UGA Postgame Discussion

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Tough game. Probably the 2nd most talented team we've played this year, so the already-thin margins were micro-razor thin today.

I thought we'd play better on defense; that was some serious Big-12 quality level stuff we had out there ... but better talent will make it look that way.

Thanks, seniors ... tough way to go out ... but thank you for not quitting, playing hard, and being good reps of the I.

Tough game. Probably the 2nd most talented team we've played this year, so the already-thin margins were micro-razor thin today.

I thought we'd play better on defense; that was some serious Big-12 quality level stuff we had out there ... but better talent will make it look that way.

Thanks, seniors ... tough way to go out ... but thank you for not quitting, playing hard, and being good reps of the I.

We still have a bowl game. So, the seniors aren't done yet.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Focusing on the offense is such a message board way of looking at this game. Not sure if anyone watched the game, but had we scored four touchdowns in the first half, we still would have faced a double digit deficit.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Not much to say but we do need a better OL, and not to excited about the play of our defense, I know some have said it's getting better I guess I'm watching a different defense than Y'all. Lots of work to do before next year.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I've been through a lot of these times when we got totally outclassed by Georgia. It is horribly depressing in itself and there's the added misery of trying to figure out how can ever beat them. What I saw in the first half was an offensive machine which we couldn't even slow down, much less stop. A defense good enough to keep us from making any real drives and allowing no big plays. But here is the thing -- I've been here many times and somehow in the coming years we always do eventually get some more wins against them. I doubt it'll be any different this time around.

Milwaukee

Banned
Here for the comments

200w (39).gif

I've been through a lot of these times when we got totally outclassed by Georgia. It is horribly depressing in itself and there's the added misery of trying to figure out how can ever beat them. What I saw in the first half was an offensive machine which we couldn't even slow down, much less stop. A defense good enough to keep us from making any real drives and allowing no big plays. But here is the thing -- I've been here many times and somehow in the coming years we always do eventually get some more wins against them. I doubt it'll be any different this time around.

Unless of course if it was a Chan Gailey Coached team. After the much worse drubbing of 51-7 in 2002. But I agree with your thought. Those of us who have watched this game for many years understand this. And I will bet CPJ wins one more time in the next 2 years and that is when he will call it quits.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Wish i knew tackling and blocking was optional today or i would’ve just slept in today.

It's funny how we as fans throw around all kinds of strategems (throw the slant! Run the sweep! Blitz more!) when football ultimately boils down to just blocking and tackling.

We looked horrendous on both sides. I think it was Fromm's first pass of the game - short hitch and we missed a tackle that turned into a big gain - I facepalmed and hoped it would end there.