CPJ & Nebraska

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Interesting development. Nebraska just fired their AD due to their disappointment in how the football program has progressed under his hire of Mike Riley. Which means, barring a run for the B1G championship, Mike Riley isn't long for Lincoln. Which also means, let the speculation for Riley's replacement is already beginning.

Guess who's being mentioned? CPJ. Obvious tie in is CPJ's offense, and how the option game worked well there with Osborne. There's no doubt in my mind CPJ would make Nebraska a 9+ win team every year. Bigger budget, easier to get recruits into school than GT.

However, CPJ is 60 years old, and he's got the most talented roster he's ever had at GT...and the young talent is probably more talented than most Jr's and Sr's. Defensive talent has gotten better. Recruiting is on the upswing. CPJ also has an AD he likes now in Stansbury, who's also working his way down CPJ's checklist of things he needs to help the program get to the next level.

CPJ to Nebraska talk will be out there.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
They're probably going to try and get Les Miles in to try and right the ship for a few years. His kid goes there and he's a Midwestern guy. I think a big name program needs a guy who can right the ship for a few years before going after the next hot young coach. I could see him taking a retirement gig for 4-5 years and getting them back to being respectable.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I think they go after Scott Frost though they should see if CPJ would come.

I think CPJ likes it at Tech honestly. I don't see him leaving.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Frost is a mistake. Not only is this only his second year as a HC, I really don't see a team like Nebraska being successful with the HUNH Oregon-spread offense. They should play to their reginal strengths and be a down hill running team in my opinion.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Scrapping everything you've worked for and starting over at 60+ years age is just not going to happen. Maybe if CPJ hated the AD and was looking for a way out but he has not shown any interest in wanting to leave at this point.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I've seen the Nebraska fans saying they're just going to get Chip Kelly even though Kelly said he doesn't want to come back to college football

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Don't know if Chip could win with his type of offense at Nebraska. The Mad Hatter would be my first choice. Ken N. second. Monken third. MissSt's coach fourth.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
CPJ is a TECH man now. Plus, he is a southerner.

He also coached at Hawaii, and at Navy...twice.

I think they'd have to throw GOBS of money at him, and give him a giant assistant coaches budget...as well as a big recruiting budget and whatever he wanted.

IMO, he's on the list, but not high on the list. CPJ going to Nebraska isn't likely, but you never know...

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
The only reason for mentioning CPJ is Nebraska's ties to triple option and the national championships they won with it under Osborne (with Scott Frost). CPJ ain't going no where. He's a southern boy at heart (GSU, Tech), likes the Tech culture which is similar to Navy which he loved, and things are going on an upswing in terms of recruiting, national acceptance, the public, and fans don't cry for his head anymore or talk about hot seat. And Stansbury's been a plus. Plus, who'd leave Atlanta for Lincoln? He'll retire at Tech.

If they really want TO, then they can poach the service academies. Monken? Don't see Niumatalalolalolo leaving.