Virginia Tech postgame discussion

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I think we call that Heavy formation. Over is both WR on same side. We lined up Heavy on the last TD.

CPJ calls what we call "over" as in what Carrick calls over, "Twins" so that is what it is in my mind. Over to him is "tackle over" that's where my terminology came from.

For instance Carrick will call our Base formation Base, CPJ calls that spread.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Is Va. D Line that much better than VA Tech DLine? Or think rain was difference last week?

Must be so disappointing to players to know how close this team is to being a 7-1. Against a tough schedule also. This should make them much more determined to end season at 7 - 4 which could get us into top 25 and a decent bowl.

'

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I was watching the live stream on theacc.com, but I think it's the same as the TV broadcast.

Did anyone else see CTR scream "You've got to be $hi**ing me!!" After the double tip completion?

Yeah that decision by their QB rivaled Taquon's pick 6... Different result.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Yeah that decision by their QB rivaled Taquon's pick 6... Different result.
Funny thing was it was by far a worse decision. Jackson just threw up a prayer that had probably a 1% chance of being complete. Taquon made the right decision because he was trying to throw it away but just sucked at it

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Funny thing was it was by far a worse decision. Jackson just threw up a prayer that had probably a 1% chance of being complete. Taquon made the right decision because he was trying to throw it away but just sucked at it

I thought he was trying to complete the pass. If a bad throw away that's different, but still awful.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Is Va. D Line that much better than VA Tech DLine? Or think rain was difference last week?

Must be so disappointing to players to know how close this team is to being a 7-1. Against a tough schedule also. This should make them much more determined to end season at 7 - 4 which could get us into top 25 and a decent bowl. '

No. The difference is we did a better job blocking against VT. But that being said, UVA does have a decent DL.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, not to dwell on a bad thing, but the chop block call was huge. We are about 4 yards from going up 28-9, and instead come away with no points after the missed FG. VT then goes right down the field and scores. Those plays are critical, and we need to clean those up.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I am concerned that our A backs are not involved in the offense as much this year. Lynch has all but disappeared. TM keeps it more on the edge rather than making the pitch. He has a lot of TD's this year so hard to criticize too much. That 2 pt play against UT still haunts me.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I am concerned that our A backs are not involved in the offense as much this year. Lynch has all but disappeared. TM keeps it more on the edge rather than making the pitch. He has a lot of TD's this year so hard to criticize too much. That 2 pt play against UT still haunts me.
The offensive play calling is different from last year as well. You just take what you are getting and the defenses are taking away the pitch, which is fine, less chance for a mistake. Sure TM has missed some pitches but we are still running for around 300 ypg.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The offensive play calling is different from last year as well. You just take what you are getting and the defenses are taking away the pitch, which is fine, less chance for a mistake. Sure TM has missed some pitches but we are still running for around 300 ypg.
I just hope and pray that GT's opponents in 2018 don't take away both the option and the inside run;)

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

This is a question (again) for the gurus. To my untrained eye, TM takes an angle to the sideline that is too wide. It seems that he and the Aback are within a couple of steps of each other near the sideline and therefore - A) the pitch isn't there and B) it allows one defender to cover our QB AND our A back. Is this correct...or are the D's scheming to get more guys to the outside. I share your concern.