What is this thing about Waffle House?

Milwaukee

Banned
200w (39).gif

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Please don’t misunderstand, guys. Ive been to Waffle House many times.

What I don’t understand is how would the Waffle House thing help us (GT) win more games?

I don’t see the connection. Please tell me if I’m missing anything.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

What I don’t understand is how would the Waffle House thing help us (GT) win more games?

Just another branding thing I suspect :) As noted about there are a lot of ties between Tech and Waffle House!

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

I have no idea, either, GTRambler, but I guess here is a possibility:

• Waffle House connection shows that our new coach is a "regular guy" that can attract new fans and recruits with his laid back good nature and lack of "smugness"

That is just a guess. Personally, if we get more donations from WH because of it, I say, "why not?" It is kind of funny that a few years back, many GT folks were making fun of the UGAG wedding at the WH.

Last edited:

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Well, I do know a young man who was—and still is—a friend of my daughter. He graduated with her from the same high school, class of 2000. Then he went to Georgia Tech, and graduated from Tech in 2004. He works as some kind of manager with Waffle House now.

I do know Waffle House is owned by someone who graduated from GT. Other than that, it’s all I know.

So, how will Waffle House help GT win more games? Especially when CGC keeps talking up Waffle House in his marketing (or advertising?) spiel.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Well, I do know a young man who was—and still is—a friend of my daughter. He graduated with her from the same high school, class of 2000. Then he went to Georgia Tech, and graduated from Tech in 2004. He works as some kind of manager with Waffle House now.

I do know Waffle House is owned by someone who graduated from GT. Other than that, it’s all I know.

So, how will Waffle House help GT win more games? Especially when CGC keeps talking up Waffle House in his marketing (or advertising?) spiel.

There are over 2100 Waffle Houses so if he is a manager chances are he's doing well for himself. As to the rest me thinks you may be overthinking it a bit ;)

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
This is interesting.

May I ask, does Waffle House donate to the GTAA?

Also: Do many high school football players eat at Waffle House?

And: Is Waffle House popular among high school students in general? Is it “a cool place to eat?”

Trying to understand more here ... some connection ... or whatever it might be.

Deleted member 2897

This is interesting.

May I ask, does Waffle House donate to the GTAA?

Also: Do many high school football players eat at Waffle House?

And: Is Waffle House popular among high school students in general? Is it “a cool place to eat?”

Trying to understand more here ... some connection ... or whatever it might be.

You are posting all of this out loud.