Ball State game.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
I know the NCAA did not name Josh in the NOA, but he was the head coach when two of his players took flight for a weekend in Arizona on the dime of one of Pastner's pals. He was the head coach when when one of his assistants took a recruit to a strip club with money from a former player. He needs to be held accountable for not doing what a head couch should do: being responsible for the things that can affect the quality of the team he leads.

We've talked about both incidents ad nauseum here but CJP did suspend the players and assistant coach when he found out about both incidents. Everyone seems to forget about due process. Regardless of the evidence you might have and what you think about the people involved, everyone is entitled to it.

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve seen discussion that we can’t fire Pastner because of money, and also that it’s not just firing Pastner but getting a quality replacement.
First, I’m not saying the solution is firing assistant coaches, I’m replying to a post about that.
Second, if the issue was just funding replacing Pastner, that’s one situation. We’re not blowing the doors off our competition in how we pay assistants or the support staff we have.
If the thought is “surround him with talented assistants and he’ll be fine”, that costs $$$ too.

We don’t have the legal department to make Bruce Pearl an option here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I like Josh and I want him to be successful at Tech. Since we can’t afford to fire him anyway, I wish Todd could go to him and offer him reasonable money to go out and hire two new assistants at the end of the year, money no object within reason. I miss LaBarrie and Hardy, and I think Josh does too.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
I like Josh and I want him to be successful at Tech. Since we can’t afford to fire him anyway, I wish Todd could go to him and offer him reasonable money to go out and hire two new assistants at the end of the year, money no object within reason. I miss LaBarrie and Hardy, and I think Josh does too.

No one forced him to make two straight bad assistant hires. At some point, the excuses have to stop.