Vandy Postgame

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Some of y'all might think im crazy but this game from top to bottom, offense, defense, and special teams was better than any game we played in 2014 imo. I'm not going to get to excited yet but we could be looking at a special year IF we continue to build on this performance.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I agree today was the most complete GT performance since...well, since Tulane of last year.

Problem is, Tulane and Vandy seem to be about the same, and therefore a dominating performance against such a team i snot necessarily predictive of things to come.

I think Vandy has a lot more talant on Def then Tulane

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
I can easily see Mills putting on another 15 lbs of muscle, and then he will be a TRUCK to bring down. He is already tough, but with more size, assuming it doesn't slow him down, he will be an animal at bb.
CPJ said before the BC game he was actually at 227.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Two other things. How in the world did we ever sign Adams? DTs that size never sign with us.

It's easy to take Justin for granted, but he is really playing some ball. With the improved protection his passing ability is much better this year. He's playing the TO point guard, he dishes just right or he keeps and makes a big gain. Total poise this year. If it isn't there, he throws it away, but always in a way that isn't grounding.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Pass protection still good, for the most part.

Awesome call to start the game. PJ at his best.

I think Clinton Lynch is our second best A back. He is shifty, has some speed, and is hard to bring down.

Adams came up big on what might have been the play of the game. His bulk and strength kept their back from making the fourth down early in the second half.

The sweetest play I saw today didn't gain anything. If Justin throws it three inches shorter or Qua stretches another three inches....

We got a little more pressure on the QB as the game went on, but still needs work.

We have a lot of defensive linemen who are interchangeable. I really don't see any droppoff between the first team and the subs. That is already helping, but it will be really big in a tight game down the road.

No shanked punts today.

No fumbles, one boneheaded interception.

Butker had another great day.

Mills was born to play B back. Tough inside runner with enough speed and vision to break plays. On the wide play he scored on early in the game, something about his body and the way he moves made me flash back to The Diesel.
If my memory is right, that is the third time Tech has used that play to open a game, and they have scored on it every time. Once was Middle Tennessee State when Johnson slipped in that speedster A back as B back, and he outran the middle linebacker for a TD. I can't remember the second, but clearly those coaches see things on tape and find the matchup they want. And yes indeed, Mr. Mills is going to make his mark before he leaves GT. He is directionally challenged, but fortunately that direction is always north-south.