CPJ & Nebraska

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It would take him 6 + years to bring Nebraska back. People think we're a plug and play offense but we aren't. Quarterback, lineman and a-backs all have to soak at the positions. Now there are rare cases but for the most part we will always be unstoppable on O with RS Juniors at those positions.
I find it interesting it would take 6 years to bring NEB back, but after 4 years here, people felt like CPJ had had enough time to recruit his own guys so........

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
;););););) Amarillo,Texas has that and i'd rather live in Amarillo:LOL:

My uncle was career Air Force and lived all over (Alaska to San Antonio and NY to Calif). He once told me the 3 years in Lincoln was his worst assignment, and he retired in San Antonio. He was raised in Birmingham and lived off and on in Atlanta. His second choice to live was Alaska but not when you are older.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
UGAG thinks they were elite from 1980-1983:vomit:
Being truly elite is not the same as being a factory. UGA is a football factory as is LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Clemson, Auburn, and several others. Elite? Well, there is Alabama, maybe USCw, Oklahoma, Ohio State? In the old days, there were true dynasties like Oklahoma and the Seven Dwarves in the 1950s and 60s, Alabama in the 1960s and 70s, USC in the 1960s and 70s. Those days are mercifully long gone. A team might be the media darling for a while and then just as quickly plummet back to earth.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I find it interesting it would take 6 years to bring NEB back, but after 4 years here, people felt like CPJ had had enough time to recruit his own guys so........

I disagree with those guys lol. Nebraska isn't Nebraska of the 90s and coach really had the benefit of having one of the best backs and WRs in the history of Tech football. Imagine our record if Calvin Booker is the qb instead of Josh Nesbitt. You saw the drop off after they left not to mention the lack of depth at key positions.