CPJ needs to be fired

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Not gonna happen where is money to afford his buyout...we are stuck unless he resigns or turns over his entire staff

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Tstan is getting us more money

1 mill per year left on his contract? Thats pretty hefty and who would you like to replace CPJ that can do better knowing the limitations the school has in place? We are all frustrated, but like I said we are sortta stuck in this mediocre spot until the entire thing is fixed. Ive lost faith in CPJ even though Ive been a fan for years, but repacing him is only a bandaid to the other issues

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
We're not going to get anybody better, but we can demand more out of him.

I get that we're understaffed, but the man doesn't exactly exude a personality that makes recruits want to play for him. He needs to make coaching changes at the o line and on defense and bring some excitement to tech. Damn, look at Dabo. He at least looks like he wants to coach football. Paul always sounds pissed off and so downtrodden. I've never seen a more frumpy group of coaches in my life than those at tech.

The CPJ train is fun when he's winning, but he needs to learn how to sell GT instead of publicly ****ting on it.

jacob

Banned
We're not going to get anybody better, but we can demand more out of him.

I get that we're understaffed, but the man doesn't exactly exude a personality that makes recruits want to play for him. He needs to make coaching changes at the o line and on defense and bring some excitement to tech. Damn, look at Dabo. He at least looks like he wants to coach football. Paul always sounds pissed off and so downtrodden. I've never seen a more frumpy group of coaches in my life than those at tech.

The CPJ train is fun when he's winning, but he needs to learn how to sell GT instead of publicly ****ting on it.
Oh really ? So this is the pinnacle? Woooooooowwww

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Jacob, were just as frustrated as you and I agree changes need to be made. But you also have to realize there are other issues than CPJ. Dropping what 3 million to replace him or what ever it is, is not going to magically fix things. Look at the history of GT football, this is on par for us and look around at the rest of the schools like Clemson / Miami/ VT they are all much better now because of the schools willingness to do what it takes from coaching to funding to academics.

Bringing in a new coach with instant crutches is not going to fix things

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Oh really ? So this is the pinnacle? Woooooooowwww
Look at the programs at our level... Sure, I may be mistaken... And there could be someone better out there, but the risk us huge. I'd rather go with the guy I know can coach and provide him with more resources than the one who may run tech into the ground.

Tell me, who do you think tech should hire if we fired Paul this year?

Edit: spelling