3 UCLA players arrested by Chinese Police

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I actually agree.
This is his best idea

That's big of you, Peac.

I might stop trolling you on your Ball hatred .... right after this ...

200w.gif

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
With the current state of the UNCAA, this is a superb idea if he/they can pull it off.

Even the staunchest BigBall supporter @Peacone36 has to admit that.
If they can pull it off is a huge leap. Money for a league comes through endorsements and endorsement money comes because of outreach which occurs because of fan support. Building a fan base for a league with the premise of playing in NBA arenas makes it really hard to get new fans. With no fans, there won't be much of a tv product so ad revenue goes way down. I assume there will be some stipulation where kids who do go to the NBA will have to pay the league back in some way which might make the NBA wary of touching these players. All in all, I think it could last a few years with some seed funding. Just long enough to ruin the lives of a few legit NBA guys. Lavar seems to be really good at leading young men into bad situations so it's par for the course.

I'm all for fighting the system, but not with Lavar

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
If they can pull it off is a huge leap. Money for a league comes through endorsements and endorsement money comes because of outreach which occurs because of fan support. Building a fan base for a league with the premise of playing in NBA arenas makes it really hard to get new fans. With no fans, there won't be much of a tv product so ad revenue goes way down. I assume there will be some stipulation where kids who do go to the NBA will have to pay the league back in some way which might make the NBA wary of touching these players. All in all, I think it could last a few years with some seed funding. Just long enough to ruin the lives of a few legit NBA guys. Lavar seems to be really good at leading young men into bad situations so it's par for the course.

I'm all for fighting the system, but not with Lavar

Possibly the only entity that currently ranks below Lavar Ball on the “**** I can’t stand” list is the NCAA. They need to take one high and tight Wake the **** up.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is direct competition to G League. I have a sneaking suspicion the NBA isn’t going to give access to nba arenas. Nor do I think they are practical for the 500 folks who are going to show up.

I don’t think this is real as no sponsors were announced and to me it is more BBBrand BS

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Possibly the only entity that currently ranks below Lavar Ball on the “**** I can’t stand” list is the NCAA. They need to take one high and tight Wake the **** up.
Completely agree, I just don't think fighting evil (the NCAA) with a loud and inept tool (Lavar) is going to be a successful fight. All the NBA needs to do to completely invalidate this league is make a decision that to join the NBA draft you must be 18 years old. That's shaky ground to found a league on at best. This might put a few dollars in Lavar's pocket, but it won't work out well for 80 kids

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If I had the interest and money to invest in this type of venture, this would not be the one. The NBA could pull the flimsy rug out from under this by amending the CBA to allow high school grads to enter the draft. The European leagues could do the same by allowing more American kids to play over there. Also, ESPN could doom the venture by simply ignoring them.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
This is direct competition to G League. I have a sneaking suspicion the NBA isn’t going to give access to nba arenas. Nor do I think they are practical for the 500 folks who are going to show up.

I don’t think this is real as no sponsors were announced and to me it is more BBBrand BS
The rumors are is that this is the intent of the G League as soon as there is a direct affiliate for each pro team. That is when Silver is targeting changing the one and done rule.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Completely agree, I just don't think fighting evil (the NCAA) with a loud and inept tool (Lavar) is going to be a successful fight. All the NBA needs to do to completely invalidate this league is make a decision that to join the NBA draft you must be 18 years old. That's shaky ground to found a league on at best. This might put a few dollars in Lavar's pocket, but it won't work out well for 80 kids

Agreed.