Trey Klock transferring out

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He may want a chance to play as a tight end. That was his position in high school. We actually tried an tackle eligible pass to him late in the season without good execution. Also it should be noted that the top MBA programs require work experience for admision. I would not put anything past a school like UNC though. Some with fb teams might make an exception.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
It is what is is. Great guy, great family. But the water is under the bridge. Next man up. We have a SR and a RS Sr, a JR , and 3 Soph with starting exp. We have to have the others guys have a great spring. I don't know another team in the country that loses as many upperclassmen OL as we do. Its really weird. When Will first arrived he was 5th string LT. He played the second snap his freshman year... Its a combination of academics, injuries or something. Its weird.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Trey's transfer is a bit of a surprise. I think it has combined with the others and (understandably) led to some conjecture. I like the admiration being expressed here for what he accomplished. And for the contribution he has made.

I think we need to be real careful applying theories that attempt to explain his particular case. I haven't heard anyone get close yet. Let's don't get too far out there.

I heard it from a reliable source that the MBA thing is total BS and he's just done with football and planning to become a mercenary. His lifelong love for combat has been buried too long and he's ready to unleash his inner fury...what better way to do so that for a good amount of cash on the side. God help all those who cross his path...

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
I heard it from a reliable source that the MBA thing is total BS and he's just done with football and planning to become a mercenary. His lifelong love for combat has been buried too long and he's ready to unleash his inner fury...what better way to do so that for a good amount of cash on the side. God help all those who cross his path...
This is the real Trey Klock
e0949af2-7ba9-4fe3-8d95-df5d15af0661.jpg

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
;):) Ummmm...yeah. There it is. Now we have it.

yellowjacketfan1990

Georgia Tech Fan
I've read the theory that the MBA program at Tech "screwed" him over. Maybe he has been accepted/is pursuing a more competitive/even better MBA program somewhere else? Sometimes a change for grad school is much needed, or is necessary when trying to become more competitive in the workplace.

yellowjacketfan1990

Georgia Tech Fan
As for the rate of transfers... school at Tech is hard! CPJ makes sure that the men are students before they are athletes, and even though we like to believe that every recruit will be able to handle the difficulty of both the school and the football program, it just isn't "do-able" for all recruited athletes. It is sometimes just too much for some guys in the classroom/expectations off, that it only makes sense to find a different program that is a better "fit."

This does not apply to all cases, however it is important to recognize that as the difficulty of Tech increases (to make produce more desirable graduates for the workplace) and as practices increase in difficulty, the amount of transfers per/year is going to increase also.

TECH IS HARD. Our athletes are really smart and remarkable men. There is a reason why most of the REGULAR N.A.R.P. say they "got out" instead of "graduated."

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This thread solidifies to me the notion that there's danger in blind conjecture. Now we've got guys clinging to ideas with no basis in fact because they "read it" on internet message board.

The invention of the printing press led to the American Revolution. Now we have a president that loves to tweet.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
This thread solidifies to me the notion that there's danger in blind conjecture. Now we've got guys clinging to ideas with no basis in fact because they "read it" on internet message board.

The invention of the printing press led to the American Revolution. Now we have a president that loves to tweet.

Is Rock your reliable source ? LOL

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Trey is a great example of what a true SA really should be. He has his reasons for making a change in his career path. I would have liked for him to stay at GT and play for us but accept his decision. He is and always will be a GT alum and glad he chose to play for us. I just hope he goes to a team outside the ACC.