3 UCLA players arrested by Chinese Police

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, them getting bail at all is probably a good sign that the Chinese are preparing for US Diplomats to negotiate to allow them to go home (... never to return again, bwahahhahaa).

Deportation is probably the most likely outcome.
Or prison.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Funny comment (at least to me) - when GT's scheduled practice was delayed the team broke out into an unscheduled study hall to keep up with things back in Atlanta.

Oh, now I get it. I thought perhaps "study hall" was the Chinese police force's code for "water torture."

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Like it or not, I think the one line in this report that is most likely to be true long term about GT is this
"Going off what's in Parrish's story, Pastner's going to keep his job -- but his reputation has been altered from what it was, say, 24 hours before that news coming to light. Undeniably. "

I really worry about how it will impact recruiting. I wonder if even the 2018 commitments will have second thoughts about signing LOIs?

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Lavar: LiAngelo was my least favorite son anyhow. Worst chance of my 3 boys to make the NBA. I got 2 other sons...good luck LiAngelo, I'm putting my a$$ in first class and heading home...

LOLOLOL...poor Gelo. Pretty much what I was joking about. In case Gelo wanted to know where he stood in the Big Baller pecking order.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
So who picks up the bill for 20 days at the Hyatt? Can I make the case it is an impermissible benefit for UCLA or the Pac 10 to pick up 20 days in a hotel due to their stupidity (not student or athletic related)?
rottentomato.gif

Not that I wish ill on anything to do with Big Ballers Brand or anything like that.
biggrin.gif

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
So who picks up the bill for 20 days at the Hyatt? Can I make the case it is an impermissible benefit for UCLA or the Pac 10 to pick up 20 days in a hotel due to their stupidity (not student or athletic related)?
rottentomato.gif

Not that I wish ill on anything to do with Big Ballers Brand or anything like that.
biggrin.gif

I'm sure Lavar and BBB will be glad to fork over the money

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Also, the story floating around is that Jalen Hill stole a pair of sunglasses and the other 2 had no idea their teammate was a klepto. If true, that'd be 20 days of butt-whuppins for Mr. Hill. I'm sure the Chinese authorities would approve.

Seriously though, I imagine Hill will likely end up off the team.