What is this thing about Waffle House?

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
Too late for 2019, but for next year I would suggest Collins rent the waffle house food truck and drive it to the recruits. Pull up in the neighborhood and have coaches cook for recruit and family, friends. Talk about pushing the "family first" vibe plus works the cooperate connection with WH (should be official by then) I think that'd be pretty lit!

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Too late for 2019, but for next year I would suggest Collins rent the waffle house food truck and drive it to the recruits. Pull up in the neighborhood and have coaches cook for recruit and family, friends. Talk about pushing the "family first" vibe plus works the cooperate connection with WH (should be official by then) I think that'd be pretty lit!
That would be cool!

Even cooler...a Waffle House Food Helicopter :cool::p:p:cool:

Animal02

Banned
I am sure that it would violate some NCAA rule that would only be enforced against Tech. :cautious:

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I love that he's gone all in on this, it's a really smart move. The reaction of other fanbases on Reddit is great and you can bet it resonates with our players and recruits as well. Geoff Collins has an eye for effective tactics.

What's the likelihood that Stansbury and Collins are pushing for some kind of field sponsorship deal? Like, the name would officially be Waffle House's Bobby Dodd Stadium at Historic Grant Field. It seemed like folks on this board were in favor of getting a field sponsorship if it guaranteed a fair amount of money, but it would have to be the right brand.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I love that he's gone all in on this, it's a really smart move. The reaction of other fanbases on Reddit is great and you can bet it resonates with our players and recruits as well. Geoff Collins has an eye for effective tactics.

What's the likelihood that Stansbury and Collins are pushing for some kind of field sponsorship deal? Like, the name would officially be Waffle House's Bobby Dodd Stadium at Historic Grant Field. It seemed like folks on this board were in favor of getting a field sponsorship if it guaranteed a fair amount of money, but it would have to be the right brand.

Unlikely. Far too many UGA follower-customers at Waffle Houses statewide to warrant this risk.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I spent $18.37 for 2 at the Waffle House about 30 minutes ago. Rounded it off to $25 with the tip. They gave me a to go cup. OK, I'm happy today.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

I'm sorry. Waffle House and Bobby Dodd do not go in the same sentence. Tech would be the ACC's laughing stock with a Waffle House field.