Vandy Postgame

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Camp was not out of bounds, they called it a catch, but there was a penalty.
Yes you're right. It was a good sideline catch (opposite sideline from my seat), and I hope to see more of him. I'm looking forward to watching the replay later when I get home.

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
Jackson did play like he deserves more time.. of course it as end of game time but the way he read the run and came down to fill the hole making the play in the backfield is exactly how you draw that play up. And the pass that he tipped was the exact same coverage as the play that PJ was out of coverage on that gave up the TD. He may not check all the boxes but he seems like he plays within the scheme and could provide a blow for someone for a series or so each half..

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Personally, I am very happy our receiving yardage is getting spread around. That makes us harder to defend. If they want to play off our receivers and crash with their safeties, that is fine with me because our ABs and BBs will go off, as we saw yesterday. With that said, our WRs do need to step up and start getting separation.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
ESPN ACC Helmet Stickers

Georgia Tech RBs Clinton Lynch and Marcus Marshall: Any Georgia Tech player who catches a touchdown of 77 yards or more gets a helmet sticker. It actually occurred twice in the same game Saturday as Paul Johnson unleashed an aerial assault. Marshall’s 81-yard touchdown haul was the Yellow Jackets’ longest pass and play from scrimmage since 2012. In the fourth quarter, Lynch took a pass from the backup quarterback 77 yards for a touchdown. Is Johnson making a move to the air raid?

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I was glad to see more true triple option yesterday. If DM and JT didn't have mash issues a few times, We would have seen more big plays off them. Our perimeter blocking still needs work, but I did see improvement there in the second half. Qua is just a straight up Baller. He and Lynch give us to receiving threats at AB that teams will have to start game planning to stop. Hard to believe so many offense of play makers are freshman and sophomores. Whoever wins the QB battle next year will have weapons.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I am watching (via dvr) the tv broadcast yesterday's victory over Vandy. Cannot make this up-- @MrsDrJacket just said "I don't mean to be ugly. But, Vanderbilt's punter kicks like a GIRLY-man."

(Before anyone gets tempted to make any Ryan Rodwell wisecracks, we all know he has his issues with frequent shanks. But, we also know that when he gets ahold of one, he can kick the air out of the ball. Girlyman, he is not.)

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
No one has mentioned Lance Austin. I thought he had a good game in coverage out there all alone where everyone can see any slip-ups. He also made some good tackles. The pass breakup on the long heave down the middle was a really great effort on his part as well as the long out of bounds pass where he had better position than the receiver..

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
No one has mentioned Lance Austin. I thought he had a good game in coverage out there all alone where everyone can see any slip-ups. He also made some good tackles. The pass breakup on the long heave down the middle was a really great effort on his part as well as the long out of bounds pass where he had better position than the receiver..
Yea very impressed with Lance so far this year. Big test for him Thursday.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
Shamire really looks like a man among boys
his own coaches won't show him love. smh what does he need to do to get a compliment, public support,loyalty ? from those he has been loyal to. ( coaches & fans) Ya'll have my son out here looking like a joke. I never thought going to such a prestige college would have been possible. Thank you GT for the opportunity. I have never seen shamire used so wrongly on the field, i have never have a coach not have a good word or three to say about him,shamire has never not did what a coach has told him to do,he has never not put in 100% effort,he has never had to crawl for a tackle, he has never been so down played on purpose by those so close to him. is this embarrassment to him as an athlete ,brutality to his body and head games to his to his development as a man ,worth such an education? an even swap aint no swindle. swarm help me understand what's happening. i am over patients and silence. not over praising shamire .there is no one man team. also not taking from all the other same hard working student athletes ,(the proudly recognized ones & unrecognized ones ) I am trying to be a positive part of this jacket family, but after every game ,press conference, talk show ,radio show i feel everything but a positive GT family feel? i haven't even seen the game yet. somebody please upload !

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Big day for Lynch. I'm glad to see him get going. I'm not sure if it was obvious from the east or west stands, but it seemed like JT and DM were having a tough time with the mesh. There were 4 or 5 plays where I was worried the ball was on the ground. I'm not sure but I think DM took the ball a few times where JT was trying to pull it. ....

Agree on the mesh issue. Will be interesting to read what you find/see on the replay.

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
his own coaches won't show him love.
I'm assuming you are personally connected to this student athlete. First I want to thank you for the representation your family member gives the Institute. I for one can still remember my time at Tech and the commitment and effort (suffering at times?) that it took to complete my degree. Your family member is doing that while also meeting the additional requirements of being a student athlete. Hats off to you and your family. I don't have any insight into the athletic department, but I would suggest in these situations we have to have faith and trust that our children's coaches (a) have our kid's best interest at heart and (b) will direct our kids to their maximum potential. In my eyes, this student athlete is playing his best college football this very year, and is still getting better game to game. The accolades always lag behind accomplishment, but his day in the sun is coming, I'm sure of it! It is known that fire brings us steel, and when this student athlete gets through with this season he too will be hardened like steel and see his best days are yet to come. GO TECH!

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what CPJ's attitude is because I've never heard him speak to it but I do remember lots of speeches from former AD's. There were two things that define Georgia Tech football vs. other programs. First ... the goal of Georgia Tech football is to "win games and have fun". It's a game. Enjoy it. Don't kill your players in practice. Use a dazzle play occasionally ... but make it fun. Why ...

Second ... because the primary outcome is to develop a student. To get a degree that will set this young man up for life. To be part of a network that will guarantee life success.

That's it. Win games and have fun, get a great education, and succeed in life.

The coaches should reinforce the message, but again ... that's the old message. Not sure what the current one is. Anyone?

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
My impression is that CPJ (and the staff by extension) is pleased exclusively with performance and playing to one's potential... Shamire follows a young man who met this requirement, and he was praised accordingly - and he now starts for a superbowl-caliber NFL team...

When Shamire plays to his ability, I have no doubt the staff will heap praise upon him - they owe him that, but only after it happens... If he were my son, I wouldn't want it any other way... #NFLca-ching