And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
John McCain, a true American hero, who didn't dodge the draft says it the best:

“Today’s press conference in Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory. The damage inflicted by President Trump’s naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate. But it is clear that the summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake.

“President Trump proved not only unable, but unwilling to stand up to Putin. He and Putin seemed to be speaking from the same script as the president made a conscious choice to defend a tyrant against the fair questions of a free press, and to grant Putin an uncontested platform to spew propaganda and lies to the world.

“It is tempting to describe the press conference as a pathetic rout – as an illustration of the perils of under-preparation and inexperience. But these were not the errant tweets of a novice politician. These were the deliberate choices of a president who seems determined to realize his delusions of a warm relationship with Putin’s regime without any regard for the true nature of his rule, his violent disregard for the sovereignty of his neighbors, his complicity in the slaughter of the Syrian people, his violation of international treaties, and his assault on democratic institutions throughout the world.

“Coming close on the heels of President Trump’s bombastic and erratic conduct towards our closest friends and allies in Brussels and Britain, today’s press conference marks a recent low point in the history of the American Presidency. That the president was attended in Helsinki by a team of competent and patriotic advisors makes his blunders and capitulations all the more painful and inexplicable.

“No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant. Not only did President Trump fail to speak the truth about an adversary; but speaking for America to the world, our president failed to defend all that makes us who we are—a republic of free people dedicated to the cause of liberty at home and abroad. American presidents must be the champions of that cause if it is to succeed. Americans are waiting and hoping for President Trump to embrace that sacred responsibility. One can only hope they are not waiting totally in vain.”

I respect McCain’s service. Not so much his career in Congress. Hate to say it but he hit this nail on the head today.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Trump's presidency isn't over yet. He has some time to capitulate some more.

He still has a long damn way to go to equal Obama. As much as I disliked his rhetoric today, that’s all it was. Actions speak louder than words / rhetoric. And Obama’s actions and inaction carried far greater consequences than today’s summit / presser.

Do you disagree?

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
He still has a long damn way to go to equal Obama. As much as I disliked his rhetoric today, that’s all it was. Actions speak louder than words / rhetoric. And Obama’s actions and inaction carried far greater consequences than today’s summit / presser.

Do you disagree?
No I don't. Trump and republicans have no intentions on protecting our elections from Russian meddling. Trump doesn't even believe they did it in the first place.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
No matter how anyone feels about the FBI, and the Intelligence Community, its pretty ridiculous to defend a President that publicly just told the world that he believes the word of our adversaries over his own intelligence community.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No I don't. Trump and republicans have no intentions on protecting our elections from Russian meddling. Trump doesn't even believe they did it in the first place.

“No I don’t.” Disqualifies everything else you have to say. Obama once also said the Russians could never affect or alter a U.S. election. Maybe our vaunted intel agencies just told him so....forgive me for rolling my eyes till my brain hurts.

Libs love to say all conservatives follow Trump blindly....in actuality they are just projecting their own ideologies of their own leaders onto conservatives.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
No matter how anyone feels about the FBI, and the Intelligence Community, its pretty ridiculous to defend a President that publicly just told the world that he believes the word of our adversaries over his own intelligence community.

The worst part is that many of GOP came out against it, but Trumpism is a cult. Full stop. Not pro country, not pro GOP, pro Trump. It’s unreal what we’re seeing even from some on this board. TRUMPS own cabinet disagrees, but still his voters offer “whataboutisms”.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
“No I don’t.” Disqualifies everything else you have to say. Obama once also said the Russians could never affect or alter a U.S. election. Maybe our vaunted intel agencies just told him so....forgive me for rolling my eyes till my brain hurts.

Libs love to say all conservatives follow Trump blindly....in actuality they are just projecting their own ideologies of their own leaders onto conservatives.

So because I disagree with you, that disqualifies everything else I say? Ok lol
The republican party is blindly following Trump. Thats why they are not going to do anything to protect our elections.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck

Ah yes, the “nuh uh, you’re the puppet defense”. I see you’ve learned much from your lord and savior. I find arguments that go “people say this but in actuality they’re that because that’s who they are” so compelling. Good stuff. Hell, when you can’t provide facts just pretend like your “feelings” are facts.

Second, Obama said that 5 years ago during a presendential debate. He was obviously wrong and wrong about other things. Crimea was a disaster. However Fast forward 10 years and you Trumpers will still be quoting Hilary and Obama. SAD! Trump = no accountability, no leadership. Great creating a brand though, maybe the left will get behind the Kardashians!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

“Today’s press conference in Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory. The damage inflicted by President Trump’s naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate. But it is clear that the summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake.

“President Trump proved not only unable, but unwilling to stand up to Putin. He and Putin seemed to be speaking from the same script as the president made a conscious choice to defend a tyrant against the fair questions of a free press, and to grant Putin an uncontested platform to spew propaganda and lies to the world.

“It is tempting to describe the press conference as a pathetic rout – as an illustration of the perils of under-preparation and inexperience. But these were not the errant tweets of a novice politician. These were the deliberate choices of a president who seems determined to realize his delusions of a warm relationship with Putin’s regime without any regard for the true nature of his rule, his violent disregard for the sovereignty of his neighbors, his complicity in the slaughter of the Syrian people, his violation of international treaties, and his assault on democratic institutions throughout the world.

“Coming close on the heels of President Trump’s bombastic and erratic conduct towards our closest friends and allies in Brussels and Britain, today’s press conference marks a recent low point in the history of the American Presidency. That the president was attended in Helsinki by a team of competent and patriotic advisors makes his blunders and capitulations all the more painful and inexplicable.

“No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant. Not only did President Trump fail to speak the truth about an adversary; but speaking for America to the world, our president failed to defend all that makes us who we are—a republic of free people dedicated to the cause of liberty at home and abroad. American presidents must be the champions of that cause if it is to succeed. Americans are waiting and hoping for President Trump to embrace that sacred responsibility. One can only hope they are not waiting totally in vain.”

John McCain was a great hero.

Last year he was tested whether his personal integrity or his animus toward Trump would drive his decision making. After years of campaigning to repeal and replace Obamacare, he voted thumbs down.

Only someone with years of working with classified information who could still defend Hillary because emails may not have been marked classified could still treat McCain as a man of integrity.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
John McCain was a great hero.

Last year he was tested whether his personal integrity or his animus toward Trump would drive his decision making. After years of campaigning to repeal and replace Obamacare, he voted thumbs down.

Only someone with years of working with classified information who could still defend Hillary because emails may not have been marked classified could still treat McCain as a man of integrity.
He got really p*ssed off when President Trump wouldn't take orders from him about foreign policy at the beginning of his term as President;):rolleyes:

Tech93

Helluva Engineer

McCain has never gotten past Trump's comments and it is obvious. He loves to be a torn in his side. McCain ran for President on a weak campaign with a terribly weak running mate, almost conceding the election to Obama. Do you want Trump to start a war with Putin, when he is trying to contain North Korea...don't thing that would be a good idea. Obama all the way back to Clinton, including Bush Jr. kicked foreign policy down the street.