CPJ & Nebraska

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
PJ has stated that he likes coaching at Tech, and at this point hes definitely on the last leg of his coaching career. The only way he's leaving is by retirement.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The great thing about Coach is he can coach as long as he wants because the game will never pass him by like it did Bobby Bowden and Frank Beamer. His offense is such a relic already and it still works and works well.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
My guess is they will target Monken to take him from Army. The turn around he has done with army is incredible.
I honestly don't think Monken is a big enough name for Nebraska fans. What they should try to do if they're smart is hire a young, up & coming defensive head coach (to appease the fans thirst for a big name) and bring in someone like Bryan Cook to run the offense.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I honestly don't think Monken is a big enough name for Nebraska fans. What they should try to do if they're smart is hire a young, up & coming defensive head coach (to appease the fans thirst for a big name) and bring in someone like Bryan Cook to run the offense.
(ivin jasper)

I keep telling folks. Jasper is the real successor to Johnson. He's the innovator at Navy, the play caller, the guy with the feel, and has been for some time. Don't get me wrong, Coach N knows what he's doing, but in terms of pure offensive coordinator, Jasper is the guy.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
(ivin jasper)

I keep telling folks. Jasper is the real successor to Johnson. He's the innovator at Navy, the play caller, the guy with the feel, and has been for some time. Don't get me wrong, Coach N knows what he's doing, but in terms of pure offensive coordinator, Jasper is the guy.
Man you know I'm already a Jasper convert.

I think Butch will be around until 2020 but if he's fired I think UT will go after Chip Kelly big time
Jones' buy out is like six or eight million, plus the assistants are at about $5 million total, plus the new coach would be as expensive. Tennessee's AD is fairly new. Those are pretty big checks to write. I think you are right, unless Butch goes completely haywire, he has a job for a couple more years. We should have never lost that game.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Notre Dame is #1 in that category and Tennessee is in the Top 5
Once upon a time Tennessee was definitely Top 5 but pretty much everyone expects them to lose to anyone not named Kentucky, Missouri, or from an FCS school now. They pretty much strive for 8-9 wins a year about as much as we do.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
It is a win-win for both teams. Paul has our program in a good place right now so anyone we hire will be a sorta big-name guy. Nebraska is in the :poop: hole right now and CPJ would do wonders for them. I've been begging for years for us to give Brent Venables a shot at the HC position. I love Paul and hope we can keep him but I wouldn't mind getting a guy in here that can turn us into a Top 25 program. Roof has shown that 4 Stars can and will play for Tech, I'd like to see us get some 4 Star guys on offense.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It is a win-win for both teams. Paul has our program in a good place right now so anyone we hire will be a sorta big-name guy. Nebraska is in the :poop: hole right now and CPJ would do wonders for them. I've been begging for years for us to give Brent Venables a shot at the HC position. I love Paul and hope we can keep him but I wouldn't mind getting a guy in here that can turn us into a Top 25 program. Roof has shown that 4 Stars can and will play for Tech, I'd like to see us get some 4 Star guys on offense.
Everybody it seems holds Venables in esteem as an outstanding DC, maybe the best in the country. but nobody around the Clemson program, although they like him immensely, think he is HC material. And a couple are genuinely concerned that he may "stroke out" on the sideline. That along with the anti-defensive HC bias will keep him as DC somewhere. Dabo, meanwhile, is making sure it will take a HC's salary to get him, and his son has been recruited as a LB at Clemson. On the other hand, he helps keeps the strength coach employed on Saturday sidelines.