CPJ needs to be fired

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I will never forget the "fans" booing TW because the wanted Vad. So when I see others posting that TM or any other player should be benched, or Freeman didn't have the proper leadership, etc. it really pisses me off. As I have posted multiple time, I will continue to believe the coaches are putting the best available player on the field.

I agree that they are putting the best available player, if you are talking about quarterback, but our problems on offense go much deeper than a quick fix by changing the quarterback. If only it were so simple.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I will never forget the "fans" booing TW because the wanted Vad. So when I see others posting that TM or any other player should be benched, or Freeman didn't have the proper leadership, etc. it really pisses me off. As I have posted multiple time, I will continue to believe the coaches are putting the best available player on the field.

You may be right. Some of our “best available players” just aren’t as good as the other teams’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Not the year to make a coaching change I say we wait till Paul Johnson's contract runs out and unless he puts together three 8+ win seasons in a row we say goodbye
Agree, but would like a 7-5 year with a 9-3 . I hope we show some ability to win half our games agains uga, vt,clem, miami, unc, and the best of the bottom feeders. Right now it seems very unlikely we can win 2 of 6 from this group. Ouch! Bring on Elin and citadel

Last edited:

J_Trouche

Georgia Tech Fan
The most frustrating thing about Quon, is that his passing got worse.
I don't think his passing got worse i think he just stopped playing a 4-8 UT team an FCS team a 5-7 Pitt team and a 3-9 UNC team. after going 5/9 5/7 4/7 and 5/10 (which is all we need because they're all probably first down passes) he went 3/7 5/11 3/13 6/22 2/8 3/13 and 2/9 and 5 interceptions after throwing zero in the first 4. not saying all of that is Taquan, I think Mike Sewak is to blame, but the passing offense as a whole got exposed and teams learned the offense had trouble passing and really just had to stop Kirvonte. in our last 7 games teams just sold out to stop the run and Kirvonte only had 2 100 rushing yard games (one of those was the clemson game were he got almost all of it off 1 run) compared to 3 out of the first 4. we were 3-1 in our first 4 games and 2-5 in our last 7.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I don't think his passing got worse i think he just stopped playing a 4-8 UT team an FCS team a 5-7 Pitt team and a 3-9 UNC team. after going 5/9 5/7 4/7 and 5/10 (which is all we need because they're all probably first down passes) he went 3/7 5/11 3/13 6/22 2/8 3/13 and 2/9 and 5 interceptions after throwing zero in the first 4. not saying all of that is Taquan, I think Mike Sewak is to blame, but the passing offense as a whole got exposed and teams learned the offense had trouble passing and really just had to stop Kirvonte. in our last 7 games teams just sold out to stop the run and Kirvonte only had 2 100 rushing yard games (one of those was the clemson game were he got almost all of it off 1 run) compared to 3 out of the first 4. we were 3-1 in our first 4 games and 2-5 in our last 7.

I totally agree. One thing that has confused me is the number of long passes that were thrown this year when compared to short and mid-range. Maybe my memory is failing me but I don’t recall this many deep passes in the CPJ era. Why didn’t we throw more across the middle? Screens? Out routes? Can TaQuon see over the linemen? Are there throwing lanes or is that even a thing in this offense? Even when we were successful, the passing game looked odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I totally agree. One thing that has confused me is the number of long passes that were thrown this year when compared to short and mid-range. Maybe my memory is failing me but I don’t recall this many deep passes in the CPJ era. Why didn’t we throw more across the middle? Screens? Out routes? Can TaQuon see over the linemen? Are there throwing lanes or is that even a thing in this offense? Even when we were successful, the passing game looked odd.

CPJ addressed that to some degree in one of the radio shows. I can't remember which game, but there were several third and short situations where long passes were made. He said that in those plays(and I assume in many of the situations) the receivers are running option routes. If the DB is playing 8 yards deep, it is a quick pass. If the DB presses, the receiver goes out and either goes deep or turns for back shoulder depending on how the DB plays him. I think in many of the situations you are describing, they didn't specifically call deep routes, that is just what the defense was allowing.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
CPJ addressed that to some degree in one of the radio shows. I can't remember which game, but there were several third and short situations where long passes were made. He said that in those plays(and I assume in many of the situations) the receivers are running option routes. If the DB is playing 8 yards deep, it is a quick pass. If the DB presses, the receiver goes out and either goes deep or turns for back shoulder depending on how the DB plays him. I think in many of the situations you are describing, they didn't specifically call deep routes, that is just what the defense was allowing.

Thanks RonJohn.

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
Think it's 1mil a year so 3mil currently.

He's not gonna be fired you might as well stop wasting thought.
Wasn’t asking because of the firing thought, was just wondering. I know he’s not going anywhere. He will retire as our head coach unless he leaves on his own will to purse another job. Maybe back at Heorgia Southern or somewhere. Could win multiple conference championships with them