3 UCLA players arrested by Chinese Police

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Allegedly, Trump told the Chinese Government he will arrange for Lavar Ball to hit up every daytime Chinese talk show unless they are released.

On the one hand, I like the fact that he's stepping in to help the situation along. I don't want to see these dudes lives totally disrupted. Pay some form of restitution, allow the US to punish them here .. do something.

However, there are actually other Americans currently incarcerated in China and who are caught up in their legal system, potentially unjustly, who are being ignored simply because they're not high profile. Is it ok for them to be left over there in limbo?

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if those three wil lbe bad mouthing or defending Trump in the future. Helped keep them from spending some time learning how to make stuff in China. (jail)
Yeah, it will be interesting to see what they have to say about "the big bad wolf" stepping in and saving their future lol

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if those three wil lbe bad mouthing or defending Trump in the future. Helped keep them from spending some time learning how to make stuff in China. (jail)

They would probably have learned how to make iPhones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bos

Helluva Engineer
These guys got off pretty easy. If it was me, I'd be locked up in a cell and forgotten about. If you can shoot a basketball or your dad's rich, I guess it's ok to steal. Why is the president involved? Not saying they should have received a lengthy prison sentence, because the crime really really wasn't too serious, but you do the crime, you suffer the consequences no matter who you are.