What is this thing about Waffle House?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I am fine with any sponsorships if they bring in $$ for GT. I love the idea of linking ourselves mainly to ATL/GA based companies, like WH, CFA, Coke, Delta, Arby's, etc. Some of them will be hesitant about making themselves too big of a sponsor for GT, though, because they do not want to "offend" DWAG nation. So far, I like that WH seems "all in".

I can see it now, "welcome to the home of the Yellow Jackets, on legendary Grant Field by Delta at Coca Cola Bobby Dodd Stadium.

:)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm thinking free waffles might get some students out of bed in time for a noon kickoff.

I watched The Mule last night starring Clint Eastwood. His character and Bradley Cooper's character shared a scene at a Waffle House.

Whoa, I hope that wasn't a NSFW scene. What? I meant the language. Get yer minds outta the gutter.

:smuggrin:

Oh c'mon, you laughed. We need some humor 'round these parts lately.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I love the idea of linking ourselves mainly to ATL/GA based companies, like WH, CFA, Coke, Delta, etc.

I was thinking of this earlier and while I am love both CFA and Coke we may want to be careful partnering with them since their primary color does not really mesh well with Tech. ;) This is also another reason why the relationship with WH is so fitting.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
......I love the idea of linking ourselves mainly to ATL/GA based companies, like WH, CFA, Coke, Delta, Arby's, etc. Some of them will be hesitant about making themselves too big of a sponsor for GT, though, because they do not want to "offend" DWAG nation.

Delta and Coke are already big sponsors. The sponsor the mutts also. I don't think they worry about offending people because of support for competing sports teams.

Delta is the "official airline" of GT athletics. The CEO of Coca Cola Enterprises was a GT person.(The indoor football practice facility is named for him).

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I'm in Pensacola for an inspection and I had dinner at Waffle House last night, and breakfast there this morning. Ain't got no WH in Chicago.
Next time here let me know and I ll take u to Wing King. Owned by Micky "Rattler" a legend w Pensacola youth football and proud recipiant of an original addias Gt tee shirt. HE'S all in for fsu but we are his second team. Guy loved coach johnson and the gt option.

Go luck.

Ps - its cold here tonight +40.. How bout Chicago?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Next time here let me know and I ll take u to Wing King. Owned by Micky "Rattler" a legend w Pensacola youth football and proud recipiant of an original addias Gt tee shirt. HE'S all in for fsu but we are his second team. Guy loved coach johnson and the gt option.

Go luck.

Ps - its cold here tonight +40.. How bout Chicago?
still here. Leaving Thursday afternoon. I'ts about -40 in Chicago, so says my wife.

GRGT96

Georgia Tech Fan
Does it matter......they all look the same. :D

Looks can be deceiving,
url
url