The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Please share more from that crystal ball you have.
Also you understand that college football won’t happen without student on campus regardless correct? It’s going to take A LOT for classes to not be online at that point. Universities are extremely risk averse especially in a situation like this.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Unlike the majority on this message board i do think there will be a 2020 season but there could be 1-2 less games played in the regular season.
This is kind of my gut feeling too. I see a conference only schedule happening. Maybe one OOC game to get to 9 or make conferences that play only 8 games add one more in conference game to get every league on the same page, followed up wiry an 8-10 team playoff

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Cancelled season is gaining momentum. It doesn’t need to happen though. Fear is crippling the global economy and ruining our way of life. Just publish accurate information and let everyone decide what they want to do...players and fans alike. If you want to be scared and stay home then be scared and stay home. Let everyone else live their lives and help this thing run its course.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Cancelled season is gaining momentum. It doesn’t need to happen though. Fear is crippling the global economy and ruining our way of life. Just publish accurate information and let everyone decide what they want to do...players and fans alike. If you want to be scared and stay home then be scared and stay home. Let everyone else live their lives and help this thing run its course.
That would be a fine way of thinking... if the virus didn’t affect so many more people than just the 1 person who gets infected. The incubation period, hospitalization rate, the co-infection rate, death rate, of the virus make everyone who wants go out in big crowds and live “as normal” extremely dangerous to basically everyone else in the population. Over an entire year of H1N1 there were 274,000 hospitalizations and only about 12,000 death. Covid has already killed double that many over 7 weeks with all of the mitigation policies in place. Plus, as of now Covid’s hospitalization rate is much higher than that of H1N1. It’s not about “being scared” and “living in fear”, it’s about understanding how your actions have consequences, and regarding this virus, those consequences come about for more than that 1 person who chooses not to “live in fear.” If there aren’t students on campus in August, college football won’t be played this fall. Maybe in the spring, we’ll see.

A 10 game schedule with 8 conference games could be highly possible:cigar:
With no students on campus for the summer session, there can't be any athletes on campus either, which means no summer practices. If students are allowed on campus in the Fall, then there COULD be a delayed season, but if there are no students on campus in the Fall, then there can be no season at all.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting opinions on how this will play out.

I am certainly not an expert, but my engineering opinion is that as more data is available, the models that predicted Armageddon will be refined and experts and entrepreneurs will find treatments and vaccines. In the next couple of months a way forward will open up.

Whether politicians can agree on that way forward leaves my non engineering opinion that we lose the 2020 season. It will become less about science and more about politics.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
If you are going to continue with social distancing guidelines, I feel that makes it extremely difficult to have fans in the stands. What does that look like and can/will teams do all the necessary steps to make it happen? And then is it worth it? Will you make the money that you are expending?

This thing isn’t going away anytime soon unfortunately but how and when to get the economy going is an incredibly tough call.

Milwaukee

Banned

79CEC2E7-9355-482A-BCE9-7828B92FD602.gif

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
If you are going to continue with social distancing guidelines, I feel that makes it extremely difficult to have fans in the stands. What does that look like and can/will teams do all the necessary steps to make it happen? And then is it worth it? Will you make the money that you are expending?

This thing isn’t going away anytime soon unfortunately but how and when to get the economy going is an incredibly tough call.

Back when we didn’t know, and we thought C19 might be as deadly as Ebola and more contagious, we were fearful and looked to the “experts”.

Now that it’s pretty clear that, unless you are pretty old and/or have a serious issue with obesity or hypertension, then your odds of being ok are very high, we need to be at a place of: If you are still fearful and don’t want to go to a restaurant, concert, or ballgame, then don’t go. If you feel comfortable doing so, then you should be free to make that choice, too. There are going to be many people who will remain in the former camp. Their psyches have been really rocked by this. I don’t really know how to help those people overcome, except for others to lead the way and show them that it’s ok to venture back out; that you can do it and you’ll be ok.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
We will get through C19. What I’m most worried about is how politicians have now seen how easy it is to seize more and more power and control away from the people. The NJ governor said, “I wasn’t thinking about the Bill of Rights when I shut down xyz”. In the name of “safety”, there are way too many people who will give up their freedom.
If they force the people to stay in their homes too much longer i really think there will start to be rioting all over the country and i can't say i would blame them.:cigar: