Trump / Putin / foreign relations

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm not talking about starting a war but I want actions to make sure Russia doesn't meddle in anymore of our elections. Is that too much to ask?

It’s silly to think we can make them stop, outside defeating them militarily. It’s also silly not to make them pay for and really really regret thinking they can ef with us.

Deleted member 2897

Sadly, I would not be surprised if $400 million came from Russians to Clinton after all the other donations we've learned about. I mean, $145 million in total from folks linked to Uranium One went to the Clinton Foundation.

If the DNC won't turn the server over to the FBI and if the FBI won't call Putin on his offer to continue their investigation over there and to try and arrest the folks they've indicted, we should all be wondering why.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I don’t like The Clinton’s they’ve amassed a dubious fortune after the Presidency. I didn’t like her for President, but I knew she at least would be competent. I can deal with competency. Bush Jr. was incompetent but at minimum he had some morals. To be president is dirty and requires a willingness to get dirty, I don’t think Obama understood this initially, but he learned. Reagan got dirty and a while I wasn’t a fan of his policies & methods, I think he felt he did what was right for the country. This current guy in office has been a clown for decades prior to him even mentioning becoming president. He lack competence. He lack ethics. He campaigned and helped finance Corey Bookers senate seat. He was a friend to the Clintons, all buddy buddy with Al Sharpton, & Jessie Jackson merely a little over a decade ago. Took big swings at Republicans along the way. After being a Democrat for most of his life he’s now this staunch conservative, just without the conservative principles, only the appeasing talking points matter. Working with the Russians is just a part. Talk to a NY’er about Trump and what he’s been historically. In the end it doesn’t matter, he’s winning. We lose. I far recognized it. “Drain the swamp”? That dude wallows in it.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Sadly, I would not be surprised if $400 million came from Russians to Clinton after all the other donations we've learned about. I mean, $145 million in total from folks linked to Uranium One went to the Clinton Foundation.

If the DNC won't turn the server over to the FBI and if the FBI won't call Putin on his offer to continue their investigation over there and to try and arrest the folks they've indicted, we should all be wondering why.
Are you serious?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Can you give me examples of when I've done that? Sounds like you're projecting a little bit.

That’s the problem imo. Both instances imply a limp wristed policy regarding Russia. It’s foolishness on display by both. Ef Russia and Putin. Very few of their geopolitical goals align with ours, quite the contrary. And our leaders should be clear on this with them.

Putin is laughing his *** off all the way back to Moscow. I hate sending them signals we won’t oppose them one way or another.

Putin gets what he wants from Trump.

A better example would be Obama actually and his responses to Russian invasions of Georgia, Crimea, and Ukraine.

He still has a long damn way to go to equal Obama. As much as I disliked his rhetoric today, that’s all it was. Actions speak louder than words / rhetoric. And Obama’s actions and inaction carried far greater consequences than today’s summit / presser.

Do you disagree?

No I don't. Trump and republicans have no intentions on protecting our elections from Russian meddling. Trump doesn't even believe they did it in the first place.

It galls me a little to have to go back and replay our conversation. If you can’t keep up........

Deleted member 2897

Are you serious?

Honestly dude, do you not know all these things that you ask? I can’t tell when you’re kidding, trolling, or misinformed. Try Google. I’m not trying to sound condescending, but you keep asking questions that have been common knowledge for years.

Deleted member 2897

I don’t like The Clinton’s they’ve amassed a dubious fortune after the Presidency. I didn’t like her for President, but I knew she at least would be competent. I can deal with competency. Bush Jr. was incompetent but at minimum he had some morals. To be president is dirty and requires a willingness to get dirty, I don’t think Obama understood this initially, but he learned. Reagan got dirty and a while I wasn’t a fan of his policies & methods, I think he felt he did what was right for the country. This current guy in office has been a clown for decades prior to him even mentioning becoming president. He lack competence. He lack ethics. He campaigned and helped finance Corey Bookers senate seat. He was a friend to the Clintons, all buddy buddy with Al Sharpton, & Jessie Jackson merely a little over a decade ago. Took big swings at Republicans along the way. After being a Democrat for most of his life he’s now this staunch conservative, just without the conservative principles, only the appeasing talking points matter. Working with the Russians is just a part. Talk to a NY’er about Trump and what he’s been historically. In the end it doesn’t matter, he’s winning. We lose. I far recognized it. “Drain the swamp”? That dude wallows in it.

Trump is not a Democrat. Trump is not a progressive. Trump is not a Republican. Trump is not a conservative. Trump is an opportunist.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly dude, do you not know all these things that you ask? I can’t tell when you’re kidding, trolling, or misinformed. Try Google. I’m not trying to sound condescending, but you keep asking questions that have been common knowledge for years.
You are suggesting that the FBI do their investigation of Russia in Russia. I'm just wondering if you are serious or not.

Deleted member 2897

You are suggesting that the FBI do their investigation of Russia in Russia. I'm just wondering if you are serious or not.

Putin offered them access to continue their investigation over there, access to resources, and to discuss extraditing the 12 individuals. If you were investigating Russia, why wouldn’t you at least call their bluff?

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Putin offered them access to continue their investigation over there, access to resources, and to discuss extraditing the 12 individuals. If you were investigating Russia, why wouldn’t you at least call their bluff?
I don't think that's a good idea. They are going to want something in return. Did you read the article ATL1 posted? Do you really trust Putin to act in good faith?

Deleted member 2897

I don't think that's a good idea. They are going to want something in return. Did you read the article ATL1 posted? Do you really trust Putin to act in good faith?

No I don't trust Putin to act in good faith. But then (if you at least try) you've proven to everyone that Putin was a liar on the world stage and is up to no good.

If you won't take him up on his offer, and won't even take basic steps to try and get the 12 guys you just indicted, and you have no interest in securing the hacked servers, then Putin wins. He's totally called us out.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don't agree that what you call Obama's inaction against Russia carries far greater consequences than Trump's statement at the summit. You can be mad or upset if you want to. You have your opinion. I have mine.

That’s cool. Actions matter more to me than words do and words mean more to you than actions do.

I do agree with you on Putin and his obnoxious offer. Making Trump look like the boob he’s often inclined to be.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
That’s cool. Actions matter more to me than words do and words mean more to you than actions do.

I do agree with you on Putin and his obnoxious offer. Making Trump look like the boob he’s often inclined to be.
That's a terribly wrong conclusion. Why can't we just disagree on presidential foreign policy on Russia?

LibertyTurns

Banned
How about citing a few staunch conservative principles or policies he supports?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
That's a terribly wrong conclusion. Why can't we just disagree on presidential foreign policy on Russia?

Well we obviously do disagree. Both idiots have done or said things to bolster Russia, imo encourage aggression, and embolden Putin in the face of severely lacking counterparts then and now. I recognize this. You refuse to admit Obama’s.

And for the record....Trump’s actions thus far have been very anti Russia. His words the opposite. It’s like Trump is bizarro Obama regarding Russia. It slmost seems as if someone else is actually calling the shots and no one sent Trump the memo.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Well we obviously do disagree. Both idiots have done or said things to bolster Russia, imo encourage aggression, and embolden Putin in the face of severely lacking counterparts then and now. I recognize this. You refuse to admit Obama’s.

And for the record....Trump’s actions thus far have been very anti Russia. His words the opposite. It’s like Trump is bizarro Obama regarding Russia. It slmost seems as if someone else is actually calling the shots and no one sent Trump the memo.

I know it's hard for you but Obama isn't in office anymore. Everything now is all on Trump.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
While Obama was in office, it was blame Bush until Obama is out. It's that way with every president and always will be.