Your best guess....What say you about Miami game?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Our OL needs to be back to full strength as possible for this game. Our defense will face one of their biggest tests all season against Miami's offense. The best way to help our defense is for our offense to control the clock. We'll need Shamire back to full strength because of how he can road grade the interior for our BB and QB. It also gives Will Bryan the flexibility to play along the line to keep at full strength when guys need a breather. I think Will has been the unsung hero of the OL this season with the ability to start, or come in and give us an Olineman who can contribute starter quality at OG or OT when needed.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Our OL needs to be back to full strength as possible for this game. Our defense will face one of their biggest tests all season against Miami's offense. The best way to help our defense is for our offense to control the clock. We'll need Shamire back to full strength because of how he can road grade the interior for our BB and QB. It also gives Will Bryan the flexibility to play along the line to keep at full strength when guys need a breather. I think Will has been the unsung hero of the OL this season with the ability to start, or come in and give us an Olineman who can contribute starter quality at OG or OT when needed.
When we go strong line with extra tackle, Will gives us 3 very agile guys on one side. They can down/ fold block of b back on slant dive while defenders are still reading keys for TO.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Looking back at our series with Miami since CPJ has taken over I didn’t realize how much Miami has actually dominated us, probably more than anyone else, even Clemson.

We have lost 7 of the last 8 to them and most of them we got spanked pretty bad losing by a minimum of 14. All of the games at Miami have been blowouts.

Miami is our true nemesis under CPJ. I’m changing my original spread prediction to
Miami -12

I also reduce our % chance of winning to about 10-20%. Maybe we beat them 1 or 2 times out of 10 down there.

While this has been true for many of CPJ's years at GT, last year we were far from being dominated. It was a classic score-for-score game except for a catastrophic sequence of back-to-back scoop and scores. We outgained UM, got 22 first downs to their 18, and destroyed them in TOP. We made it 28-21 in the 4th before they sealed the game. 3 turnovers. That was the story.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
While this has been true for many of CPJ's years at GT, last year we were far from being dominated. It was a classic score-for-score game except for a catastrophic sequence of back-to-back scoop and scores. We outgained UM, got 22 first downs to their 18, and destroyed them in TOP. We made it 28-21 in the 4th before they sealed the game. 3 turnovers. That was the story.

And the year before JT was hurt. And the year before, we won.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if south FL humidity affects our usually thin OL when we play there. An evening game would be nice.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Duke was able to rush for almost 200 yards, this bodes well for us. Hopefully the week off will return our OL to health.

We need a similar performance to '14, no turn-overs and just solid pounding up the middle- 3 yards and a cloud of dust them to death.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Cannot fumble. Defense has to get third down stops. I think if both of these things can happen, we definitely have a shot. If we fumble like we did against pitt and unc, it might get ugly.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
I am anxious to see what Miami really is. So far the best team they have played is Duke, their other wins are Bethune-Cookman and Toledo.

I don't think they are nearly as good as their ranking, I see this as a "the U is back" type of hype, which we have seen before.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My guesses and reasoning:

1) 8PM on ABC (There's not many games of interest that Saturday. Clemson plays 'Cuse on Friday. Only current top 25 Matchup is Utah/USCal, which will probably get the late night west coast primetime slot. Duke/F$U could get the primetime ACC slot instead, if both win this weekend. If Miami beats F$U, I think ESPN will manipulate GT in at #25 to make Miami/Tech a Top 25 Matchup.)

2) Settle at Da U -7.5 after Miami/F$U is a close/ugly win for Miami. (F$U has had a tough start, but they're a talented team. Bama, Wake and NCSU both (underrated) is a tough schedule plus two lost weeks and losing their QB1. Miami has only played Bethune-Cookman, Toledo (Which was a lot closer than the final score.) and a way overrated Fluke).

3) Marshall, Devine and Mitchell. (Confident Marshall will be ready, last week CPJ said he was close. Devine came back in after his injury for the 4th and 1 play and then went out for good once the game was in hand. Don't think his is serious. Based on little information, my wild guess is Mitchell is ready to go in 2 weeks and Lee isn't. Saw somewhere Lee's injury was an ankle. Which is always tricky to get back from.)

4) I think it's 50/50. (Turnover margin winner is game winner. Can't afford to lose fumbles in this one.)

5) Miami. (Our monkey with Richt is at home. If memory serves, we're 2-2 against him at his place, 0-5 at Bobby Dodd. And I don't think CPJ has ever beaten Miami in Miami. (?))

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Game is flexed - either noon or 3:30 on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2. FSU @ Duke is also flexed - assuming the thought here is whoever wins gets the noon time slot. Kind of counter-intuitive, but the 3:30 game is a regional game, and will also compete with whatever the SEC 3:30 CBS game is, along with other regional games.

Jmonty71

Banned
I'm already excited about UM game even though we're almost two weeks away. This game is really going to tell us what kind of a team we have and if we can win we will be ranked and probably be the favorite to win the Coastal. Just for fun what are your guesses about the following questions?:

1) What time do you think game will be?

2) What do you think the point spread will be?

3) Which of the four injured OL do you think we will have back healthy and playing against the Canes?

4) What chance do you believe we have to win the game (%)?

5) Which would be the bigger monkey off our backs if we win: Beating Richt or Beating Miami?
I think Thug U beats Free Shoes U. Setting up a 3:30 kickoff.
I think Thug U will be favored by 8.5 points
I hope all the LBs are abck
If we do not turn the ball over 60%, if we turn over once, 40%, if we turn it over more than once, we'll lose.
Beating Richt would be awesome. He's had our number, that last few years.

MountPGT1990

Banned
Do you mean Morgan instead of Mitchell?

Yeah, I was worried about Lee not being back, but I did see him jumping up and down on the sidelines Saturday.

I guess if we had to choose, having Marshall back would be most important ?

I think if we had beaten Tenn and Miami beats FSU then we would have gotten 8pm ABC game.

I doubt and hope it’s not a night game, prefer the crowd to not be bonkers

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Miami and VT annually compete to see who will get our 'brain fart' game. Two scoop and scores against us last year. The year before, it was a torrential rain, and Thomas was hurt. IIRC about that game, CPJ said he went to send in a play when we were inside Miami's 10yd line and then realized we had 9 freshmen on offense and had to change the play. What year was it that Orwin brain farted us into a safety on the KO and we would up losing in OT (when Tevin ran the wrong way on a 4th down play seems like) after scoring 35 straight points? I'm hoping we have a more settled lineup on both sides of the ball that makes Miami earn their points.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Miami and VT annually compete to see who will get our 'brain fart' game. Two scoop and scores against us last year. The year before, it was a torrential rain, and Thomas was hurt. IIRC about that game, CPJ said he went to send in a play when we were inside Miami's 10yd line and then realized we had 9 freshmen on offense and had to change the play. What year was it that Orwin brain farted us into a safety on the KO and we would up losing in OT (when Tevin ran the wrong way on a 4th down play seems like) after scoring 35 straight points? I'm hoping we have a more settled lineup on both sides of the ball that makes Miami earn their points.
Georgia Tech is due a big win over Miami:cool:;)

Kareem

Banned
Miami's win over Duke was not as lopsided as the final score. Duke ended the game with more first downs and held the ball considerably longer. My take away was that Duke is not as good as I thought and Miami did not appear to be very disciplined. I think we beat Miami and Duke by at least 10 points.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I watched da U against B-C and Duke. I noticed two things.

1. Their OL isn't as good as it was last year. In both games their opponents were getting good pressure on their QB. It didn't help since he is pretty good, but it was there. Also, their running game is essentially Walton doing it on his own. That's pretty good, mind you; he's probably the best pure RB in the conference. But he can be contained. If we do that and get a rush, we'll hold them down in points.

2. You can run on their D. Duke had no trouble doing it and they aren't any great shakes. The problem the Blues had was that they had to stop running to get back in the game. That is when da U's D shows well; they still have a good secondary. And B-C held the ball about twice the time Miami did. I'm betting we run for at least 350 on them; they haven't seen anything like us yet.

Does this mean we can win? Yes; I'd say this is a real tossup, provided we get two of our three injured OLs back and one is Shamire. Does it mean we will win? Of course not; if we turn the ball over too much or we're forced to throw too much we will have a difficult time.

If you look at the box stats for our game with these people last year, it was the best game we played against a quality opponent all year. The Football Gods were against us, however. Without the scoop scores we would have been tied in the 4th. They aren't as good as they are cracked up to be.