Trump / Putin / foreign relations

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Difference is...when a R does something stupid I call it out for what it is. When u complain about that same R for the same thing, but ignore the D that did the same exact thing x3.....you are being blindly hypocritical. That’s your perogative but it’s true.
Can you give me examples of when I've done that? Sounds like you're projecting a little bit.

Deleted member 2897

Breitbart
Dailycaller
Newsmax
Might as well add Stormfront

Yep, because you always have to add in that people on the political right are racists just for good measure. It wouldn't be a good Swarm Lounge discussion without it.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
And the clown show continues.

E9C8A9F4-40F1-492F-8C26-A6D2251E7D93.jpeg
9D60B88E-8B2F-4F6D-B5F2-F938DB146BE6.jpeg
9BE447C7-6F48-4209-BF87-F299D2CDA90B.jpeg
8879883D-ED0F-4510-9CD4-089DE66C5364.jpeg
9FDFFB80-43B4-4E44-A654-913CC31F4C95.jpeg
42AC2733-E8AE-46AF-8413-E5FCDA640A80.jpeg
C7ED241F-B2FE-4299-BB8E-9441AC451CD3.png

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
This whole thing is badly overblown in my humble view. I am not at all sure why it is so much worse than leaning over and asking Medveyev to tell Vladimir that after the election I will have a lot more flexibility (as Obama did). Trump said the intel community might not be right....just like the Dems did after Iraq War........

This wasn't Trump's best moment, no doubt, but the reaction is badly overwrought.

Russia is no worse than China, for example. The difference is China doesn't get caught red-handed and is more subtle. But they have been hacking into and stealing state secrets for decades now. Yet everyone accepts we have to cozy up to China for pragmatic reasons. Same thing for Russia.

Everyone flips out about Russia meddling, but no one will do a real study on how many fraudulent voters are on the voter registration lists citing privacy concerns.

#MeThinksTheyDothProtestTooMuch

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
This whole thing is badly overblown in my humble view. I am not at all sure why it is so much worse than leaning over and asking Medveyev to tell Vladimir that after the election I will have a lot more flexibility (as Obama did). Trump said the intel community might not be right....just like the Dems did after Iraq War........

This wasn't Trump's best moment, no doubt, but the reaction is badly overwrought.

Russia is no worse than China, for example. The difference is China doesn't get caught red-handed and is more subtle. But they have been hacking into and stealing state secrets for decades now. Yet everyone accepts we have to cozy up to China for pragmatic reasons. Same thing for Russia.

Everyone flips out about Russia meddling, but no one will do a real study on how many fraudulent voters are on the voter registration lists citing privacy concerns.

#MeThinksTheyDothProtestTooMuch
It's worse because Trump has decided to believe a foreign government over his own.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It's worse because Trump has decided to believe a foreign government over his own.

Again, it's not what he said.

As I've said before, I think he blew it, and I agree that his answer to that line of questioning legitimately raised this concern. However, if the media in our country had not been trying spin a Russia-Trump collusion narrative, then it would be easier to focus on just the facts.

Deleted member 2897

Well this issue is resolved now, so we can move on. Trump just said he mis-spoke and meant to say he doesn't see why Russia "wouldn't" be responsible.

LOL

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Again, it's not what he said.

As I've said before, I think he blew it, and I agree that his answer to that line of questioning legitimately raised this concern. However, if the media in our country had not been trying spin a Russia-Trump collusion narrative, then it would be easier to focus on just the facts.
This is what he said yesterday:
"All I can do is ask the question. My people came to me… they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin. He just said it’s not Russia. I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Ah yes, the “nuh uh, you’re the puppet defense”. I see you’ve learned much from your lord and savior. I find arguments that go “people say this but in actuality they’re that because that’s who they are” so compelling. Good stuff. Hell, when you can’t provide facts just pretend like your “feelings” are facts.

Second, Obama said that 5 years ago during a presendential debate. He was obviously wrong and wrong about other things. Crimea was a disaster. However Fast forward 10 years and you Trumpers will still be quoting Hilary and Obama. SAD! Trump = no accountability, no leadership. Great creating a brand though, maybe the left will get behind the Kardashians!
Maybe you should actually go back and read what I said about Helsinki before you rent like a lunatic.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This is what he said yesterday:
"All I can do is ask the question. My people came to me… they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin. He just said it’s not Russia. I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be.

That’s one of the dumber things he’s said. Yes it’s a long list.