Tennessee fans already starting to talk about the 2017 GT-Tennessee game

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
They're always going to say that stupid stuff though. But look, thats going to be a really tough game. Say what you want about those guys, but they'll have a ton of talented players and they'll fill that stadium up to where it will feel like an away game. We are also going to be breaking in a new QB. Add to that that we tend to start pretty slow on offense at the beginning of the year and it's going to be difficult.

Very exciting matchup though. Should be a lot of fun to watch.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
How long til the chop block conversations start? TN reps will be working officials all summer.
Yeah you can bet on that one poster said Coach Butch Jones shouldn't play defensive tackle Shy Tuttle(coming off of a knee injury)because of GT's "Chop blocking". I think GT will beat Tennessee and send Butch Jones on his way to being possibly fired after the 2017 season ;)

Last edited:

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, well, Vol Nation finally crawls out from under their Dooley/Kiffin rock and tries to manufacture some bulletin board material. Whoop dee doo. Wonder who read the post to 'em.

I'm lots more concerned about the Vols themselves. They've got some talent again.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Well, well, Vol Nation finally crawls out from under their Dooley/Kiffin rock and tries to manufacture some bulletin board material. Whoop dee doo. Wonder who read the post to 'em.

I'm lots more concerned about the Vols themselves. They've got some talent again.
I think most of them are expecting Tennessee to go 8-4 again.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
UT will be breaking in a new QB as well. Unlike UT, I think CPJ will handle a new QB A LOT better than Butch Jones.

If our defense continues to play like we have been the last 4 games, we should have a really good team.

We will have a new QB under center but chances are very high it will be MJ. And MJ is a veteran in our offense. New QB advantage....GT (see 2016 GT vpoly game)

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
All of this is just part of the arrogant SEC echo chamber. You see it from the dwags all the time, hell, you even saw it from Kentucky.

The SEC is the standard bearer of what college football should be. They cant handle a program like Tech being competitive with, much less beating theirs. It causes an absolute short in the reptilian part of their brains. When it happens, it is due to gimmickery, dirty "chop" blocks, and lack of focus on their part.

jacobchbe

Jolly Good Fellow
It's amazing how all SEC fans, no matter what team, sound the same when discussing us:

1. "High school offense"
2. "Illegal chop blocks"
3. "Dirty play"
4. "Worried about our linemen's knees"
5. "Option is easy to figure out with months to prepare"
6. "Gimmicky offense"
7. "Turky neck"
8. "Lesser talent"

They don't seem to talk about how we are 5 - 1 vs SEC during last 3 years.

slugboy

Staff member
They'll have a good recruiting class. Butch Jones does that well. If someone stands up at QB for them, it could be a rough game. They should have a good running game. They did beat VT to start the year, and it's not unusual for UT to start hot. Maybe our defense will step up a bit and we can start strong for a change.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
The Tennessee fans on Volnation are already starting to talk about the 2017 GT-Tennessee game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. A lot of the posts are on the arrogant side talking about GT's "small" win over Kentucky or the "high school" offense that GT runs.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/270235-georgia-tech-message-tennessee.html

Considering how well Kentucky played late in the year, and considering the Vols had lost 3 straight conference games at the time...I am certain that on Nov. 12th (Tennessee 49, Kentucky 36) it was ribs and gallons o' spiked sweet tea from Memphis to Chattanooga.