UGA Postgame Discussion

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
And that's one of many reasons why our graduates make 50% more money than theirs do at every point along their respective careers. Cumulative earnings that when saved and invested at moderate returns add up to close to $1 Million over the course of employment. They don't really care about any of that. They just want to win a football game.

All true. But the sad thing is, if we had won today, we wouldn’t be talking about degrees or lifetime earnings, but just about football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
All I can say is that , that was embarrassing esspecially after us putting together a good run the last few games.
What is more obvious is that Smart has put together a NC class team and that's what they are hunting, and we are way out of league in that talent level. Not sure we will ever reach that caliper unless the school is willing to make the changes needed.
We can beat UGA when they have down years, but not on good years.

I hope coach and tstan are embarrassed

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I was disappointed as well but going in I expected to lose by about 21 points. The only teams that have beat the team from Athens the last 2 years:

1. @Auburn (who also beat #1 Bama)
2.Alabama (barely in NC)
3. @ LSU

Unfortunately this new regime for them have taken it up a notch - Past uga teams would squeak by teams and lose games to teams with less talent. Now they are winning going away. They had stress free victories against Florida, Auburn, Kentucky and now Tech. I hate it because it reminds me of the hopelessness I had as a kid in 1980.

northgajacket

Banned
Tell that to SMU. True, they haven't been that audacious recently, but give them time.

SMU was pretty mediocre for the past 30 years prior to 1987 with the exception of the Pony Express years. That is why they implemented the cash payments. Also SMU had the second smallest enrollment in the SWC so I would say they were small.

slugboy

Staff member
I hate to disagree, but they need to win a football game. I mean, let's face it; a lot of these people go home to places where their world is run by people like Tech grads. A lot of them go home to places where people like Tech grads have moved the jobs somewhere else. A lot of them go home to places where a viable higher education is way the exception rather then the rule.

Winning football games gives them something they can feel superior about. That's why they're willing to go all out, after running a fairly clean program under Richt. And it is why, sooner or later, they will find the NCAA on their case.

I’m not sure about this “clean program under Richt” that you’re talking about. When have they recruited much different than Auburn or Alabama?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Ugh, just embarrassed with our play today. Will save the takes for tomorrow, but disappointing to see how far we've fallen in the ranks.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
To Clarify my point, here are the majors of upperclassmen starters at UGA:
Communications Studies
Sports Management
Sociology
Sports Management
Communications Studies
Sports Management
Communication Studies
Sports Management
Mass Communications
International Affairs
Sports Management
Communications Studies
Business
Sports Management

Deleted member 2897

No. Somebody needs to get to work demanding equal representation on the BOR. I don't know how many currently serve on the board, but I do know that there is only one ONE Tech man on there.

I just browsed the BOR a few minutes ago - there are 2 Georgia Tech people and something like 12 Georgia people.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I had the same reaction. I high throw by Fromm that left his WR midsection vulnerable. Could’ve possible set the tone for the game a big hit there.

I pretty sure i counted 20 missed tackles in the 1st half alone
It certainly set the tone that we didn't want to be there. My hopes for the game was essentially crushed seeing us do absolutely nothing when we should've destroyed that receiver.