Tennessee fans already starting to talk about the 2017 GT-Tennessee game

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
This one always baffles me. We play UGA in game 12 of 12 every year. Using extreme scenarios, which WIN over the dawgs would you prefer?:
1) The one that represents their 12th loss in a season? OR
2) The one that is THE LOSS that squashes their shot at a National championship or that next good post-season game? [Ill admit if it's their 1st loss (i.e. SEC East champ & 11-1 season), it would NOT kill their title hopes]

TRICKY....

Bottom line... I end up in a conflicted state. I never want them to win. But I want our win over them to break their hearts...somehow.

Nothing "tricky" about it. An interesting proposition to be sure. But young people live much of their time "conflicted". Alas, have you not read Hamlet? The answer to your confessed state of confusion is quite simple. A beat down at the end of an 0-12 UGA season would be the ultimate in pleasure for a Tech fan. The only thing that could possibly rival this state of Nirvana would be the Gator fans' supposed perfect season which I understand is to win all 12 games slaughtering UGA, Tennessee, LSU, and Florida State in the most humiliatingly way possible then, beat an undefeated Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl for the national championship and fire the coach under the goal posts after the game.

techman

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree there is nothing tricky about what I prefer....here is the ideal scenario:

Georgia loses every game by several touchdowns to each of their opponents arriving at the game with Tech at 0-11. We score over 235 points breaking our 'Cumberland game' record causing "UGA" to become the answer to only a shameful trivia question. We never throw a pass and every Aback and Bback has over 200 yards each. CPJ even lets our center play Qback for a series early in the 4th qtr, chewing his rear end out when Kenny Cooper almost loses a fumble in the mesh. In maybe the only untoward moment during the entire affair, one of our cheerleaders is caught on video taking a dump on the UGA mascot after the game and the dawg doesn't seem to even notice. The hedges are stripped then uprooted by Georgia fans.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I want them to need one more win to go bowling every year and then we trounce them. You can't crush someone's hopes unless they have hope in the first place. Every year I want them to hope and then lose. If they lose every game then there won't be a full stadium of mutts in Athens when we beat them. If there aren't mutts in the stands then you can't enjoy seeing their sadness when they lose.
Most of all I just want to dominate this year and leave no doubt.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I would rather them be 11-0 and we crush them so badly that the committee won't put them in the playoffs. To top it off, the next weekend they upset Alabama to win the SEC so that no team from the SEC makes that playoffs. I believe this scenario would cause the most amount of pain for any mutt fan.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I would rather them be 11-0 and we crush them so badly that the committee won't put them in the playoffs. To top it off, the next weekend they upset Alabama to win the SEC so that no team from the SEC makes that playoffs. I believe this scenario would cause the most amount of pain for any mutt fan.

You just know in that scenario the talking heads on ESPN would play up the "they were too focused on the real test, Bama" and they'd still be above us in the rankings. They're so hypocritical...remember how they trashed the idea of a Michigan-Ohio State rematch in the title game, but then turned around and enthusiastically endorsed the idea when it was LSU-Bama? They will talk up whatever scenario works out best for them financially.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
As to the how I want UGAg to win/lose, I said this before and I stand by it:

If the mutts never win another game and become the first Division I P5 school in the modern era to disband their football team due to lack of interest, I would only be upset at the fact that they would not be able to lose any more. :happy:

Any level of success like you stipulate would only feed the mutts' sense of entitlement - even with two loses to GT in a single year.

Piss on 'em.

The referenced stipulation was that the mutts would still go to the playoff with a 12-1 record & the SEC Championship - because that is exactly how that would go as there will never be a scenario that The Committee leaves the eSpnEC champion out - and GT wins again in the playoff game.

Realistically, unless the mutts start having to accept bowl eligibility as a decent season, any success GT has over them will be seen as a fluke - even if GT runs off 3 to 4 wins in a row against 11-0 mutt teams .

Winning a game 2-0 against the Sisters of Mercy is too good for them.

Piss on 'em.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Not tricky. I'd rather be their 12th loss every year. Piss on em.
There is one reason and one reason only why I want them to be poor every year. Fewer side walk fans grow up being uga fans years after year and fewer recruits see uga as the be all and end all of college football. These guys are irrationally positive in their self assessments and only continually bad seasons can change that, just like the fact that the SEC has to be go several years without winning a natty before people will quit saying they are the best conference.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I want to beat UGA as much as anyone. I once dreamed of being the team that knocked them out of the national championship hunt. Now I believe that we give the Dwags too much credit. I want us to get to a point where we go toe-to-toe with them and confidently crush them. I know we have a lot to prove, especially being the perennial underdog, but I think we have appeared a bit tentative against them in the past (even in years when I felt sure we were the better team). I'd like to get to the point where beating the Dwags is simply an annoying task we have to complete before going to the ACC Championship Game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
There is one reason and one reason only why I want them to be poor every year. Fewer side walk fans grow up being uga fans years after year and fewer recruits see uga as the be all and end all of college football. These guys are irrationally positive in their self assessments and only continually bad seasons can change that, just like the fact that the SEC has to be go several years without winning a natty before people will quit saying they are the best conference.
Odd, but "Northeast Stinger" does not seem Scots or Sicilian, though you can hold a righteous grudge.

Deleted member 2897

And the sun rises in the east.

* Tennessee has 30,000 students and 350,000 alumni. Georgia Tech has about 130,000 alumni.
* Tennessee fans wear Orange. Georgia Tech fans wear Gold, White, Navy, Yellow, and Grey.

The first bullet point we can do nothing about. Any opponent of that size in the southeast that we play SHOULD have 2:1 fan attendance on us.

The second bullet point we can influence by only wearing GOLD.

If the fan split is 50/50, we'll still feel like its 75/25 due to our diluted colors in the stands. We must wear GOLD and GOLD ONLY. I have no doubt we'll show up in respectable numbers. We did at the bowl game last year. But if we don't wear ONLY GOLD you won't be able to tell. The TV (and the fact the seats were blue) looked like 2 to 1 Kentucky fans when it was just barely over 50/50.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

* Tennessee has 30,000 students and 350,000 alumni. Georgia Tech has about 130,000 alumni.
* Tennessee fans wear Orange. Georgia Tech fans wear Gold, White, Navy, Yellow, and Grey.

The first bullet point we can do nothing about. Any opponent of that size in the southeast that we play SHOULD have 2:1 fan attendance on us.

If the fan split is 50/50, we'll still feel like its 75/25 due to our diluted colors in the stands. We must wear GOLD and GOLD ONLY. I have no doubt we'll show up in respectable numbers. We did at the bowl game last year. But if we don't wear ONLY GOLD you won't be able to tell. The TV (and the fact the seats were blue) looked like 2 to 1 Kentucky fans when it was just barely over 50/50.[/QUOT

Course some of those "gold" shirts look fairly orange to me.

Milwaukee

Banned

If the fan split is 50/50, we'll still feel like its 75/25 due to our diluted colors in the stands. We must wear GOLD and GOLD ONLY. I have no doubt we'll show up in respectable numbers. We did at the bowl game last year. But if we don't wear ONLY GOLD you won't be able to tell. The TV (and the fact the seats were blue) looked like 2 to 1 Kentucky fans when it was just barely over 50/50.

I'll be wearing Navy unless I can find a gold Nike polo before then. Hopefully the bookstore will have stock.