Who do we hire?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Please. And cremins/hewitt didn't? I lived in the triangle for three years. Nc state is an afterthought in the area and their home court is an empty hockey arena.
This is what you wrote...
"Ncsu may have the toughest recruiting of any bball school in our conference due to the local competition"

Here's the roster...
http://www.gopack.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/ncst-m-baskbl-mtt.html

About half the current team are former Top 100 kids by a rankings provider, they've got 1 McD's AA on roster, they had 1 go pro (TJ Warren), they had 1 transfer (Tyler Lewis), and their pulling these kids in from traditionally solid HS programs.

Gottfried is doing pretty well and he's blowing BG away in recruiting. Cremins & Hewitt have nothing to do with today.

Crappy arena or not. Worst hand gesture in the world or not. They've been playing the role of little brother in their area and far exceeding what we've been doing past couple of years. Welcome to 2015.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Please. And cremins/hewitt didn't? I lived in the triangle for three years. Nc state is an afterthought in the area and their home court is an empty hockey arena.
I agree with you about NC State and playing in the Hurricanes' arena, but you will find few nicer places to live than Raleigh, NC.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Prediction. Gut feeling.

Bobinski will do one of the following:

1- He will hire someone with whom he has a relationship that preceded his tenure at Georgia Tech. I think he wants to feel comfortable about the hire and not be trying to get to know this person. It could also include a quickly escalating salary based on the timetable for the buyouts. That would be easier to work out, and feel less risky, with a person he already knows. I don't get the impression he is a high risk kind of guy.

2- If he hires someone else, none of the people in option 1 would take the job. This is where we get to Prohm or Howland.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not sure I understand the knock on Gottfried or NCState. They've won 20+ games his first 3 seasons (standing at 19 for this year) and have made the NCAA tourney his first 3 years. Wear do I sign for this???
Pretty much...

Meanwhile, on the interwebz... who's got a line in to @DaBiz for some scoop?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I've never seen another teams message board where every job that comes open that a former almuni or player is mentioned every time.

Thanks. How many other team message boards do you frequent? Which ones?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
"In just his first three seasons at the helm of the Georgia State program, Ron Hunter has restored it to national prominence, averaging more than 20 wins per year and making a pair of postseason appearances. In three years, Hunter has led the program to 62 wins, including two of the three best seasons in program history."

Just a nominee. But worth a look. Best coach in Georgia as of today.

How can you "restore" someone to national prominence when they never had it?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here's a question... is there some crazy ish we're missing entirely? Peacone's ideas about snagging a highly touted assistant? Some former genius player that we just don't see coming (i.e. - college version of Steve Kerr not named Mark Price)? Jay Bilas (just kidding)?