2020 Baseball Preseason

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I confirmed that on Sling I can record ACCNetwork. But I can't DVR ACCExtra either live or replay. Sucks since most games will be on ACCExtra.

Can others record ACCExtra?
I cannot record ACCNExtra. I view it through the ESPN App live or "replay".

I would think your Sling subscription that gives you ACCN programming will allow you same access as I have... but the only way I know to view it is thru ESPN App.

First time on ESPN App you'll be asked to select your "provider" & provide your login credentials (to Sling in your case).

You can check this now. Go to ESPN App & look for ACCNExtra content... see if it works.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@GTNavyNuke The Morehouse v Ga Tech basketball game is available on replay now on ACCNExtra via ESPN App.

I think another option is watchespn.com ...same as ESPN app, but thru your web browser.

https://help.sling.com/en/support/s...e-sling-tv-as-authentication-for-another-app-

Now I'm just harassing you... sorry.

You need to learn how to harass better.

Bottom line is I want to be able to record without watching the game. I'll try those other sites when I get the time and seem to remember I tried WatchESPN with no good results. Or I can get a new faster video card / computer and do OBS screen recording. But game has to be on the device to record it. One other important aspect is that you can't fast forward in replays on ACCNExtra.

Worst case, I'll have to watch more ;)

Back to the preseason. 2-1/2 weeks to go.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
UVA will offer alcohol (beer & wine) to fans this season. Limits on how much you can purchase & area of consumption (right field "porch")... but this is a good revenue move. Odds are I'll partake when/if I get to the UVA/GT series in May. I have not made it back to Russ Chandler since getting out many years ago. Any facility that doesn't do this is missing an opportunity at revenue. When will Ga Tech finally make this move?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
UVA will offer alcohol (beer & wine) to fans this season. Limits on how much you can purchase & area of consumption (right field "porch")... but this is a good revenue move. Odds are I'll partake when/if I get to the UVA/GT series in May. I have not made it back to Russ Chandler since getting out many years ago. Any facility that doesn't do this is missing an opportunity at revenue. When will Ga Tech finally make this move?

I’ve actually heard that CDH has been trying to work on this for a while. It has more to do with state laws and Institute policies than it does CDH. I’ve also heard he’s wanted a student section for some time, since the trees behind right field grew too large for the frats to watch the games from the street. They’ve looked at adding a bleacher area beyond the right field wall as general admission for students where they could bring their own alcohol (kinda like Ole Miss), but there’s an access road to the track and football practice facilities that runs back there. Louisville has a pretty sweet setup in field, and VT added a beer garden in their newest renovations. Hopefully GT can get on board.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I’ve actually heard that CDH has been trying to work on this for a while. It has more to do with state laws and Institute policies than it does CDH. I’ve also heard he’s wanted a student section for some time, since the trees behind right field grew too large for the frats to watch the games from the street. They’ve looked at adding a bleacher area beyond the right field wall as general admission for students where they could bring their own alcohol (kinda like Ole Miss), but there’s an access road to the track and football practice facilities that runs back there. Louisville has a pretty sweet setup in field, and VT added a beer garden in their newest renovations. Hopefully GT can get on board.
I was in Blacksburg last year. Beer is sold at concessions with no restrictions on where you drink it. It was nice.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Reno at the Rusty C.
https://www.atfund.gatech.edu/russ-chandler-stadium-renovation-phase-ii
Last pitch of 2020 season they start renovation. To open for 2021 season I think.
Also thought they were doing something with the trees so the Frat Houses could watch....
The pitching/video lab is going to be LEGIT!
upload_2020-1-30_15-40-2.png

upload_2020-1-30_15-41-54.png

Russ Chandler Stadium Renovation Phase II
THE VISION
Phase II renovations for Russ Chandler Stadium are driven by our vision for Georgia Tech baseball: to enhance player development, to improve the fan experience, and to celebrate Tech's rich baseball history.

The concourse level will feature an atrium that also functions as a Georgia Tech Baseball Hall of Fame. It will be the first thing fans see when they enter the stadium - an iconic point of entry - intended to serve as both a welcome and a celebration. The atrium is also designed to convert into a 40-seat teaching auditorium on non-game days.

Other features in the planned upgrade include a new outdoor plaza; a new high-tech scoreboard; all-new, expanded restroom facilities and concessions (including a premium club area); a new alumni locker room; and an expanded training facility that will be open year-round for Tech players, and available to alumni/Major League Baseball players during the offseason.

To greatly enhance player development functions within the stadium, Phase II renovations also include a training center, three 20-foot-wide batting cages, two 10-foot-wide pitching tunnels, and a video analysis room. The batting cages and pitching tunnels will be divided by retractable netting with turf flooring and a raised pitching mound.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow

I don't think there's State laws on this. You can buy beer at Georgia states fb stadium.

This is the spot where stansbury has dropped the ball the most imo.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don't think there's State laws on this. You can buy beer at Georgia states fb stadium.

This is the spot where stansbury has dropped the ball the most imo.
I know there’s been a long discussion on the football board about the issue. Not sure if there are actually any state laws anymore, but I just made a quick Google search. At least in 2010 it was against Georgia law to “knowingly” sell wine or malt beverages within 100 yards of school grounds. That obviously may have changed in the 10 years since. Also, the Institute itself bans open containers on campus. Maybe TStan and Cabrera can collaborate to get exceptions for athletic events on campus.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I know there’s been a long discussion on the football board about the issue. Not sure if there are actually any state laws anymore, but I just made a quick Google search. At least in 2010 it was against Georgia law to “knowingly” sell wine or malt beverages within 100 yards of school grounds. That obviously may have changed in the 10 years since. Also, the Institute itself bans open containers on campus. Maybe TStan and Cabrera can collaborate to get exceptions for athletic events on campus.

The 404 tailgate sells beer and wine on Peter's parking deck, which is about as close to the stadium as you can get and is on campus. I think it's entirely self imposed.

EDIT: Maybe a beer garden where you can buy beer/wine and can't leave with it (and can only enter if youre 21+ would be a good solution). You just can't beat a good baseball game with a beer in hand imo.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

Oh, how I miss the days when the frat members would sit on the roofs of their houses or on the wall in RF.