Ball State game.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Do you want to set the program back another year?

Keeping Pastner wouldn't really be setting the program back. We're at a similar point as when we had Gregory. You make the change only if the roster is going to get significantly worse by not making the change. With Gregory that was an obvious thing looking at what we were losing vs what we were bringing in. With Pastner, at least in the immediate future, the roster is likely improving with next years class.

Right now there are only two good reasons to get rid of Pastner. The first is you have a great hire already lined up. If that's the case then make the move 100%. If not, the only reason to fire Pastner and go thrift store shopping for a coach is if you think there is no way he can bring in a quality 2021 class and so the roster is destined to just tank if we keep him. If we think that then sure, make the move, but otherwise you're just locking yourself into a probable bad hire for 4 years with no real reason to think it will help the program. At least with keeping Pastner you remain flexible to take advantage of possibly the right fit coming available at the right time.

Generally a HC would throw his assistant(s) under the bus and revamp his staff when the product on the court/field is this bad. Unfortunately I can't imagine any ACC level assistant joining this staff in the offseason as CJP is likely going to be perceived as dead man walking.

I'm not so sure. It would be a big opportunity to significantly elevate your stock. If an assistant came in and immediately made us competent on offense then they would be seen as a great commodity and likely have a quick turn around to a head coaching job. However if they don't immediately turn it around, and Pastner is fired, then the assistant is likely viewed as just collateral damage and likely isn't hurt much. Basically I doubt Nate Woody is seen much worse because his one year here wasn't good and then he was let go when Collins came in. In any case, I think this is the thing you have to try to make an impact if you do stick with Pastner.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
You would have to find an assistant with a real risk taker streak. Or convince TS to seriously over pay him.
And we sure didn't seem to be prepared to overpay last time we went after assistants :rolleyes:

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
That post game pressor started good but degenerated into the same buzzwords after every question. Not that I expect him to explain everything, hearing the same buzzwords/cliches time and time again doesn't fill one with a lot of confidence. To be clear he was right about selfish and lethargic - but the open man is the go to man loses its effectiveness the 15th time it is used.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
That post game pressor started good but degenerated into the same buzzwords after every question. Not that I expect him to explain everything, hearing the same buzzwords/cliches time and time again doesn't fill one with a lot of confidence. To be clear he was right about selfish and lethargic - but the open man is the go to man loses its effectiveness the 15th time it is used.

If I hear "my shot my shot my shot" one more time...

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think anyone cares about us enough to make us a laughing stock.

The Turnovers and general offense suckyness was the headliner tonight but we sucked at any level you want to look at. We were outrebounded and they had more steals than we did - effort. We gave up 50% shooting - terrible defense.

I'll give Usher a pass for tonight. He came out way amped up and never got into the game. The others played as bad as they did against SYR.

The offensive scheme and the pace we play the scheme at is incredibly bad. The coaching on that side of the ball has to improve or CJP will get run out. we have some talent but it isn't space and 3 type of talent. We need to help them and we are not doing it. They also need to not become black holes with the ball and make sure it moves instead of sticks.

All around hard to watch game. The kind that will make sure there are not any butts in the seats next time we play. Was hoping for better tonight.

Next time? It’s empty in there already.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I have sent my email to the AD and will continue sending emails until I get a response. I will copy and paste my email here in anyone is interested, but I implore you all to blow up the AD's email as I have...

Tstan may be as dumb as Pastner. You wouldn’t think it’s possible since tstan is a tech man , but Pastner did graduate from az in 3 years.

bos

Helluva Engineer
This is equivalent to football team losing to Furman this year. It's embarrassing more than anything, especially coming off the Syracuse game. The start of the year was promising, but can't watch much more of this. I thought Pastner told us this was a tournament team.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Did he respond
He appreciated my interest, support of the program. Basically said he doesn’t like getting embarrassed either at home.
He didn’t tip his hand, and I didn’t expect him to do it. Just wanted to plant a tiny seed in his expansive garden that isn’t growing the program.

I did compliment him on Nell Fortner, and asked if he could send out a search party for the male version?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
He appreciated my interest, support of the program. Basically said he doesn’t like getting embarrassed either at home.
He didn’t tip his hand, and I didn’t expect him to do it. Just wanted to plant a tiny seed in his expansive garden that isn’t growing the program.

I did compliment him on Nell Fortner, and asked if he could send out a search party for the male version?
I basically said the same thing, that I know he loves GT and I can see his overall vision for the athletics department and my family has contributed to GT for 4 decades, but I told him also that I will not support this basketball program with my money anymore until I see a change has been made. I didnt curse, or threaten but I was very direct