UGA Postgame Discussion

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
The lack of fundamentals in tackling has been a 10 year issue. My stepson even points out that they tackle to high and fail to wrap up

That is the truth - Tech was also outmanned on both sides of the LOS. In fact it was more of the same vs. UVA and Miami but Tech was able to capitalize and win the turnover battle to grab those two wins.

When recruiting against CPJ, you do not have to pay a penny to anyone.

It will be the same with new unis, new locker room, new weight room, new AI2020 because CPJ cares about 2 things - his O & Sewak.

Talented kids we can get will not sign with CPJ running this system. He adds to, doesn’t help, the issues we have to deal with as is.

People that think losing to puke 4 of the last 5 times has a single thing to do with academics are out of whatever brains they once had.
Losing to Duke doesn't, true, although I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem there is. But losing to the likes of Clemson and the mutts DOES have to do to a large extent with academics.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I have a question about the block below the waist penalty against us. The LOS was the 25, if I remember correctly, and the block was at the 23. Isn't it supposed to be legal within 5 yards of the LOS?

Also, I would make the observation that our DL is way too small to compete with their OL. They averaged 327 and we averaved 271. You do the math.

I had a ticket down on the 20 yard line in the lower section, but found a seat in the "Tech section" in the upper deck in the corner for the first half. Fewest Tech fans I've ever seen in Sanford Stadium. There was hardly any Tech section at all up there.

Pretty low class the way their band kept stepping on our band. Every time they started to play, the Ugaggers would start playing about two seconds later. They did it every time.

I have a question about the block below the waist penalty against us. The LOS was the 25, if I remember correctly, and the block was at the 23. Isn't it supposed to be legal within 5 yards of the LOS?

Also, I would make the observation that our DL is way too small to compete with their OL. They averaged 327 and we averaved 271. You do the math.

I had a ticket down on the 20 yard line in the lower section, but found a seat in the "Tech section" in the upper deck in the corner for the first half. Fewest Tech fans I've ever seen in Sanford Stadium. There was hardly any Tech section at all up there.

Pretty low class the way their band kept stepping on our band. Every time they started to play, the Ugaggers would start playing about two seconds later. They did it every time.
I agree about the penalty, and several in chat did as well. BAD CALL.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The tough thing there is that when you look at the Top 50 players in our state they are all going to UGA, Tenn, Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Ohio State, etc. I really don't have an answer for how you compete against that. It would take a ton of money and resources to attempt to cast a net nationally over the few great players who value a degree from a school like Tech.

Nothing but more excuses until we exhaust doing the things we have control over now.

When recruiting against CPJ, you do not have to pay a penny to anyone.

It will be the same with new unis, new locker room, new weight room, new AI2020 because CPJ cares about 2 things - his O & Sewak.

Talented kids we can get will not sign with CPJ running this system. He adds to, doesn’t help, the issues we have to deal with as is.

People that think losing to puke 4 of the last 5 times has a single thing to do with academics are out of whatever brains they once had.

Agreed. Wake just blew out Duke so they weren't even that good this year. Nor was USF.

slugboy

Staff member

Their band has been doing that for decades.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/30/17472936/block-below-waist-rule-ncaa

Has to be within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and from the front unless it’s an interior lineman. A few conditions beyond that.

I think that player went wide and came back in, so not from the front.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk