Trey Klock transferring out

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I live in same town as Gilbert family, don't know them but people that do said they were not happy with GT at the time.

You have to get in.....you can't just choose to get your MBA. Darryl Richard went straight to business school at Tech after finishing in three years. He was a 4.0 guy in high school and obviously had the chops to get accepted to grad school. In my experience, the grad business schools don't give a rip about the football team.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I hate that we are losing Eason and Trey. Eason and Trey are such great young men. We are going to miss both of them. You won't meet a nicer family than those two families. I'm mean just great parents. I guess my point is if they decided to move on with their lives, it's the right decision for them. Eason " got out" and Trey is working on getting out in only 3 years. I hope both of them succeed . Honestly I'm sad they left, but you can't get mad at guys like that. Class acts.

Had hopes of seeing those two with Will at rg and Sham at left guard as the jumbo package rammed the ball down uga throat during the 4th quarter to make a power statement. Would be so orange bowl like to see sham come in for Braun in 4 th quarter.

Will be interesting to see how the Morgan s fill this void. Can't wait till next year s uga game. THWG

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Just take a couple of pages from @flea77's playbook.
#1. Don't post vague "insider" info and not expect some backlash from forum folks wanting more info or some kind of verification / proof of what you imply.
#2. Don't post insider info on players that you don't have privilege / permission to divulge from said players.
#3. See number 1 and 2 for reinforcement and you won't find much, or any, complaints.
I think the problem was how it was being “reported” of another potential transfer. It was being conveyed as if we had someone transferring due to issues of PT/Problems with the staff or something negative. Trey’s graduating and deciding to get his MBA somewhere else. It sucks we lose him but these kind of transfers happen and are respectable.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I think the problem was how it was being “reported” of another potential transfer. It was being conveyed as if we had someone transferring due to issues of PT/Problems with the staff or something negative. Trey’s graduating and deciding to get his MBA somewhere else. It sucks we lose him but these kind of transfers happen and are respectable.

To be fair, it could be both.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Look folks. Believe what you want. But this offseason has had more transfers than any of late even beginning 2015. These are not academic casualties.

Now. Klock is not the case i am about to mention. But for most we are brutally turning over the roster. Weeks ago i argued we weed out wait and see. Thx.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Look folks. Believe what you want. But this offseason has had more transfers than any of late even beginning 2015. These are not academic casualties.

Now. Klock is not the case i am about to mention. But for most we are brutally turning over the roster. Weeks ago i argued we weed out wait and see. Thx.
Do you think CPJ has changed his MO with regards to how he communicates with kids who are not a productive part of the roster? Or is he the same ol coach but his standard approach is just leading to more attrition this year by chance?

As I said earlier, GT is not a factory that reloads with "oven ready" players. We must be patient and develop. Development takes time. For some it's physical maturity, for others it's skill development. We rarely get guys who are good to go in both categories.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Do you think CPJ has changed his MO with regards to how he communicates with kids who are not a productive part of the roster? Or is he the same ol coach but his standard approach is just leading to more attrition this year by chance?

As I said earlier, GT is not a factory that reloads with "oven ready" players. We must be patient and develop. Development takes time. For some it's physical maturity, for others it's skill development. We rarely get guys who are good to go in both categories.

I agree with your last paragraph no issue.

I think paul is the same guy who is starting to change a few things with how he tolerates and how his assistants are tolerating things

Fyi. Doesnt apply to klock.

Also paul is towards end of his career. I think he is going to make a big push soon. Todd helps

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

I think paul is the same guy who is starting to change a few things with how he tolerates and how his assistants are tolerating things

Also paul is towards end of his career. I think he is going to make a big push soon. Todd helps
on the Admin?

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck

can you flesh this out a bit more?

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
So for those of us nosebleeds that always get surprised, maybe now we know why we took so many OL and DB recruits this year. :)

Also, this makes me scared for folks like Matthew Jordan - he graduates this spring I think. Yikes.

Graduates in THREE YEARS while essentially holding down a full time job that is being a football player. WOW.

Georgia Tech was the funnest seven years of my life. Why in the world anyone would want to do extra work to leave early is beyond me...

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Insiders certainly know more about the motivation and details, but he was on the outer rim of the two deep.

If you like playing football (not practicing) it makes sense to transfer somewhere that will allow you to do that, especially when you can pick up another degree. Smart move.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Trey's transfer is a bit of a surprise. I think it has combined with the others and (understandably) led to some conjecture. I like the admiration being expressed here for what he accomplished. And for the contribution he has made.

I think we need to be real careful applying theories that attempt to explain his particular case. I haven't heard anyone get close yet. Let's don't get too far out there.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Trey's transfer is a bit of a surprise. I think it has combined with the others and (understandably) led to some conjecture. I like the admiration being expressed here for what he accomplished. And for the contribution he has made.

I think we need to be real careful applying theories that attempt to explain his particular case. I haven't heard anyone get close yet. Let's don't get too far out there.
The voice of total reason. Thank you Dr Jacket