Virginia Tech postgame discussion

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We have moved up here to the heart of Hokies country. We are surrounded by them. I have this picked out for church tomorrow, navy suit and all.
79715060763cadc0ae4a7d68f333a305.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice look but I'd toss it for a less formal look and throw a Tech hoodie on instead. Hope all is well in Hokie land friend.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
CPJ outduels Foster.

Roof owns Fuente's shotgun spread offense.

And GT learned how to win in the clutch.

Not much to say except that we came close a couple of times to blowing Virginia Tech out and that is a very rare thing indeed. I was surprised at how ineffective their two monster defensive tackles were by and large. They made a couple of plays but we blocked them pretty good.
Really surprised that the counter trap dive or whatever it is to Benson worked as well as it did. Virginia Tech is a good team but their quarterback is not someone who can carry a team. They have two good receivers but we did a good job of keeping them under control for the most part. The announcers said that the game was getting "chippy". Well, what GT/VT game doesn't get "chippy"? Especially with all the cheap shots their thugs make on our players like the clown "humping" if that is the word TaQuon. They talked about how one of the Austins was mouthing off to one of the Tech receivers who happened to be the guy that got away with flagrant offensive pass interference on that fourth down play. I think it is time to admit that this defense is probably pretty good perhaps the best in Coach Johnson's tenure. Clean up the offense a little bit and the special teams (rather a lot) and we might have a chance against UGA. I anticipate just curb stomping Duke.

incognito

Georgia Tech Fan
Refs were pretty awful. The PI on 17 in the endzone was a terrible call. So was the no call for 94 humping Marshall after the play. I thought the chop block was pretty weak. And then missing the offensive PI where 17 got shoved all the way to the ground.
Agree all around

Offense seemed like popcorn again. TFL, then wham big plays.
You tend to get that with aggressive Defense. A couple plays away from being a 30+ performance. I'll take that.

incognito

Georgia Tech Fan
Chop block was legit call. Cooper shoved the guy in the chest while Ivemeyer rolled into his feet. Intentional or not you have to call that.
If OL falls to ground and DL trips/gets pushed backward over him, thats not a chop block. Have to look at replay, not sure what happened.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
If OL falls to ground and DL trips/gets pushed backward over him, thats not a chop block. Have to look at replay, not sure what happened.

I watched it. I understand why the ref flagged us. It was really close especially at full speed watching it live. I get the call.