Your best guess....What say you about Miami game?

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, I was worried about Lee not being back, but I did see him jumping up and down on the sidelines Saturday.

I sat down with my buddy in the first row next to the tunnel on Saturday. I saw Lee hobbling out with a cast on his leg. He was walking on it, but it did not look like he was in danger of taking reps anytime soon.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I can understand point spreads being lopsided because they are influenced by the ignorant betting public. However, for anyone on this board, after having seen us play these 4 games, to suggest we aren't seriously competitive is beyond me. I expect a major challenge and I understand we are playing on the road, but I also understand that, besides special teams, we are really solid on both sides of the ball.

Will they be our best opponent yet? Probably. However, we have destroyed every team we have played to date, in a statistical sense at least. Three of those were power 5 teams and the other a contender in FCS. I guarantee you they respect us a heck of a lot more than we (apparently) respect ourselves. In my mind we are the favorite, straight up, but since UM is playing at home, they may get enough of a bump to make it a toss up.

If you look at stats alone, we may be a top ten most dominant team in the land so far. TOs has been the only factor that has allowed teams to even stay in the same zip code with us. We might crap the bed. You never know, but I seriously seriously doubt it.

TECH wins a tough one with another case of statistical dominance.

Oh, and I don't care what time the game is. I don't care what the betting spread is. We probably get back 3 OL players. Winning for its own sake is what matters to me. Getting back at Richt or ending a two year drought ? Whatever. They are next. We show up.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This is our game for the ring. We have to go down there and play with great energy and confidence. If we can get by Miami, it sets us up for an outside chance to run the table and play for the MNC. This is our playoff game and we need to treat it as such. After we win this one, we just need to carry that same mindset into every remaining game on our schedule and then into the playoffs.

Go Jackets!

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
I am anxious to see what Miami really is. So far the best team they have played is Duke, their other wins are Bethune-Cookman and Toledo.

I don't think they are nearly as good as their ranking, I see this as a "the U is back" type of hype, which we have seen before.
This is an excellent point. Most folks were really impressed with their win over Duke. They really haven’t played anyone yet. They are about to get hit in the mouth... hard. If the FSU defense that shows up is the same one that showed up against Bama, they’re going to be tenderized for us. I think we have a great shot to beat them regardless.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This is an excellent point. Most folks were really impressed with their win over Duke. They really haven’t played anyone yet. They are about to get hit in the mouth... hard. If the FSU defense that shows up is the same one that showed up against Bama, they’re going to be tenderized for us. I think we have a great shot to beat them regardless.
Agree on fsu showing up on defense. I think it will be a war.
Assume we get both d t back we are really going to surprise with our speed.

Against us only worry I have is their qb getting lots of dump passes to athletes in space.

Like Jerry said it's up to us to take the game to them. Defense has it together at just the right time. Offense line can move their dl.
It's really going to be a good chance for gt to send the message that we have athletes who run a great system.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
I sat down with my buddy in the first row next to the tunnel on Saturday. I saw Lee hobbling out with a cast on his leg. He was walking on it, but it did not look like he was in danger of taking reps anytime soon.
True hard cast or walking boot?

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I am anxious to see what Miami really is. So far the best team they have played is Duke, their other wins are Bethune-Cookman and Toledo.

I don't think they are nearly as good as their ranking, I see this as a "the U is back" type of hype, which we have seen before.

From the little I've seen of them, I agree with you. I have no doubt that da U is coming back, and Richt will have them in the elites again, but I think they're a year, maybe two, away from that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm already excited about UM game even though we're almost two weeks away. This game is really going to tell us what kind of a team we have and if we can win we will be ranked and probably be the favorite to win the Coastal. Just for fun what are your guesses about the following questions?:

1) What time do you think game will be?

2) What do you think the point spread will be? GT

3) Which of the four injured OL do you think we will have back healthy and playing against the Canes? Marshall & Devine

4) What chance do you believe we have to win the game (%)?

5) Which would be the bigger monkey off our backs if we win: Beating Richt or Beating Miami?

1) What time do you think game will be? 3:30

2) What do you think the point spread will be? GT +3.5

3) Which of the four injured OL do you think we will have back healthy and playing against the Canes? Marshall & Devine

4) What chance do you believe we have to win the game (%)? 76%

5) Which would be the bigger monkey off our backs when we win: Beating Richt or Beating Miami? I just have one thing to say to Rev Richt and Miami...

Last edited:

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Unrelated, but based on next weeks slate of games, if Miami beats FSU, there could be a shot gameday is there

Deleted member 2897

I went back 7 years (arbitrary length of time until I got tired of counting), and here is Miami's ACC record at home:
2016: 2-2
2015: 3-1
2014: 2-2
2013: 3-1
2012: 2-2
2011: 2-2
2010: 2-2
TOTAL: 16-12. 57% win percentage.

Home ACC games this year: Georgia Tech, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Virginia.

Their fans are notoriously not there. As you can see from these stats, there is no real home field advantage for Miami. They lose almost half of their games there. We can certainly be one of them.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I went back 7 years (arbitrary length of time until I got tired of counting), and here is Miami's ACC record at home:

Their fans are notoriously not there. As you can see from these stats, there is no real home field advantage for Miami. They lose almost half of their games there. We can certainly be one of them.
I'm hoping for a noon game for this reason. Miami doesn't show up for these games to begin with, and a noon game is going to have attendance similar to a Duke game.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I read somewhere recently that CPJ and the players really prefer noon games rather than waiting all-day long to play ...
Also for what it's worth I remember players in the past saying the toughest place to play was Duke, because there was nobody in the stands ...

Dustman

Helluva Engineer

They host FSU in the even years. The Noles have owned them during this time period. Hope that continues this weekend.

hwdgeplague

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking back at our series with Miami since CPJ has taken over I didn’t realize how much Miami has actually dominated us, probably more than anyone else, even Clemson.

We have lost 7 of the last 8 to them and most of them we got spanked pretty bad losing by a minimum of 14. All of the games at Miami have been blowouts.

Miami is our true nemesis under CPJ. I’m changing my original spread prediction to
Miami -12

I also reduce our % chance of winning to about 10-20%. Maybe we beat them 1 or 2 times out of 10 down there.

Really hope they have a heartbreaking loss to FSU this week, history suggests they struggle in game after losing to FSU.

Our defense has been fortunate easing into the ACC schedule playing against two bad QB’s and banged up offenses (prob two of the worst in ACC) They will have their hands full, we shall see if we are truly contenders for Coastal in this game.

I’m also hoping for a noon kickoff, 3:30 at the latest I think favors us. Would be nice to have a sleepy crowd hopefully coming off a loss to FSU

Tech wins.