Tennessee fans already starting to talk about the 2017 GT-Tennessee game

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
That's nice but the coaches have to worry about now. It doesn't help them if a player is great in their 5th year if they're fired next year! You can't have it both ways. If coaches feel like a kid can help them win now they're going to play! Even if it's a few plays a game on special teams.
I agree completely until the last sentence.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I'm just telling you why they burn a red shirt for a few plays a game. As fans we obviously want to save the red shirt and have those 5th year seniors.

We also need to remember that not all players are willing to be 5 year guys...you're more likely to have a (possibly graduated) 4th year junior leave early than a true junior. Plus if they graduate then you're looking out for a grad transfer situation. It's not such a black & white issue.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
My inclination -- with the length of this thread -- was to give it up and move on to something else, anything else. But the more I think about it the better it looks. This once was such a historic college matchup -- Saturday afternoon score roundups of Deep South powers -- and this one has such interest for other reasons mostly, that it has to be good for GT particularly and college football in general. That place ought to be rocking for the game.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
My inclination -- with the length of this thread -- was to give it up and move on to something else, anything else. But the more I think about it the better it looks. This once was such a historic college matchup -- Saturday afternoon score roundups of Deep South powers -- and this one has such interest for other reasons mostly, that it has to be good for GT particularly and college football in general. That place ought to be rocking for the game.
Hopefully we will be joined in the next few months by Volnation posters;)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So many fans are complaining about cut blocks on that forum so I posted this for them.

IMG_0629.JPG
IMG_0647.JPG
IMG_0648.PNG
IMG_0649.JPG

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sort of alluded to this in the Stoops thread and want to take it further. If someone is able and willing to splice together 1 minute "How to cut block" videos, using only clips of the opposing team's offense, I think the product would actually be pretty effective in slowing down the dumb narratives re: GT. The clips could include evidence of good/effective cut blocks vs. failed attempts/follies, just to drive it home. We have a whole offseason to do one for Tennessee. Unfortunately I don't think I fit the "able" part of the prerequisite.
So many fans are complaining about cut blocks on that forum so I posted this for them.

View attachment 2401 View attachment 2402 View attachment 2403 View attachment 2404
@tech_wreck47 - thank you for answering the call.