Trump / Putin / foreign relations

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
McCain has never gotten past Trump's comments and it is obvious. He loves to be a torn in his side. McCain ran for President on a weak campaign with a terribly weak running mate, almost conceding the election to Obama. Do you want Trump to start a war with Putin, when he is trying to contain North Korea...don't thing that would be a good idea. Obama all the way back to Clinton, including Bush Jr. kicked foreign policy down the street.

Palin actually helped him some imo. He tanked nationally when he said the fundamentals of the US economy were strong in September 2008 when people were losing houses and jobs.

Deleted member 2897

The republican party is blindly following Trump.

If we learned anything today, it was that this statement is not true.

Today was the single most embarassing appearance of a US President I can remember. Worse than “I did not have sex with that woman”, worse than Obama’s presidential portrait in Kudzu, worse than Bush II trying to open a locked door in China, worse than “Read my lips, no new taxes”, honestly worse than Nixon’s “I am not a crook”. Maybe the only thing worse was Taft getting stuck in a bath tub.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

Today was the single most embarassing appearance of a US President I can remember. Worse than “I did not have sex with that woman”, worse than Obama’s presidential portrait in Kudzu, worse than Bush II trying to open a locked door in China, worse than “Tead my lips, no new taxes”, honestly worse than Nixon’s “I am not a crook”. Maybe the only thing worse was Taft getting stuck in a bath tub.
I think President Trump did well;) I didn't want him to go to Helsinki and start another useless conflict like in Syria and Afghanistan to make the RINO Neocons in Congress like John McCain and Lindsey Graham happy:cool: Pat Buchanan was right when he said the goal of the liberals and interventionists was a 2nd Cold War.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
To be clear on my opinion about Trump's press conference: I cringed and could not watch it in one sitting.

I thought he muffed the question on US Intell v Putin.

That being said, I understand why he did. He was responding to US press who were trying to undermine US diplomacy. We haven't lifted any sanctions against them. We still have sent resources to the Ukraine, and we are actively trying to break in to their hold on energy to Europe.

Deleted member 2897

I think President Trump did well;) I didn't want him to go to Helsinki and start another useless conflict like in Syria and Afghanistan to make the RINO Neocons in Congress like John McCain and Lindsey Graham happy:cool:

With all due respect, that’s a false choice.

Given the indictments, he should have either canceled the meeting, or kept it private. Cyber forensics isn’t voodoo magic. A guy over there forgot to scramble his connection for a second and gave away his true IP address. And then the hunt began. You can bet we surveilled those guys and their friends and their friends’ friends. Our intelligence agencies are not always beacons of truth, but there’s a lot of technical geniuses over there. We have several thousand hackers in the CIA. For Trump to act like their assertions are baseless is borderline insane.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck

Today was the single most embarassing appearance of a US President I can remember. Worse than “I did not have sex with that woman”, worse than Obama’s presidential portrait in Kudzu, worse than Bush II trying to open a locked door in China, worse than “Read my lips, no new taxes”, honestly worse than Nixon’s “I am not a crook”. Maybe the only thing worse was Taft getting stuck in a bath tub.

Are you sure? I heard a lot of talk but what actions are being taken to prove otherwise?

Deleted member 2897

Are you sure? I heard a lot of talk but what actions are being taken to prove otherwise?

What actions do you want? Do you want him impeached for being stupid? Other than censuring him (which doesn’t actually do anything), there is nothing you can do other than stand up publicly against him, which tons of people did today.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
What actions do you want? Do you want him impeached for being stupid? Other than censuring him (which doesn’t actually do anything), there is nothing you can do other than stand up publicly against him, which tons of people did today.
I'm not talking about starting a war but I want actions to make sure Russia doesn't meddle in anymore of our elections. Is that too much to ask?

Deleted member 2897

I'm not talking about starting a war but I want actions to make sure Russia doesn't meddle in anymore of our elections. Is that too much to ask?

Oh, I thought you wanted actions against Trump. Sorry I didn’t understand what you were saying.

Deleted member 2897

Nope. If republicans acknowledge that Russia meddled then they need to do something about it.

LOL. We already have sanctions on them (more than when Trump took office). We’ve indicted the people. You can rest assured our intelligence cyber people are on it. If you have any other suggestions, you can call your congressmen. We also have an active investigation that’s supposed to tell us what happened and what to do...which isn’t complete yet.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
LOL. We already have sanctions on them (more than when Trump took office). We’ve indicted the people. You can rest assured our intelligence cyber people are on it. If you have any other suggestions, you can call your congressmen. We also have an active investigation that’s supposed to tell us what happened and what to do...which isn’t complete yet.
So does this mean you have confidence in the Mueller investigation?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Very intresting.
Yes indeed. How is it that this imbecile with an incompetent ragtag staff can come up with a coherent strategy and the elite Team of Obama & the Mannequin can’t generate jack? The freaking experts look like clowns compared to what this moron’s doing. I thought foreign policy would be weak without a big name to help him, but I guess a fresh set of eyes not entrenched in swamp BS is all it took.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yes indeed. How is it that this imbecile with an incompetent ragtag staff can come up with a coherent strategy and the elite Team of Obama & the Mannequin can’t generate jack? The freaking experts look like clowns compared to what this moron’s doing. I thought foreign policy would be weak without a big name to help him, but I guess a fresh set of eyes not entrenched in swamp BS is all it took.

That and somehow talking heads keep saying he's Putin's puppet or whatever.

His actual policies and actions are going right at Putin.

Energy to Europe
Weapons to Ukraine
Undermining Iran
Attacking Syria
Building ties to Korea and China

Almost everything he DOES weakens Russia while his words go wonky.

It's like he's the anti-Obama. Obama spoke against Russia and its energy manipulation.

When Palin warned that Russia would annex Crimea, I guess Obama thought it would be bad if they did.

When Nunes warned in 2014 about Russian meddling, I guess Obama thought that would be bad too.

Obama drew a red line with Syria and had harsh words when they crossed it.

However, he did nothing to stop any of it. He halted plans to defend Eastern Europe and opened the door to Russian aggression in Crimea, iirc.

He chose better relations with Russia's ally Iran and Syria's ally Erdogan of Turkey against Israel and more moderate Muslim states.

So, I guess when it comes to tough words, Obama wins. When it comes to actions, we'll see.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Half the posters on this board's dying breath will be "but what about....Obama? Hillary, the emails?" <end scene>

Seriously, I learned awhile back I can simultaneously dislike them all. However, what we're seeing with Trump blows my mind.

So what about them ? The statute hasn’t ran on Hillary, why dont you support a real investigation into her acts ? While you focus on Trump your arguments invite comparative logic. You seem to hold Trump accountable for what took place when Obama was in office. It was Obama who ignored the fact Russians were up to something yet I here no calls for his prosecution. I dont here libs yelling Obama collusion, why not ?

By all accounts Hillary paid agents of other country’s, including Russia, for dirt on Trump. Hillary’s paid go between actually met with Russians to write a dossier. No yelling from the libs though. Why not ?

Trump buddies up to Putin and everyone has a heart attack, Obama actually tells a Russian President that he,ll have more freedom to work with Russia after our election — no cries of collusion, Why not ?

Obama was widely hailed on his “apology tour”. When he was president it was cool for the US to man up to its mistakes and misdeeds, now trump seems weak to some when he expresses doubt in our own intelligence, the same intelligence who democrats say got WMDs wrong and the same intelligence (along with the media ) whose told us for 2 years to doubt this presidents patriotisim and dedication to our country. You wouldn’t catch me believing our intelligence community if they came after me for 2 years.

Comparatives are all around us, it’s natural to argue the ‘if it’s wrong why did you do it’ argument with these politicians b/c they are all hypocrites.

What’s sad in today’s world is that the establishment has actually convinced you that a lay person can’t be president. Makes me wonder how this country got off the ground given it was started by young yet mostly inexperienced advocates.

Wonder what libs would have said about a Washington as he wintered at Valley Forge. Incompetent coward sounds familiar.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So because I disagree with you, that disqualifies everything else I say? Ok lol
The republican party is blindly following Trump. Thats why they are not going to do anything to protect our elections.

Difference is...when a R does something stupid I call it out for what it is. When u complain about that same R for the same thing, but ignore the D that did the same exact thing x3.....you are being blindly hypocritical. That’s your perogative but it’s true.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Difference is...when a R does something stupid I call it out for what it is. When u complain about that same R for the same thing, but ignore the D that did the same exact thing x3.....you are being blindly hypocritical. That’s your perogative but it’s true.
I’ll attribute this to Thomas Sowell but it could be someone else’s statement:
Democrats think Republicans are inherently even people, Republicans think Democrats are inherently stupid.

You’ve got people with a logical bent arguing against people with an emotional bent. They just don’t understand comparisons because they look at person A & say they’re a do-gooder and conclude the bad action was an inadvertent mistake, not intentional. They look at person B & say although most of their actions were good/proper there must have been something sinister about their motives because that person is evil.

This has been decades in the making but the politics of personal destruction has its genesis on the make love not war side. Until they change or are somehow diminished in their power we’re going to slowly decline ethically, morally & spiritually. The ends do not justify the means.