CPJ needs to be fired

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I just saw where Hal Mumme resigned as head coach at a Division III school (Belhaven U, and yes, Mumme is still coaching) to get back to coaching at a higher level. I’m not saying it would ever happen or that their egos would ever mesh, but could you imagine an offense that somehow combined Paul’s TO with Hal’s AirRaid philosophies. Defensive coordinators would call in sick the entire week before playing Georgia Tech.
They used to call him Hal Dumme at Kentucky because he went for it on 4th down so much

J_Trouche

Georgia Tech Fan
Because you have been at every practice and workout and know for a fact there is someone better sitting the bench? If not, you have no business making such a comment.
Paul Johnson said at the beginning of the season that Jay Jones would make the most plays for us and against us. so yeah i do know there is someone more talented. i don't understand why he wouldn't have invested in the future and broken him in simply because he was a freshman. So if I said, "we need to get rid of Vad Lee and replace him with JT" you would've told me i shouldn't give my opinion because I'm not at practice. yeah I'm not I'm watching the game where we miss Jalen Camp on a spot route to get the first on 4th and 4 at the beginning of the game because taquan marshall is not as tall as Lucas Johnson and not as athletic as Jay Jones.

Animal02

Banned
Paul Johnson said at the beginning of the season that Jay Jones would make the most plays for us and against us. so yeah i do know there is someone more talented. i don't understand why he wouldn't have invested in the future and broken him in simply because he was a freshman. So if I said, "we need to get rid of Vad Lee and replace him with JT" you would've told me i shouldn't give my opinion because I'm not at practice. yeah I'm not I'm watching the game where we miss Jalen Camp on a spot route to get the first on 4th and 4 at the beginning of the game because taquan marshall is not as tall as Lucas Johnson and not as athletic as Jay Jones.
You are just another arm chair coach with no clue but thinks he knows better than the coaches that see these players day in and day out. :rolleyes:
Just like the "fans" that booed TW because Vad didn't start........It would be a violation of this board's rules to finish posting my thoughts.

Animal02

Banned
Just watching Taquon and Lucas throwing passes in warmups is pretty eye opening, one is throwing lazers, the other rainbows...
Yes, and you can watch kickers in practice nailing 50 yarders and miss 30s in games. Throwing lazers is all fine and good and if he can't handle the mesh / read in game conditions, the throwing arm is moot. My point is the coaches see these kids day in and day out and are the ones being paid to make the decision who is best to be put on the field........not someone "watching the game" and calling for individual players to be benched. It is ignorant and classless

J_Trouche

Georgia Tech Fan
Last thing ill say. TM looked great at the beginning of the season when he played a 4-8 UT team a 5-7 Pitt team and a 3-9 UNC team. not to mention about 25% of all his yards came in one game
Yes, and you can watch kickers in practice nailing 50 yarders and miss 30s in games. Throwing lazers is all fine and good and if he can't handle the mesh / read in game conditions, the throwing arm is moot. My point is the coaches see these kids day in and day out and are the ones being paid to make the decision who is best to be put on the field........not someone "watching the game" and calling for individual players to be benched. It is ignorant and classless
sorry, name one of the throws taquan nailed all season. missed a wide open qua for the win against Tennessee week 1. tell me if you saw any improvement in his passing by the ugag game. I didn't. If taquan is the best we have thats on Johnson for not recruiting well enough but I don't think he is. Dedrick Mills also said that Jay Jones was the best passer in his opinion. we can agree to disagree but I say try something new. we went 5-6 after going 9-4 with a less experienced team than Justin Thomas commanded.

J_Trouche

Georgia Tech Fan
Before you say he nailed the passes in the Va Tech game. he was 2/8 and you and I could've made those throws they were so wide open.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Last thing ill say. TM looked great at the beginning of the season when he played a 4-8 UT team a 5-7 Pitt team and a 3-9 UNC team. not to mention about 25% of all his yards came in one game

sorry, name one of the throws taquan nailed all season. missed a wide open qua for the win against Tennessee week 1. tell me if you saw any improvement in his passing by the ugag game. I didn't. If taquan is the best we have thats on Johnson for not recruiting well enough but I don't think he is. Dedrick Mills also said that Jay Jones was the best passer in his opinion. we can agree to disagree but I say try something new. we went 5-6 after going 9-4 with a less experienced team than Justin Thomas commanded.
No one will argue that TM can't throw he completed 37% of his passes lol

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
sorry, name one of the throws taquan nailed all season. missed a wide open qua for the win against Tennessee week 1.

The wide open one to Qua in the TN game he had to throw just before getting hit and before Qua was in position. If he had half a second more, he probably could have made a good throw.

In that same game, he hit Qua exactly in the right spot for a big gain with Qua diving while the TN player had him smothered. That was a nailed pass-catch.

Animal02

Banned

What a mismash of moving goal posts. Fact remains, you don't know, and have squat to make the claims you do.
BTW....passing is only one small portion of the game and a QB's responsibilities.

J_Trouche

Georgia Tech Fan
The wide open one to Qua in the TN game he had to throw just before getting hit and before Qua was in position. If he had half a second more, he probably could have made a good throw.

In that same game, he hit Qua exactly in the right spot for a big gain with Qua diving while the TN player had him smothered. That was a nailed pass-catch.

Fine then. I'll just shut up and become satisfied with a 1/3 chance of completing the ball everytime we pass. And there is no way taquan is handling his other responsibilities well when the A-backs are at an all time low in rushing yards and passing yards

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Fine then. I'll just shut up and become satisfied with a 1/3 chance of completing the ball everytime we pass. And there is no way taquan is handling his other responsibilities well when the A-backs are at an all time low in rushing yards and passing yards

TQ did miss some throws. He did make some mistakes on give-keep pitch-keep decisions. However, he played well. Some of the passes he missed were not his fault, such as the wide open Qua pass that you described. Some were his fault. On some of the runs there were two or three defensive players to option at the pitch, which means there isn't any option except to keep the ball and lose yards. He isn't a disgrace of a player as you seem to be describing him as.

Although I would have liked for TM to pitch the ball more than he did, nevertheless, the low yardage is more because there was no blocking on the perimeter, or, as RonJohn said, there were two or three defensive players out there making a pitch unreasonable.

Animal02

Banned
Although I would have liked for TM to pitch the ball more than he did, nevertheless, the low yardage is more because there was no blocking on the perimeter, or, as RonJohn said, there were two or three defensive players out there making a pitch unreasonable.
Pitch man relationship to the QB as well......but even if there was blocking and perfect relationship to the pitchman etc, etc. I will believe the coaches are putting the best AVAILABLE player on the field. To claim another player should have played instead insinuates that the coaches are purposely putting a less player on the field......and asinine assumption.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

He wasn't as good overall as JT. Most will probably agree with that assertion. He was probably most capable of running the O this year however. It's pure conjecture on your part to allege any of the backups would have done a better job. Is it possible they might have? Yes. Is it most likely? No. If it had been someone else would have won the starting job.

If JT hadn't had '14 to prove himself. You probably would have called to bench him in favor or MJ after '15. Then we'd have missed out on '16.

Maybe TM wins the job again next year. Maybe one of the young guns does. I trust the coaches will be able to make the right decision there.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
The only thing I really see with TM is a need for more intense coaching on his passing fundamentals.

Since I don’t know if they are/were spending time on front foot placement, throwing motion or follow through it’s hard to know where the accuracy issue lies. He steps to the front left of his target not straight at where ball placement is desired. This affects everything to do with his passes. I’ve said it before his throwing motion lends itself to a sidearmed heave rather than a controlled fluid throw.

I don’t see a lack of talent on this team I do see things that make me wonder if our coaches are paying attention to the actual player fundamentals during film study ( self scouting) or are they just looking at player placement within the scheme of the play. His throwing mechanics are why he missed a lot of open receivers in my opinion.

GT_Dre27

Georgia Tech Fan
HE CAN'T RECRUIT!!!!
It's not that he can't recruit, there's more to being an athlete at GT than people realize. One thing that stands out is the curriculum our athletes must have. Fortunately, we don't offer Physical Education or Turf Management. That's not intended to be a knock on any other University because education is very important, but it narrows the available talent for Tech to choose.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk