Ball State game.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
That aged well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would call it perfect analysis. If I knew Coach Corny would abandon what we have done well on offense to this point and double down on what we have done poorly I would have added "but instead of avoiding turnovers we will go to a perimeter-oriented 4 out offense despite being horrible at that."

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm usually pretty optimistic, even when we lose. But we looked like a high school team tonight. And it wasn't just a few players...it was a group effort. Very difficult to watch. I at least thought we would return to normalcy in the second half and maybe catch up. But it actually got worse. Not looking forward to the Diamond Head tourney. Even playing Alvarado wouldn't have helped that much tonight. Syracuse game may not have been an anomaly as Pastner called it.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We played slow and deliberate on offense without any quickness. Very easy to guard. We got caught over playing in man too many times and they had open 3s which they hit.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We’re the laughingstock of college basketball right now
If we had Alvarado tonight, it would have been a 2 point win. He’s worth 20 in assists and points.

Not! Coach Curly would find away to gift the game away on behalf of the Holiday Season.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't think anyone cares about us enough to make us a laughing stock.

The Turnovers and general offense suckyness was the headliner tonight but we sucked at any level you want to look at. We were outrebounded and they had more steals than we did - effort. We gave up 50% shooting - terrible defense.

I'll give Usher a pass for tonight. He came out way amped up and never got into the game. The others played as bad as they did against SYR.

The offensive scheme and the pace we play the scheme at is incredibly bad. The coaching on that side of the ball has to improve or CJP will get run out. we have some talent but it isn't space and 3 type of talent. We need to help them and we are not doing it. They also need to not become black holes with the ball and make sure it moves instead of sticks.

All around hard to watch game. The kind that will make sure there are not any butts in the seats next time we play. Was hoping for better tonight.

slugboy

Staff member
Our turnover % was 33.8% tonight. Not good.

Equally concerning, we averaged .662 pts/possession tonight. Apply that to our 24 possessions that ended in turnovers, and we still lose by 2.

It’s stunning. No one had a good game. Just by dumb luck, you’d expect one decent performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Takes a special level to lose to Ohio, Wright State, Ball State, Grambling and G-Webb. We still play Morehouse later in the season...lol

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If this were a business TSTAN would bring in consultants to evaluate the coaching and game performances. Not sure what happens at this level of college coach evaluations other than asking alums to pay for buyouts for poor performance.

I fan 45

Georgia Tech Fan
Team looks atrocious, they look lifeless and unprepared most of the time. The coaching is to blame for that. How can anyone outside of Pastner's immediate family defend this?

How can you not get a migraine watching this, meanwhile it looks like Nell Fortner has the women's team playing well. I would love to have her possibly take over the mens. Let Pastner do whatever he wants as long as it's not within the vicinity of the Atlanta.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Pastner is starting to lose this team. Banks had statistically his best game in a while but something still seems wrong with him. Defensively he just didn't look very interested and offensively he looked like he was frustrated most of the time. He just hasn't seemed the same since whatever caused him to lose his starting spot for those couple of games. Beyond that though the team was just disjointed on both ends. The defensive rotations were off and offensively most of the game was various versions of guys trying to play hero ball. I will say despite playing bad, I thought Devoe did try to force the issue more than he has in games past which is what I was calling for. But he's the only one that should and instead the whole team was. It looked like nobody trusted anyone else to make a play and that is a very dangerous mentality. Getting Jose could make a difference in team attitude due to his attitude more so than skill, but at this point the team is in a very dangerous place.

Doubt we'll have the funds to make a quality coaching hire so Pastner probably will have another year to try and save his job but it's looking more and more like a longshot. Ironically, Pastner's best chance of saving his skin at this point probably relies on him doing what was seen as his possible strength, and that is recruiting a big 2021 class.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
If this were a business TSTAN would bring in consultants to evaluate the coaching and game performances. Not sure what happens at this level of college coach evaluations other than asking alums to pay for buyouts for poor performance.

Generally a HC would throw his assistant(s) under the bus and revamp his staff when the product on the court/field is this bad. Unfortunately I can't imagine any ACC level assistant joining this staff in the offseason as CJP is likely going to be perceived as dead man walking.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Generally a HC would throw his assistant(s) under the bus and revamp his staff when the product on the court/field is this bad. Unfortunately I can't imagine any ACC level assistant joining this staff in the offseason as CJP is likely going to be perceived as dead man walking.
I agree that he will not be able to hire good assistants at this point since his future does not look promising here. Reveno has done a good job with some of the bigs but not sure if the other assistants are making a difference.