as long as they attend class.

Animal02

Banned
If it is just one class he is having trouble with, then he should have someone (provided by the GTAA /Alum Assn / academic snobs) to do the classwork/test for him in this one class.

He seems to be a good person. He deserves the time to get on with the rest of his classes, and time to continue to grasp the new O.

The Hill has zero room to complain ethically. There have been , for decades, profs taking taxpayer monies and publishing instead of teaching. And lately the outright theft of monies and Bill of Rights protections from the highest echelon on campus.

Except under the most egregious circumstances, whoever CGC wants in school he should get in.

And any player, absent breaking the law, should remain eligable and graduate as long as they attend class.
Tech, like almost every large University, is considered a research institution. That means a premium is placed on research (and the grant money it takes in) and teaching is an after thought.

Student rights issues I agree with you.

Your suggestion of someone taking the tests for Grahmn will end up with Tech having Mizzou like penalties.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Hey, to add on to your list of absolutely brilliant ideas, maybe one of the engineering students could make a machine that will throw the diploma in his car window as he drives past campus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Why is anyone taking the “we should have someone take tests for him” troll bait? I thought y’all were smarter than that.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Lol. Anyone who claims the title 'skeptic' is staking defacto claim to personal eliteness. Every espoused 'skeptic' I've met believes that they have a unique ability to discern the 'truth' and will grace us mere mortals with their advanced logic to enlighten us. Sigh. Pots like to call kettles names, after all.

I recruit engineers at 'lots of schools'. Tech grads can hold their head high, in my experience. Now if you took the M-train then I can see why you'd be skeptical.
Huh?