Your best guess....What say you about Miami game?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I went back 7 years (arbitrary length of time until I got tired of counting), and here is Miami's ACC record at home:
2016: 2-2
2015: 3-1
2014: 2-2
2013: 3-1
2012: 2-2
2011: 2-2
2010: 2-2
TOTAL: 16-12. 57% win percentage.

Home ACC games this year: Georgia Tech, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Virginia.

Their fans are notoriously not there. As you can see from these stats, there is no real home field advantage for Miami. They lose almost half of their games there. We can certainly be one of them.

This article shows an average home attendance of 58,572 in 2016.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.lo...tendance-numbers-see-substantial-rise-in-2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

This article shows an average home attendance of 58,572 in 2016.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.lo...tendance-numbers-see-substantial-rise-in-2016

Sun Life Stadium seats 65,000, so that implies it was 90% full last season, on average. That is easily verified to be BS. Here are pictures from the Florida A&M, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, and Duke games. All of this is on YouTube and you can go see for yourself. Those are probably misquoted and actually ticket sales (although I would guess even that is high). If the stadium is 90% full, the bottom should be 99% full and the top should be 75% full. The bottom shouldn't be nearly half empty.

gcvzDXM.jpg

UODii3t.jpg

RWU4CVd.jpg

gKsZ2aU.jpg

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Sun Life Stadium seats 65,000, so that implies it was 90% full last season, on average. That is easily verified to be BS. Here are pictures from the Florida A&M, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, and Duke games. All of this is on YouTube and you can go see for yourself. Those are probably misquoted and actually ticket sales (although I would guess even that is high). If the stadium is 90% full, the bottom should be 99% full and the top should be 75% full. The bottom shouldn't be nearly half empty.

gcvzDXM.jpg

UODii3t.jpg

RWU4CVd.jpg

gKsZ2aU.jpg

That’s pretty sad. I’m surprised they are able to get any good recruits to play in front of that sparse crowd. Good for us, I guess.

I read something recently that BDS is running at 82% capacity and I would love to see that top 90%. Our north stands might have been 40% full during the UNC game. I wonder how much of that is due to Dwag fans buying season tickets.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
That’s pretty sad. I’m surprised they are able to get any good recruits to play in front of that sparse crowd. Good for us, I guess.

I read something recently that BDS is running at 82% capacity and I would love to see that top 90%. Our north stands might have been 40% full during the UNC game. I wonder how much of that is due to Dwag fans buying season tickets.

Personally I thank then for buying the tickets and supporting GTAA [emoji41]

---

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck

gcvzDXM.jpg

UODii3t.jpg

RWU4CVd.jpg

gKsZ2aU.jpg
Not really fair to take screenshots at kickoff. Go look at some of our games at kick, and they look really bad as well - definitely not at the 82%.

Deleted member 2897

Not really fair to take screenshots at kickoff. Go look at some of our games at kick, and they look really bad as well - definitely not at the 82%.

Sigh. GO WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS. Sigh.

Here is a picture of a random kickoff in the North Carolina game with 4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. And here is a picture of an interview with Mark Richt as the team goes into the locker room at half time of the Duke game. PICK ANY TIME OF YOUR OWN PERSONAL CHOOSING.

yPJqeaJ.jpg

BCqy1Z6.jpg

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
lol, sorry I didn't even realize that was you that posted the original clips. Don't mean for it to seem like I'm picking on you. I didn't go through and look at the videos themselves, just the clips you pasted and made a comment. My bad..

Deleted member 2897

lol, sorry I didn't even realize that was you that posted the original clips. Don't mean for it to seem like I'm picking on you. I didn't go through and look at the videos themselves, just the clips you pasted and made a comment. My bad..

Its okay, in case videos are TLDNW (too long, did not watch), here are 3 additional pictures from the Pitt game at random points. You can see from the video progress bar they are from mid way through the 2nd quarter and beyond.

r8G33Lk.jpg

gOb2gRc.jpg

12J9MBv.jpg

Deleted member 2897

I spent some time watching last year's Miami game again. They spend a lot of time on defense in what I'm going to call the "Taco Bell Formation."

k1j8PPs.jpg

Its kind of a 3 man front, with 2 guys on the outside to help guard the perimeter. And then 2-3 more men in the middle. A lot of times it forms the shape of a bell with a 3-2 tight-2-1 formation (not so much here in this picture though - this one is more like a smurf hat). Very frequently they fire the MLB into the gap at full speed to disrupt the mesh...successfully. But unlike some other teams like Duke IIRC who changed defensive formations a lot, Miami stuck with this general formation the vast majority of the time from what I saw.

I was also surprised at how many times I saw corners staying 8-10 yards off the line like in this picture (we never passed):
PeAbMm7.jpg

To me that screams quick hit to Jalen Camp (I believe that's who it is in the slot) on the go.

Miami in this formation seemed to consistently do many things well:
1) Disrupt the mesh by firing a MLB into the gap.
2) Containing the perimeter by putting a guy on either side of the line.
3) Fighting to stay 'upstream' of the blocks on whichever side was playside.

A couple things I think we run that will help us this year with Miami compared to last year is our Belly Option and Midline Option. I don't think we ran those much at all with JT5, but we can/do with TaQuon Marshall. I'm not a flex bone cryptologist, but I think those are a couple of plays that help defeat this type of alignment. I sure would also like to see some more quick passing hits.

One final thing thats hard to check for, is if play action AB wheels and things like that would be open. They would seem to be, but that's a little hard to read definitively for me.

The recruit and the recruiting philosophy at Miami is probably very different than we are used to. I can't recall in recent times where we were competing for even one recruit with Miami. I don't remember ever hearing a kid say "I am down to two choices, Georgia Tech or dah U".

Deleted member 2897

82% of capacity is 10,000 empty seats. You do realize that in order to have 10,000 empty seats, the least desirable North Stands probably end up half full right? The North Stands seat 15,000. Then you have the 4 upper corners in the main east/west stands being sparse.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
On the road vs Miami will be tough sledding as it always is. If we get all our OL back I see the line narrowing, maybe to +6.5. If we don't and Miami stays healthy I'm expecting something like +9.5.

Miami will have a decided advantage in special teams, and I think their defense is better than ours. Offenses are a wash or slight edge to Miami.

Not saying we can't win, just that we will need to play mistake-free ball to do so. If the guys focus hard on getting better and correcting mistakes in the next two weeks we absolutely have a shot. Can't go out there and turn the ball over. I get really nervous when we break one, cut back inside downfield, and hold the ball in one arm after a long gain. I'd love to see us finish more runs conservatively with two arms on the ball. Miami DBs have the wheels to come from behind and get the ball out like TN's did.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
The only Miami game I watched was the Duke game, I by no means came away from that game thinking they were unbeatable.
Duke ran well against them, meaning we have the opportunity to control the clock.
As for the fumbles, that is a concern, Mark Richt always coached his defenses at UGAG to "tackle the football" and had success with that against us.
Hopefully with our recent fumble-ness that is high on the radar for practice this week !

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Dah U gets over hyped every year. True thus far this year. They then wet the bed in 2-4 games....but not usually against us. They seem to "get up" vs Tech. Won't help them this year.

FSU game should be close if FSU plays decent. I'd put money on duhU in a close one if I were to bet. If that comes to pass that helps us with sos.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Personally I thank then for buying the tickets and supporting GTAA [emoji41]

---

I meant to write in my previous post that the UPPER north stands might have been 40% full during the UNC game.

I guess that I’m glad that their money is being used for our athletic programs but I would much, much rather GT fans buy the tickets.

Anyway, there is way too much red in BDS when we play the Dwags.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
The one thing that's for sure is we don't have to point to anything but the Miami game last year to show how much fumbling can hurt us in this game. HOLD ON TO THE DANG BALL next weekend please

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I meant to write in my previous post that the UPPER north stands might have been 40% full during the UNC game.

I guess that I’m glad that their money is being used for our athletic programs but I would much, much rather GT fans buy the tickets.

Anyway, there is way too much red in BDS when we play the Dwags.

Doubt it was 40%. I have season tickets there and nobody was close to me except a UNC fan in BLUE from Greensboro. He was very unhappy with his team but elated over his "only $6 ticket".