USF Postgame Discussion

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
You ever heard of a letter and a stamp? Try sending a letter to TStan? Seriously. Most sane people don’t pay attention to people that call them out through social media or in public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already wrote to tStan after last year. But you know it all I’m sure. Also, I’m sure Paul would get my letter and frame it. Really take it to heart, ya know? Much more effective than being in person and asking a honest question holding him to his word about when he would retire. Seems more effective to me.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I want him gone 100% of the time, and have since about 2013 after it became painfully obvious he was more intent on proving his system could work instead of trying to adjust it to the needs we needed. We've missed two bowl games in the last 3 years, and finished 5th in our division the third.

A better recruiting HC would bring in better players. I don't know why people think we've somehow peaked in our recruiting and we absolutely can't do better. Johnson isn't a strong recruiter and neither was Gailey. We haven't really tried a recruiting focused HC in forever. We need a coach to cover for our weakness not one who has the same ones. And getting different players would help if that means we actually have pass oriented OLmen, QBs, and TEs, on our practice squad.
Unless Tech is willing to change ( which they won't ) a new head coach would still not get the players that are 4 and 5 stars. and going back to the coach you said I don't see any great players he has got to come to Tulane

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I don't disagree with this. A rah-rah recruiter would be a breath of fresh air, maybe. Just curious, who are 4-5 coaching options that would fit this description and come to Tech? (realistic options)

I don't know, but I'll bet TStan does.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
If you are going to bring in a "recruiting" HC then you are going to have to deal with the issues with the Hill before any legit recruiting coach will come. The 2 are pretty tightly linked.

You also have to look at CPJ's contract and make sure we don't Hewitt ourselves at the time we are trying to hire his replacement. FWIW I seem to recall it is after next year he is "vulnerable". But can't remember for sure and too lazy to look it up right now.

Biggest thing though is I really am not looking forward to a whole season of Fire CPJ/Keep CPJ while they are still playing. PIA when Gailey was here and not what I want to have to put up with now. End of the year make a decision - no one - Stansbury or anyone else - is going to fire him during the season so getting really vociferous about it is wee weeing into a fan.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Ok so you want a head coach that is 9-16 at Tulane. Great pick ! But I don't remember saying any thing about the defensive coach. This is his first year. Now if you think you can get Tech to back off their restrictions and not having classes that players miss part of practice and having easy classes like auburn Clemson uga and alabama I don't see anyone being able to bring in all 4 and 5 stars players. Not having to take classes like calculus and having math class like other football schools how to add 1+1 and any answer is right, then it not going to get better , once in awhile yes but not all the time.

There are roughly 125 FBS programs and 25 elite programs. Tech has the same issue as 80% of schools ... find and development talent that fits your scheme.

And we can’t.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I already wrote to tStan after last year. But you know it all I’m sure. Also, I’m sure Paul would get my letter and frame it. Really take it to heart, ya know? Much more effective than being in person and asking a honest question holding him to his word about when he would retire. Seems more effective to me.

I didn’t say to write a letter to CPJ, did I?

ctcjb

Georgia Tech Fan
If you are going to bring in a "recruiting" HC then you are going to have to deal with the issues with the Hill before any legit recruiting coach will come. The 2 are pretty tightly linked.

You also have to look at CPJ's contract and make sure we don't Hewitt ourselves at the time we are trying to hire his replacement. FWIW I seem to recall it is after next year he is "vulnerable". But can't remember for sure and too lazy to look it up right now.

Biggest thing though is I really am not looking forward to a whole season of Fire CPJ/Keep CPJ while they are still playing. PIA when Gailey was here and not what I want to have to put up with now. End of the year make a decision - no one - Stansbury or anyone else - is going to fire him during the season so getting really vociferous about it is wee weeing into a fan.

So maybe you get rid of CPJ and get a younger "recruiter" like Monken? He's only 51.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Thinking Woody would be our savior was based on some wins of A State against top teams. But his Ds gives up points however seem to get turn overs. Which after the first pick didn't happen.

ST play lost the game but I wonder what Woody thinks about 700 yards of offense and dominate TOP the D gives up 35 points. But except for the pick in the first quarter and goal line stop, our D today looked a lot like past Ds. I thought USF adjusted to our D but we didn't adjust to their O.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Then you deal with it. Or at least try to.

Also, unless Johnson steps down he's going to hurt us when he leaves regardless. That's why the "extend him because otherwise he can't recruit" extension he just got was stupid.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn’t say to write a letter to CPJ, did I?

That’s exaclty what you said? You said not to use social media or in person, but a condenscending message to write a letter instead?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
And we did lose to puke & unc, but yes the kids & coaches finished strong.

But if we want to keep referencing past teams - why not 1952 or 1990?

Because I chose 2014 when I was a GT fan. I wasn’t alive in 1952 and didn’t follow college ball in 1990. Good enough answer for you?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
It all depends on the buyout and I don't remember - and not sure I ever saw it.

Part of dealing with it is getting the monied class to write the check. But the other part is knowing what is possible and getting your own house in order to get the right attention. IMHO we have a lot of work to do.