CPJ needs to be fired

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Kliff Kingsbury of Texas Tech could be available very soon and he runs the same exciting offense that is run at Washington State.
I would 100% take Kingsbury as an OC but I'm not sure I would take him as a HC. Dude can coach up an offense but his teams at Texas Tech have mostly been considered a disappointment as a whole. I mean if you thought our defense had struggles look at some of his.

Deleted member 2897

I'm embarrassed

I'm frustrated. I'll never be embarrassed.

I sat through terrible games at Clemson in the rain the last few years that were of near zero entertainment value. I'll never be embarrassed.

We spend near the bottom of the conference on our football program. We have what - less than 20 total on staff while teams like Clemson have about 50? Georgia's athletic programs spent $40 million more than us (most of that is football). EVERY YEAR. YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Only 3 teams out of 14 in the ACC won 9 games this year. That's the top 20%. While it would be nice to get there, and we should always strive for it, to expect or demand it is just crazy talk if you ask me. We were a couple bounces away from only having 4 losses. We went 11-3 in 2014 and 9-4 in 2016. Losing only 4 games is amazing.

In the last 50 years, Georgia Tech has only finished ranked in the Top 15 5 times, and CPJ has 2 of those 5. ACC Champions, multiple time ACC Coastal Champions, 2 Orange Bowl appearances. We are punching way above our weight if you ask me.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I would 100% take Kingsbury as an OC but I'm not sure I would take him as a HC. Dude can coach up an offense but his teams at Texas Tech have mostly been considered a disappointment as a whole. I mean if you thought our defense had struggles look at some of his.

No thanks on either HC or OC for Kingsbury.

I'm surprised no one has gone after Joe Morehead of Penn State. I wrote about him about a month ago. He's PSU's OC, and man that offense is beautiful to watch. He probably saved James Franklin's job TBH. Justin Fields, the nations #1 dual threat QB (and from GA), was committed there early in the year before he realized he wanted to play closer to home. He has had success at every stop, and is great at making the most of what he has. Was a head coach at Fordham where he took a doormat program and turned them into a perennial playoff team. Left there to become an OC at several schools. Widely considered one of the top offensive minds in on all levels of football.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer

I'm surprised no one has gone after Joe Morehead of Penn State. I wrote about him about a month ago. He's PSU's OC, and man that offense is beautiful to watch. He probably saved James Franklin's job TBH. Justin Fields, the nations #1 dual threat QB (and from GA), was committed there early in the year before he realized he wanted to play closer to home. He has had success at every stop, and is great at making the most of what he has. Was a head coach at Fordham where he took a doormat program and turned them into a perennial playoff team. Left there to become an OC at several schools. Widely considered one of the top offensive minds in on all levels of football.
Why not OC? he's actually actually has a pretty good record of putting QBs in the league. I think Dan Mullen/Meyer combo might be the only ones to put more into the NFL in recent times. Plus he's a Ryan Gosling clone so all the moms would love to send their sons to play for him. Perfect recruiting tool.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Why not OC? he's actually actually has a pretty good record of putting QBs in the league. I think Dan Mullen/Meyer combo might be the only ones to put more into the NFL in recent times. Plus he's a Ryan Gosling clone so all the moms would love to send their sons to play for him. Perfect recruiting tool.

LOL...he'll definitely bring new female fans to GT. Just read about how he treats his players. There's a reason why multiple QBs left his program...one of which is the Heisman frontrunner at OU, and the other the ended up at Cal and was drafted by the Giants. GT doesn't need those kinds of guys in our program.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Not buying it and I hope it isn't true. We don't really need a Jimmy Haslem or Bobby Lowder runnin/ dictating our program. This donor should invest in a pro sports team if he wants that much control. If he's willing to give to GTAA, just do it and don't dictate. I can understand the hesitation though given that the GTAA's been a ****show for nearly 20 years now.

I agree, but it would sure be nice to have our own Boone Pickens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
LOL...he'll definitely bring new female fans to GT. Just read about how he treats his players. There's a reason why multiple QBs left his program...one of which is the Heisman frontrunner at OU, and the other the ended up at Cal and was drafted by the Giants. GT doesn't need those kinds of guys in our program.
true. that's definitely an important thing to consider

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Tough places to coach, not in any particular order, due to circumstances Beyond the Coaches Control.
Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Maryland and Kentucky. There are others of course.

They were different times, of course, but Bobby Ross made two of those into winners. The right coach always makes a difference, no matter the “circumstances”.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE="GTJake, post: 372589, member: 1691"
It might not be ALL on the coach or ALL on the players, but again IMO something is missing in the lockeroom.[/QUOTE]

5 -stars.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Anyone telling you we’re just a coach or a locker room or a new DC away from being a heavyweight probably has oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you.

Actually, the general sentiment on this board seems to be that we will never be a heavyweight.

BootsCostMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
For those of you who want Johnson gone, be careful what you wish for. It can be closer than you think.

I work and live down here in Statesboro and before they jumped the gun and offered the HC position at Southern to Chad Lunsford today, Johnson himself was on the list to be interviewed this week along with several others (Bohannon, Mike Houston, Tee Martin, etc.) And it was not just wishful thinking on the Eagles’ part, but he had a legitimate interview scheduled. You better be careful or we’re all gonna find out how bad GT can REALLY be.

Hopefully, it was just a ploy to show GT that he means business.

Take all this for what it’s worth... you don’t have to believe me, but that’s your prerogative.

BootsCostMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
And let me add to all this that I’m a firm believer that him coming back would be laughable. It would be going backwards for him and below him at this point in his career. But I do believe in the validity of him being fed up and burned out from coaching at GT if some things don’t start changing real soon in terms of institutional support.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
For those of you who want Johnson gone, be careful what you wish for. It can be closer than you think.

I work and live down here in Statesboro and before they jumped the gun and offered the HC position at Southern to Chad Lunsford today, Johnson himself was on the list to be interviewed this week along with several others (Bohannon, Mike Houston, Tee Martin, etc.) And it was not just wishful thinking on the Eagles’ part, but he had a legitimate interview scheduled. You better be careful or we’re all gonna find out how bad GT can REALLY be.

Take all this for what it’s worth... you don’t have to believe me, but that’s your prerogative.
No way Southern offered the job to anyone if CPJ was willing to come in for an interview.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

My sister-in-law is a Southern grad & she said the word around the blogisphere is they would LOVE to have CPJ back.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

Tennessee should talk to Joe Morehead he's the real deal. He would be great on the GT sidelines also:cool: