Trey Klock transferring out

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
This is like when your boy and girlfriend breakup- I really miss them. Great opportunity for him in the long run of life, but, damn I'm gonna miss his parents!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ole Trey is looking out for number one. Probably should give up team sports.

Go Jackets!
If the reports of philosophical differences with Sewak are true, I would have considered doing the same thing. Life is too short, and college football careers are too limited, to just accept situations that are unacceptable to you. Just like any job, if you have a disagreement with your boss, you address the issue head on. If there's not satisfactory resolution, then you find another job. Trey worked his butt off and helped this team the entire time he was at Tech. In return, Tech provided him an opportunity to earn a degree, which he did.

Drive-bys are beneath you.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Ole Trey is looking out for number one. Probably should give up team sports.

Go Jackets!

Dude, he graduated in 3 years and has done everything we've asked him to do. He held up his end of the bargain, as have we. Once a player graduates you have to be willing to let them go. It hurts to be on this end of the deal, but we've been on the other side as well. Did you criticize Skov the same way?

strong90

Jolly Good Fellow
It's beyond my limited reasoning skills to understand how anyone can fault a kid for using HS football to get a full ride to GT, get out in 3, and then use college football and his GT degree to get a full ride MBA from Northwestern. He either got great advice, made perhaps the best decision of his life, or both. I'm passionate about GT football, but with the prospect of a torn ACL or concussion constantly looming, I know what I would have advised my son to do.

Let's see...
1) FBS college football player;
2) GT grad in 3 years;
3) while doing 1 & 2 above, spearheaded fundraising and awareness for a charitable cause that he was passionate about; and
4) MBA from Northwestern.

He might be the most savvy dude in the room.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It's beyond my limited reasoning skills to understand how anyone can fault a kid for using HS football to get a full ride to GT, get out in 3, and then use college football and his GT degree to get a full ride MBA from Northwestern. He either got great advice, made perhaps the best decision of his life, or both. I'm passionate about GT football, but with the prospect of a torn ACL or concussion constantly looming, I know what I would have advised my son to do.

Let's see...
1) FBS college football player;
2) GT grad in 3 years;
3) while doing 1 & 2 above, spearheaded fundraising and awareness for a charitable cause that he was passionate about; and
4) MBA from Northwestern.

He might be the most savvy dude in the room.
Guys! Within 10 years of getting out of NW he will be making serious coinage.
This guy is a three year academic lottery pick. This is a positive. If he went to a small school that,was average at academics we can complain.

If we had a great MBA program, he probably would have stayed.

Get ready for Braun and Mills. RECRUIT OR DIE

Guys! Within 10 years of getting out of NW he will be making serious coinage.
This guy is a three year academic lottery pick. This is a positive. If he went to a small school that,was average at academics we can complain.

If we had a great MBA program, he probably would have stayed.

Get ready for Braun and Mills. RECRUIT OR DIE
Tech DOES have a great MBA program; it ranks #34 in the country. Unfortunately, Northwestern ranks #5. Those rankings made by US News & World Report....https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings?int=9dc208

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech DOES have a great MBA program; it ranks #34 in the country. Unfortunately, Northwestern ranks #5. Those rankings made by US News & World Report....https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings?int=9dc208

This rule may have changed (or I could just be uninformed as usual), but I thought in order to pursue a graduate transfer without sitting out a year, you had to enroll in a degree program that wasn't available at the school you are leaving. In this case, it looks like Trey is pursuing an MBA at NU, which is also offered at Tech. Does that rule no longer apply?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This rule may have changed (or I could just be uninformed as usual), but I thought in order to pursue a graduate transfer without sitting out a year, you had to enroll in a degree program that wasn't available at the school you are leaving. In this case, it looks like Trey is pursuing an MBA at NU, which is also offered at Tech. Does that rule no longer apply?
I don't think that rule applies to graduate transfer, but tranfers in undergrad. We had another OL a while back, Joe ?, transfer to Ga State for MBA as well.

Even if it does apply to grads, you must be accepted by your own school. Many grad programs frown upon accepting their own undergrads. They want diversity. It's also better for the student to switch schools for the same reason.

You can't fault TK for wanting the better program, either. Getting the best education should be any student's, SA's included, top priority, imo. At least that's what we are selling them in recruiting, right?

What dressedcheeseide said

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't think that rule applies to graduate transfer, but tranfers in undergrad. We had another OL a while back, Joe ?, transfer to Ga State for MBA as well.

Even if it does apply to grads, you must be accepted by your own school. Many grad programs frown upon accepting their own undergrads. They want diversity. It's also better for the student to switch schools for the same reason.

You can't fault TK for wanting the better program, either. Getting the best education should be any student's, SA's included, top priority, imo. At least that's what we are selling them in recruiting, right?
The rule is for Grad Transfers, specifically. You have to be entering a program not offered by the school you're at. However, if you aren't accepted into the program you want (at your own school) all restrictions are off. Joseph Gilbert was not accepted into the Tech MBA program, if I recall correctly.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Anyone know if TK tried to get in GT MBA?

If he did, and GT did not accept, that would be one of the all time **** azz nerd moves ever by GT.