UGA Postgame Discussion

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
For the most part, the mutt fans were cordial but they booed when our band came out at halftime. They. Booed. The. Band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Like all of you, im disappointed in the lack of tackling, blocking (not sure if that’s a function of size) and of course the score.

However, I’m thrilled that we didn’t quit and put some points on the board. Happy we didn’t turn over on fumbles and interceptions. Happy for Juanyeh making them look silly. Happy Marshall and Stewart connected. Unfortunately they were just bigger and faster than us. At some point that matters. So glad we were able to keep their score under 50!

While tackling could improve a lot, I say no shame in a loss to a #5. Go forward and win the bowl game!!

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Yea, Like Bill Lewis was supposed to, oh that didn't work out so well. I think it needs to be said over and over again....95% of the Georgia squad could not even get into Tech let alone make it through their sophomore year. You all continue to deny this but O'Leary would not survive at Tech today. He only graduated 40% of his players. that is scholarship loss.

I wonder why we go through the effort of offering them and recruiting them if they can’t get in...

OK

=== the bad ===

Only so many games like that you can sit through and not want to change something. Clemson might have been a bigger beat down in terms getting out-atheleted, but this was in the neighborhood.

The USF, Pitt, and Duke games show more of what we need to fix than this one. Our first step is to get better than those three. On defense, we didn’t tackle well or get off blocks against comparable athletes. We were slow to react and act.

On offense, in our losses, we didn’t get to the second level to make blocks. So, we didn’t get a big OL that would drive block, and we weren’t fast enough to take out the linebackers and safeties. The rules have made it harder to cut block, and we aren’t cut blocking well. Over the last four years, i don’t think our blocking has been that effective. When we drive block, I see people get moved. I think we need to rethink how we block.

I’m watching Auburn- Alabama. It’s at a faster speed than we play.

Today, they were just faster than us on the lines. (If I’m wrong, convince me). There were other issues, but when you have two or three players in the backfield, you aren’t getting a bunch of yards.

In 2009, CPJ was outwitting opponents. It’s been years since I saw him do that.

=== the good ===

The team could have quit. They hung in the entire game.
Glad to see the offense score in the second half, and the KO return. Great run.

TaQuan is a slippery player. Our backs managed to make something out of nothing a few times.

=== the end ===

Thanks to the seniors and all the players. Go win the bowl game and get better for next season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will come back to win this **** next year

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Well said. Too bad that it is true. Even the fans that complain a lot don't help $upport he GTAA. $$$$$ will allow not only additional recruiting staff but allows up to hire coaches.
Even so, you're STILL not going to be UGA. Fan support and money will help against peer programs. UGA is not a peer program. They have said "damn the price, we're going to compete for titles" So has Clemson.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Kind of like I said during the UVA game, it was like a JV team playing the varsity. They are just bigger and faster than us and were literally running through us and dragging our guys. They didn't care if they were throwing into double coverage because all they had to do was go up and out muscle our guys. We do not look like a P5 team and we sorely need to figure some things out on the S&C side.

If they had gone for the throat and not pulled starters they could have hung 70 on us and our offense would have been blanked.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
They just want to win a football game.
I hate to disagree, but they need to win a football game. I mean, let's face it; a lot of these people go home to places where their world is run by people like Tech grads. A lot of them go home to places where people like Tech grads have moved the jobs somewhere else. A lot of them go home to places where a viable higher education is way the exception rather then the rule.

Winning football games gives them something they can feel superior about. That's why they're willing to go all out, after running a fairly clean program under Richt. And it is why, sooner or later, they will find the NCAA on their case.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I think at least part of it is that none of the 4 coaches before Johnson had to deal with the same academic requirements that Johnson does. At a school like yours, that matters.

I think it's time you were honest with yourselves: GT isn't willing to do what it takes to compete with a school like UGA. Not financially, not academically, not structurally, it's just not.

UGA is going to do what it takes to be a national power in football. That's the end of that sentence. Whatever it takes, UGA is going to do that, and GT simply is not. I genuinely believe it doesn't matter if you have Paul Johnson, or Bronco Mendenhall, or Kirby Smart, or some schlub off the streets. GT simply doesn't care as much about football as UGA does, and it likely never will.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it's the truth, and that lack of support from the university is going to show up on the field way more times than it's not.

Clemson has recently been added to that "type of team" so Tech will have at least 2 games every year like that. My realistic hopes would be to continue to improve resources (as Stansbury is focused on doing) and become a Top ACC team year in and year out - Occasionally have that senior laden team that can do something special. When you think about it most teams in the ACC would trade places with Tech football (accomplishments) the past 11 years.

northgajacket

Banned
I hate to disagree, but they need to win a football game. I mean, let's face it; a lot of these people go home to places where their world is run by people like Tech grads. A lot of them go home to places where people like Tech grads have moved the jobs somewhere else. A lot of them go home to places where a viable higher education is way the exception rather then the rule.

Winning football games gives them something they can feel superior about. That's why they're willing to go all out, after running a fairly clean program under Richt. And it is why, sooner or later, they will find the NCAA on their case.

NCAA only goes after the smaller programs. Jerry Tarkanian has a quote about this: “The NCAA was so mad at Kentucky for violations they put Cleveland State on probation for two years.”

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
All I can say is that , that was embarrassing esspecially after us putting together a good run the last few games.
What is more obvious is that Smart has put together a NC class team and that's what they are hunting, and we are way out of league in that talent level. Not sure we will ever reach that caliper unless the school is willing to make the changes needed.
We can beat UGA when they have down years, but not on good years.

I hope coach and tstan are embarrassed

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Unless of course if it was a Chan Gailey Coached team. After the much worse drubbing of 51-7 in 2002.

You’re right. Though I wonder how bad this drubbing coulda/woulda been if Smart had not called off the hounds in the second half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

This stupid crap is one of the reasons we suck and we have no fans. Quit acting like insecure nerds and win some damn games.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
NCAA only goes after the smaller programs. Jerry Tarkanian has a quote about this: “The NCAA was so mad at Kentucky for violations they put Cleveland State on probation for two years.”
Tell that to SMU. True, they haven't been that audacious recently, but give them time.